Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-- TNA World champion Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Morgan for the TNA Title.

-- TNA tag champions Motor City Machineguns vs. Generation Me for the TNA Tag Titles.

-- TNA TV champion A.J. Styles vs. Douglas Williams for the TV Title.

-- X Division champion Robbie E. vs. Jay Lethal for the X Division Title with Cookie suspended above the ring.

-- Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe in a Submission match.

-- Abyss vs. The Pope in a casket match.

-- Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino in a First Blood match.

-- Beer Money vs. Ink Inc. in a #1 contender match for the TNA Tag Titles.

-- Mickie James vs. Tara in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
That Beer Money vs Ink Inc. match is totally unnecessary.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
It'll be utter trash that insults fans intelligence, just like the last one.

Hary, MCMG, Styles, Robbie, Jarrett, Abyss, RVD, Ink Inc and Mickie will win the matches

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BMI/Ink Inc should be in the FMM match.
And what sense would it??

The match is the No. 1 spot Conteder's for the TNA World Tag Team Titles, they do at the PPV, just to find challengers for Guns immediately.
And I don't see anything strange, I hope of course that will win the Ink Inc. thanks to the debut of Christina Von Eerie.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Ink Inc will definitely beat Beer Money.

I love how Rhino is booked to lose to Tommy Dreamer and now faces RVD...could he possibly look any weaker going in? What sense did it make for him to lose that match on Impact?

My guess is both Pope and Joe win and Bischoff puts them against each other on Impact to decide who gets the next shot at Hardy. If Anderson is still going to be out for a while they'll need another challenger in the meantime, and i dont think they want RVD vs Hardy yet. Then again, after seeing Rhino lose it wouldnt suprise me if both Pope and Joe lose and then get the #1 contender match!!

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Junkie Hardy. His isn't dropping the belt anytime remotely soon.
MCMG
AJ
I'm hoping for Lethal, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have the Snore retain.
JJ with at least one run-in.
Abyss at least one run-in again.
RVD
BMI
Anf finally James.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Looking over that card, its actually, dare I say it, not bad!

OK, maybe its a little too gimmicky, but none of those gimmicks for the individual matches are really out of place given the feuds. Maybe 9 matches is a tad too much (although my favorite TNA PPV ever, BFG07, had 9 matches, so whatever). Maybe a couple of those grudge matches could have been held off until Genesis or something.

For Survivor Series, I said it was the WWE's best card on paper in a long time. Well, I'm going to say the same thing here with Final Resolution. Not a fantastic card, but the best TNA has served on paper in a long time.

TAG TEAM NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS MATCH
Beer Money Inc Vs. Ink Inc.
- This should be a good match. I actually like Ink Inc as a team (best Shannon Moore has been since his M'Fer days, lol). And anybody who knows me, knows that I LOVE Beer Money. Hopefully they go over here.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Robbie E (c) Vs. Jay Lethal
w/Cookie Suspended above the Ring in a Cage
- OK, this match is the one true dud on the card. I don't like The Shore gimmick, so I don't care about this match. HOPEFULLY, they give up on The Shore & just put the title back on Lethal, but I doubt it. Ironically, the TV & Tag Title matches are better X Division matches than the X Title match!

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE KNOCKOUTS MATCH
Mickie James Vs. Tara
- Well...yeah. They had that massive brawl at Turning Point, so it makes sense that some kind of No DQ match would be next. They had a good match last month, and I think they'll have a good one at FR as well.

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
Rob Van Dam Vs. Rhino
- Rhino getting fed to RVD on his way out by the look of it. It'll be a solid hardcore match I think so hope it goes well.

TNA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (c) Vs. Douglas Williams
- Um yeah. This is going to be good! Great mix of styles (pun intended) should make for a good match!

CASKET MATCH
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero Vs. "The Monster" Abyss
- Well with them pushing a casket around for a month, you knew this match was bound to happen. I think it'll be fine match where Pope will probably go over.

SUBMISSION MATCH
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe Vs. "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett
- OK, I'm not going to lie. I actually like what they've done with Jarrett's character, and I think this two could have a good match together. We shall see. I would hope that this would be the set up for Joe to go over.

TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: FULL METAL MAYHEM MATCH
The Motor City Machine Guns (c) Vs. Generation Me
-...AWESOME!!! Calling it here, MOTN! The Guns have been having the best matches in TNA, and that brawl they had with GenMe last week was sick, so its nice to see some kind of follow up to it. This is going to be wild, awesome, and fun. I wouldn't be too surprised at a title change either, but we'll see.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"The Antichrist" Jeff Hardy (c) Vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan
w/A Special Referee of Morgan's Choosing
- Well by this point, its less random than it was at Turning Point, but I'm still not overly excited about it. I just don't like how Morgan has gone from stooge to top babyface in just a month's time, but oh well. I know who the referee is having read the spoilers, and I pray they don't do a stupid heel turn swerve here because it really wouldn't make sense.

So yeah, overall, the card isn't bad on paper. Certainly better than most of the recent TNA PPVs.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hardy will win the match and retain his Divas title. It's too early for a title change yet.
Expecting MCMG to win their match, but you never know. Maybe it's time for a Gen Me run.
AJ Styles will retain the "Name Changed Every Year" title.
Jay Lethal, because Robbie E shouldn't have been pushed and his title run is awful.
Samoa Joe, because continually burying Joe is stupid for the company.
The Pope will win the silly casket match. So many fucking gimmicks.
RVD will win the First Blood match. As a result for his loss, Immortal will fire Rhino on the spot.
Beer Money. Enough fucking said.
Mickie James to win, let's continue to push her so she can get her expected KO Title.

Will YOU be part of the 10,000 people who will order this usual PPV offering from TNA, LIVE in a tourist attraction?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Gimmick overload and shit booking that overlook the talent of the wrestlers. The usual.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
-- TNA World champion Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Morgan for the TNA Title.

-- TNA tag champions Motor City Machineguns vs. Generation Me for the TNA Tag Titles.

-- TNA TV champion A.J. Styles vs. Douglas Williams for the TV Title.

-- X Division champion Robbie E. vs. Jay Lethal for the X Division Title with Cookie suspended above the ring.

-- Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe in a Submission match.

-- Abyss vs. The Pope in a casket match.

-- Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino in a First Blood match.

-- Beer Money vs. Ink Inc. in a #1 contender match for the TNA Tag Titles.

-- Mickie James vs. Tara in a Falls Count Anywhere match.
Not usually a fan of 9 match PPVs, but I think for this one... it will work out fine.

Beer Money vs Ink Inc. - Hey, the more Tag Team Pro Wrestling the better. I see Beer Money going over.

Mickie James vs Tara - I thought this would end up on the show... Mickie goes over.

RVD vs Rhino - RVD goes over... Looks like it's the end for Rhino, too bad.

Abyss vs The Pope - Im not really into the whole casket deal, it's silly... but I guess the Pope goes over. Although, how does one person but a 350 pound man into a casket?......

Jeff Jarrett vs Samoa Joe - Joe goes over

Robbie E vs Lethal - I think Lethal regains here and goes on to feud with Kaz...

MCMG vs GEM ME - I see MCMG closing out 2010 as the Tag Team Champions.

AJ vs Williams - Now this could be one hell of a Professional Wrestling match. I see AJ winning but this match, given time, could be a show stealer.

Matt Morgan vs Jeff Hardy - The promotion is not gonna take the belt off Hardy yet... so I pick Jeff.

Should be a good show that include the mix of backstage interviews/promos and video packages. That AJ/Williams match has got me excited about the PPV.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
If that's the card that takes place about the only match that wouldn't have a gimmick might be the best one in Williams/Styles. Don't think Beer Money/Ink Inc. will happen simply because there won't be enough time on the show with all the gimmick matches, which is just insane. Talk about stip overload.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This actually looks like a solid night of wrestling,

1. Hardy obviously,but I've been enjoying Matt Morgan as of late, so I hope this match is better than last month's.
2. This one is up in the air, I want GenME to win because it's a waste of time for them to face the Guns so much and lose everytime, but also London Brawling is coming back after FR, so the Guns might retain here.
3. Glad they're finally using the TV title more seriously, and I wouldn't as for a better match to give it prestige. I want Williams to go over.
4. Since Cookie wasn't banned, she could still get incolved somehow, either win would make sense. I like these two, and they have had solid matches so far, but nothing mind blowing. As someone previously mentioned, I could see Kaz going for the X title after FR, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 way feud between Robbie E, Lethal, and Kaz.
5. I think Joe is going over, nuff said. Should be entertaining as Joe has been on a role lately with his promos and matches.
6. I think somehow Pope will get the win, seeing as they prolonged the casket match that was originally supposed to happen, to being at this PPV.
7. I wish it was just a No DQ match, First Blood is so anticlimactic in my opinion, although I've enjoyed a few First blood matches, I assume RVD will go over.
8. I don't really care who is going to win this match, because I like both teams, the winner of this match will probably determine the winner of FMM, or vice versa, either way it should be a good match.
9. I see Mickie going over, hopefully this is the climax for the feud, like I assume the rest of this card will be, should be a fun little match.

Overall, I think this PPV will be decent, there is way more build up to this one than the last few TNA PPV's. I'm actually excited for this PPV. I think this is going to be the PPV where Team Dixie (that's what I'm calling the faces) will bounce back from their losses, except Morgan of course. Overall it looks solid, and I appreciate TNA putting the TV title to good use for once. However the continuous absense of the women's titles, especially the tag title is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs. (c) Jeff Hardy of Immortal

SUBMISSION MATCH
Jeff Jarrett vs “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe

CASKET MATCH
“The Monster” Abyss vs “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero

1st BLOOD MATCH
Rob Van Dam vs “The War Machine” Rhino

TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
FULL METAL MAYHEM
Motor City Machine Guns (champs) vs Generation Me

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH
Tara vs Mickie James

TNA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles (champ) vs Douglas Williams

TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH
COOKIE SUSPENDED ABOVE THE RING IN SHARK CAGE
Robbie E (champ) vs Jay Lethal

#1 CONTENDER’S MATCH
Beer Money vs Ink Inc.

from : http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2252-Final-Resolution-Sunday,-December-5-On-PPV

Beer Money should face Motor City Machine Guns for the TNA TAG TEAM TITLE at TNA Genesis 2011.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
wrong TNA needs to keep Immortal strong for the storyline Hardy will win so will Beer Money in jarrett's im sure there will be an interference/jump if he loses and AJ will keep his belt and MCMG will win to keep them strong and on a roll Mickie is gonna win her 2nd PPV in TNA since the 1st was no contest as for robbie and jay..not sure

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Suprised that you guys think Beer Money will win. I know rehashes happen all the time but damn...they just had a friggin best of 7 with the Guns not that long ago. Great matches yes...but we need a long break before they feud again. Although i dont like them, i have to think theyre going to give Ink Inc the signature upset win to set up the face vs face match.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That's a lot of gimmick matches, and rematches of things I didn't find interesting and/or weren't good the last time around. MCMG/GM, AJ/Williams, and Mickie/Tara are about the only things that interest me. Hopefully those matches aren't rushed.

MCMG/GM should be great but makes no sense to do since MCMG have beaten GM clean and definitively in every match they had the last 3 months minus that 8-man, the babyface champs destroyed the heels and got their revenge a week before this match was announced, and this feud hasn't been building to a TLC match. I guess MCMG win as the opposite would make no sense given how GM have been booked, and taking the belts off the act who has carried the in-ring side of many recent shows (and has the best looking match on paper again) may not be a good move to do just yet.

Styles/Williams should be great, if it isn't killed by overbooking. This is one match I'd have no problem seeing again next month... unless they add a dumb stip.

Mickie/Tara should be good, though it makes the booking look scatter brained, and makes Mickie winning a title shot last week look pointless. Madison going another PPV w/o defending the belt 2 months after TNA did multiple storylines involving the 30 day clause is inconsistent. It, however, isn't as bad as the Knockout Tag Title situation.

Beer Money/Ink Inc could be decent, but seems unnecessary when there are 8 other matches, 1/2 of which are gimmick matches that should eat up some time, and w/ 1 show to go, there's no issue between these teams. This may be the 1st time I'm making an argument against BM having a regular tag match on PPV. I figure (and want) BM win, which would hopefully get the tag titles higher up the card, at least for a month.

Everything else looks sub-par. I haven't been impressed w/ Morgan in-ring outside matches against Angle & AJ, and (TNA) Hardy is neither of those guys so I don't see the main event being good. Plus I heard last month's match was poor.

I think Joe & Jarrett could have a good submission match, but I don't see it happening here. I expect the effort of these two will end up being negated by overbooking.

I'll be shocked if the casket match is any good. I wish they'd go a month (if not more) w/o an Abyss PPV singles match. Most of them are bad. If anyone in Immortal should get thrown into massive tags nearly every month, it's Abyss.

If Rhino can't beat Dreamer, why should I think he can beat RVD a week later on PPV? If RVD doesn't seem to care during his matches, why should I?

Between making Lethal look like a schmuck over the last couple months, and adding that gimmick, I don't see many being excited about the X match.

As for the winners, I'm thinking Hardy, MCMG, Williams (DQ), Robbie, Jarrett, Abyss, RVD, BM, & Mickie.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
-- TNA World champion Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Morgan for the TNA Title - Hardy via ToH

-- TNA tag champions Motor City Machineguns vs. Generation Me for the TNA Tag Titles. - MCMG gonna be feuding with London Brawling soon.

-- TNA TV champion A.J. Styles vs. Douglas Williams for the TV Title - AJ. looking forward to this match.

-- Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe in a Submission match. - Joe

-- Abyss vs. The Pope in a casket match. - Pope

-- Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino in a First Blood match. - RVD

-- Beer Money vs. Ink Inc. in a #1 contender match for the TNA Tag Titles. - Beer Money gets a quick match with MCMG before Brawling comes in for a long feud.

-- Mickie James vs. Tara in a Falls Count Anywhere match - Mickie

1 - 20 of 53 Posts