Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been hotly debated topic between the ROH faithful in the last year. Which team is better: The American Wolves or The Kings of Wrestling? Which team would dominate the other? Which team is the best in ROH? Which team would Shane Hagadorn side with? All of those questions have been bandied about as The KoW have once again risen to prominence throughout 2010, while The Wolves have focused more on their solo aspirations, especially with Eddie Edwards reigning as World TV Champion. But given their mutual association with Shane Hagadorn, it seemed like this ROH dream match would likely never happen.

Well with one punch from Davey Richards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeX0h8oDMHU) and one verbal confrontation with Eddie Edwards (http://www.youtube.com/user/ringofhonor#p/u/11/NMI8OQCpnL4) it’s become very obvious that The Wolves have severed their ties with Hagadorn once and for all. Add in the events that transpired on an upcoming episode of “ROH on HDNet” between The Wolves and Kings, and finally all the pieces were in place for the ROH faithful to get the tag team match they have been clamoring for.

ROH officials have been working diligently to get this match set in stone, but due to the Japanese commitments of Eddie Edwards it wasn’t going to happen in October. Unfortunately, due to the Japanese commitments of Davey Richards it also won’t be possible to hold this match in Dearborn or Mississauga during the month of November either. So with that in mind that ROH officials have found the earliest date all parties would be available, and it is with great excitement, that we can now announce that on December 17th when ROH returns to Plymouth, MA it will be The Kings of Wrestling, with Shane Hagadorn in their corner, versus The American Wolves! And should the KoW still have the belts in their possession at that time, the ROH World Tag Team Titles WILL be on the line!

ROH will look to get comments from the four men involved in the match, but Shane Hagadorn has already promised to share his thoughts with the ROH faithful later on this week. The Kings vs. The Wolves, 12/17/10, Plymouth, MA, tickets on sale now: http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=542!

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Well we knew that between them making it for the titles and what happened on the HDNet tapings on Sat. Still should be great.

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
Didn't they do some angle at the tapings where the kings said they would only put the belts on the line against a team who had beat them but would face anyone in a non title match? Hmmm.
Very interesting indeed......

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Fuck! I have a feeling they would have done this in Mississauga had Davey not been touring with NOAH in November. Other than Strong vs. Daniels I wonder what they're going with in Mississauga...?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm really excited for this especially after seeing Davey wrestle against Claudio and Hero. Everyone in this match can go and you know they're all going out there to put on something truly special.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It doesn't matter that KOW will obviously win, this match will still be amazing and worth the wait. After watching Hero and Davey at PWG Seven I truly believe this will be match of the year.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This is gonna be pretty darn awesome, I must say. It seems ROH is one of the few places that can still produce these kind of first time dream matches nowadays. Final Battle weekend is going to be off the hook by the looks of this.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
NEGATIVE NANCY IN ME

3/4 of this match took place in PWG, in what I consider to be among the worst matches I've ever seen.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Yeah all four people in this match have improved SO much since 2006, it's beyond stupid to even try to compare the two. I can't wait for this match :)

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
I hate watching Davey wrestling in 2006. I'm not sure at what point he from bad to awesome but 2006 is safely in the terrible zone.

And if I had to guess the PWG match they had probably lasted almost a full hour...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I hate watching Davey wrestling in 2006. I'm not sure at what point he from bad to awesome but 2006 is safely in the terrible zone.

And if I had to guess the PWG match they had probably lasted almost a full hour...
It was like 48 minutes of body slams and generally nothing interesting happening for any reason.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
It was like 48 minutes of body slams and generally nothing interesting happening for any reason.
I wish Zokre didn't have to die earlier that night, but fate was clearly not on our side. This match going near the one hour mark puzzles me just as much as Daniels/Styles the previous year. It was funny hearing the crowd go "end this shit already!" everytime they went for another ridiculous stretch.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
I wish Zokre didn't have to die earlier that night, but fate was clearly not on our side. This match going near the one hour mark puzzles me just as much as Daniels/Styles the previous year. It was funny hearing the crowd go "end this shit already!" everytime they went for another ridiculous stretch.
PWG does end up trying too hard to go for that "Epic" match sometimes. Pretty much any Joey Ryan main event or Super Dragon match would be a prime example of this.

And that Daniels/Styles match pisses me off. I just got the impression that they were half assing it the whole time. No reason to make them wrestle for 60 minutes but that's what happens when you book a title vs. title match in a situation where the titles can't really be changing hands.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
True but that match had Super Dragon in it, whereas this one will have... Eddie Edwards. Fuck. Let me try that again.

True but that match took place in 2006, whereas this one will be in 2010. There we go.
You forget the main selling point of the match. The Hagadorn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts