Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have observed lately that Del Rio is finally getting some reaction. The crowd are warming up to him a little now. Also, he cut a very good promo this week on SmackDown.

He has given people no reason to hate him so far. He is still a cool guy who drives cars and has a funny announcer. But, with some work on his gimmick, he will surely get more over.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
He still bores me to death so i see no improvement.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edited heat.
You can see the people in the crowd and can make out how legit the reaction is. Sure it may be edited, but its still quite a bit compared to him coming out to crickets earlier.

I even saw a big Del Rioooooooooooo sign in the crowd :D

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Del Rio gets reactions. There's just so much noise happening during his entrances that it's tough to hear anything. Then again, he often gets some cheers during his entrances, simply because they're cool.

Part of Del Rio's problem has always been that he doesn't always act like a big enough heel to get the majority of fans to boo him.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Edited heat.
Yup. You can still hear a pin drop when he enters on RAW. His marks will go a long way in defending him though. I remember reading one guy's post that his theme music starts off so loud that you can't hear the boos. What?

I still think Del Rio would work better as a face. The guy has natural charisma that admittedly doesn't translate well to being a heel and a flashy moveset so what's the harm? He played that role very well in Mexico apparently so if Vince wants to capitalize on him while he's still around I think it'd be a good idea to at least give it a trial run. If people don't really buy into it he can turn back quickly and give the crowd at least a little bit of a reason to boo him.

EDIT: Wow, just as I type the opening blurb somebody makes that exact excuse.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
If WWE is serious about pushing him as a major heel on Smackdown, he has to take the title from Sheamus. Right now, he's doing all of the actions of a heel but no one believes that he actually will beat Sheamus. They obviously brought Del Rio over to be the main event heel of Smackdown so book him as such with the title and then his crowd response should improve.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Del Rio gets reactions. There's just so much noise happening during his entrances that it's tough to hear anything. Then again, he often gets some cheers during his entrances, simply because they're cool.

Part of Del Rio's problem has always been that he doesn't always act like a big enough heel to get the majority of fans to boo him.
How can he get heat if he is given nothing to work with? I don't even know why they gave him the rich boy gimmick if they don't even let him use it to get heel heat.

He is getting a reaction, that's important. Earlier, when he used to come out, it was embarrassing.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
To me, he just seems better suited as a face. He doesn't really get a reaction as a heel and tbh when he does get a reaction it's normally cheers or 'Si' so maybe he'd be better of being the rich guy who spreads the wealth.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To me, he just seems better suited as a face. He doesn't really get a reaction as a heel and tbh when he does get a reaction it's normally cheers or 'Si' so maybe he'd be better of being the rich guy who spreads the wealth.
Mexican Ted DiBiase junior?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I have observed lately that Del Rio is finally getting some reaction. The crowd are warming up to him a little now. Also, he cut a very good promo this week on SmackDown.

He has given people no reason to hate him so far. He is still a cool guy who drives cars and has a funny announcer. But, with some work on his gimmick, he will surely get more over.

Thoughts?
The same, I always thought hes great. I don't care at crowd reaction to the extent to let them judge if a wrestler/character is good or not for me, people that use those kind of excuses just never liked him and no matter what they aren't going to like him but maybe stop bitching when he start to job on consistent basis to their under-pushed darlings.

·
We the people !
494 Posts
i wish they would give ADR a good fued and of course they put him with sheamus and every fued sheamus has been in has bored the shit out of me

·
Banned
370 Posts
He worked as a face for his entire career (about 10 years)

No surprise he isn't a great heel

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
ADR 'reactions' are fine. Him 'not getting a reaction' is just something that looks cool in the IWC. ADR may not be a ME Superstar like Cena or Orton, but for me he's the most entertaining WWE Superstar from the current roster since he debuted.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Not enough Lieing, cheating, or stealing for me. I'm sure he'll get more of a reaction once they change up his gimmick. Haven't noticed a change at all except for a few ci ci ci chants.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I find him entertaining.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
That guy is going to be a great face. Bank on it.
Pretty much. I don't see why WWE has been keeping him heel. He's charismatic as heel, he's got the look, and people love his goofy sidekick/ring announcer. Bad booking aside, none of those things have worked in his favor as a heel. Also, as someone already pointed out, he's worked pretty much his entire career as a face and hasn't looked particularly comfortable in a heel role. Some guys have the "it" factor, but can only seem to really apply it when working face or heel, one or the other, but not both. ADR seems to be one of those guys.

Of course, they could already be setting up a face turn as he hasn't been particularly heelish since his return. So maybe after Sheamus is done with him they'll start a slow-burn face turn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts