Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's been TOO damn long, but the day has finally come! Better late than never. Thank you Nyla.

No more Nightmare Collective, no more part time champion. AEW's women's division is going in the right direction. Now, we just need to get Shida in the title picture.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,202 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking Shida will be Nyla's first opponent as well. But Riho wasn't terrible. She shouldn't get as much hate as she does. She wasn't believable in the ring by any means as tiny as she is, but she did have a cuteness to her that magnetized a lot of positive reactions for her run. That's all that really mattered in the end. Everyone loves an underdog. Especially one as adorable and likable as Riho. I didn't have a problem with her reign, except for the fact that she was never there. She was entertaining and gave us some pretty good matches that had the crowd completely invested. Tonight's match was awesome. I didn't mind her reign at all.

The right choice was made tonight though. The gold needs to be on the show and it needs to be involved in an actual program.

·
The EST of NXT
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm thinking Shida will be Nyla's first opponent as well. But Riho wasn't terrible. She shouldn't get as much hate as she does. She wasn't believable in the ring by any means as tiny as she is, but she did have a cuteness to her that magnetized a lot of positive reactions for her run. That's all that really mattered in the end. Everyone loves an underdog. Especially one as adorable and likable as Riho. I didn't have a problem with her reign, except for the fact that she was never there. She was entertaining and gave us some pretty good matches that had the crowd completely invested. Tonight's match was awesome. I didn't mind her reign at all.

The right choice was made tonight though. The gold needs to be on the show and it needs to be involved in an actual program.
The best ability is availability. Regardless of her likeability, she was a detriment to the division because it looked awful for the champion to never be on TV. She looked even worse when people realized Lesnar made more appearances than her. I'm glad you recognize that getting the belt off of her was the right thing to do though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree. In terms of wrestling ability and aggressiveness, Nyla makes perfect sense as a heel champion. I also agree with what one person here said about Riho. Although she wasn't believable as a wrestlers, she did have a cuteness about her that drew people in

It's also good that the Nightmare Collective is apparently finished. Brandi just wasn't believable as the ringleader of a demented and horror group. She was a lot more believable when she came down to the ring to support Cody during his lashes. Maybe they'll put her in a role like that more often.

Although AEW has made some really good moves, like making their product more edgy, dangerous, and less scripted, they've still tripped up on some occasions too. I really think they need some experienced bookers and writers to help out.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Only one of the original champs lasts. Is this them admitting fault for the first few months? They're definitely fixing a lot of the issues they had

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not a huge Nyla fan but it was time for the belt to come off Riho and Nyla is the one who should carry the strap right now. Guessing Riho will get a rematch at Revolution and then we’ll move on to the question of who can take the belt off Nyla. Down the road I would like to Statlander slay the beast.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
I'm not sure why people are acting as if the women's division will get significantly better because of a title change. Their women's division is bad regardless of who holds the title lol

·
The EST of NXT
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Salt of the Earth
16,255 Posts
Riho is great.

Her reign however wasn't. Nyla is awful but atleast she is likely to be on television each week which the women's champion needs to be at its infancy.

Shida will take it off her and it'll lead to Shida vs a heel Britt Baker down the line.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Riho is great.

Her reign however wasn't. Nyla is awful but atleast she is likely to be on television each week which the women's champion needs to be at its infancy.

Shida will take it off her and it'll lead to Shida vs a heel Britt Baker down the line.
Shida vs Baker is what they should build towards for sure, Baker is OVER

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Riho was a bad joke since the beggining.

However the new champ doesn't change the fact that the division is in pretty bad shape.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If Nyla was champion in a place like NXT or WWE then I would actually have a problem with it. But I'm fine with her being champion in AEW because the AEW's women's division is so awful that she is an actual standout. Also, I'm not about to complain about a "Man being a women's champion" and I'll explain why. The following things I have seen in my couple times that I have tuned in to AEW:

I've seen two men wrestle in eye patches because they both got stabbed in the eye
I've seen a grown man crying as he received ten lashings
I've seen glow in the dark skeletons dancing
I've seen a man attack people with a staple gun.
I've seen a man wrestle with his hands in his pocket
I've seen a man twerking
I've seen selling so over the top that it borderlines on ridiculous
I've seen a woman go around collecting hair
I've seen a woman curb stomp another woman's tooth out
I've seen an 80 pound asian woman actually win matches
I've seen a man who looks like a small child wrestle
I've seen a guy named Luchasaurus who teams with a guy named Jungle Boy (I actually like them for the record)

So if a fanbase is willing to accept over the top stuff like that, I don't want to hear complaining about a transgender winning a woman's title.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts