Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Ugh, that's not even that old and they're redoing it? Too lazy to come up with new concepts? let's just redo old ones.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Ugh, that's not even that old and they're redoing it? Too lazy to come up with new concepts? let's just redo old ones.
Are you talking about Squarenix or Sony? Because Sony have over thirty exclusives lined up for the Vita. Not exactly lazy. Nintendo have been doing what you are complaining about for years. They literally almost recreated their whole old school catalogue. Besides, square are not being lazy. They are already working on two Final Fantasty games that are coming out not including this one. I'd rather they just hurry the hell up and finish FFVersus instead of creating a whole new game.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
I meant the video gaming industry as a whole. This was a game on the previous console, not even 10 years old and they have to remake it? Just got to milk every dollar I guess.

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
They're not full on "remaking" it. It's an HD port, I believe. Like the God of War Collection, Team ICO Collection, Prince of Persia Trilogy, and so on... maybe. Info is vague.

I would've preferred an HD package of the FF PS2 "Trilogy" if you will, including X, X-2, and XII. Oh well.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
MOTHERFUCKER BRING THAT SHIT TO THE XBOX 360.

Seriously considering buying a PS3 for this, my favourite game of all time. All they need to do is remake FF7, announce a new Kingdom Hearts and show us more on FF: Versus and I might just buy this console.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I hope they remake the first two Kingdom Hearts games on the Vita. It's looking really impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I meant the video gaming industry as a whole. This was a game on the previous console, not even 10 years old and they have to remake it? Just got to milk every dollar I guess.
Actually it is 10 years old. I get what you're saying, but how are games supposed to live on? Old movies got released on DVD after VHS, and now on Blu-Ray, is it milking it? Maybe in a way, but it's helping the games live on for more generations, it's not like there isn't much original stuff coming out in the gaming world.
Besides it's not even a real 'remake', it's like all the other PS2 games that have been re-released on PS3, just remastered in HD graphics with trophy support.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Actually it is 10 years old. I get what you're saying, but how are games supposed to live on? Old movies got released on DVD after VHS, and now on Blu-Ray, is it milking it?
I still got my NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2, Gameboy, GBA, etc to play my favorite games whenever I want. Half of the nostalgia is using that old system again. They live on in your collection of games.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Considering it sold nearly 7 million copies worldwide I think it's safe to say that you can't really complain about the so called "money-grabbing". With sales figures like that there's obviously a high demand for the remake and I'm certainly in that crowd. Now just make a HD remake of VII and I'm set, throw in VIII and IX for some bonus points.

·
Registered
326 Posts
FFX is by far my favorite FF game yet. The Battle System is flawless, I love the characters (mainly Rikku), and I enjoyed the storyline. This is another reason for me to get a PS3 again.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Considering it sold nearly 7 million copies worldwide I think it's safe to say that you can't really complain about the so called "money-grabbing". With sales figures like that there's obviously a high demand for the remake and I'm certainly in that crowd. Now just make a HD remake of VII and I'm set, throw in VIII and IX for some bonus points.
A HD trilogy with FF7, FF8 and FF9 would be freaking epic. Especially considering I haven't played any of those games.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
A HD trilogy with FF7, FF8 and FF9 would be freaking epic. Especially considering I haven't played any of those games.
And you call yourself a gamer? Download them on PSN and do yourself a favor. Skip FF8 if you want because it kinda sucks. Squall, Laguna and Triple Triad are the only good things that came out of that one.

Also, screw FFVII. IX completely wipes the floor with it and it's superior in every possible way.

Zidane > Cloud

1 - 20 of 29 Posts