Wrestling Forum banner

Final Battle: Match #9 - Richie vs. KeepItFresh vs. Austin101

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Aussie 
#1 ·
Has the recent Triple H/McMahons/Orton feud completely destroyed young Randall's chances to reach his full drawing potential?

Deadline to hand in your debate will be Sunday May 10th. Failure to show will result in an automatic disqualification. As previously mentioned, your debates are to be posted in this thread only.

You have the option to choose your own side of the topic so you may debate the same side without consequence.

Good luck.

#2 ·
Has the recent Triple H/McMahons/Orton feud completely destroyed young Randall's chances to reach his full drawing potential?​

Conveniently, I've had the oppurtunity to catch shows prior to and post Mania so I can actually have the ability to not only state but elaborate my opinions with this paticular topic at hand.

You always need to look at facts. I hate opinions if they're not supported by facts. Didn't we all learn in school after all that an essay should always be supported by just that, FACTS. It's what puts criminals in jail, it's what drives us to whatever we believe. Facts are crucial, beneficial, vital.

Fact #1- Randy Orton has lost 9 out of 11 times on PPV against Triple H as of Wrestlemania 25.

It doesen't take a Brain Surgeon or Rocket Scientist to figure out there is something wrong with that picture. Especially considering Orton is the younger of the two.

I always hear about how Triple H MADE Randy Orton through Evolution but the last time I checked it was Orton always saving the day for Hunter, not the other way around. That was the key difference between Evolution and The Horsemen. Flair had Arn and Tully's back there, HHH only had one back. His own. I'm not even a HHH "hater" but again I'm looking at FACTS. Notice a theme here?

So really since day one Randy has been given the shaft, and when saying Day 1 I mean the start of Evolution and his horrible flop of a Face turn which we can blame mostly on the WWE creative team and how they handled him losing to the likes of yes, HHH three weeks after winning.

I'd say Triple H and Co buried "Randall" more THEN (04/05) then anything that has happened in 08/09.

What happened?

Randy Orton DID come back around. Now it took him a couple of years to gain the credibility back he once lost back but he did it. It wasn't easy but now they've seemed to have gone down the wrong path and make him Hunter's bitch yet again, changing absolutely nothing.

I'll steal a line from him and say his push now has seemingly become "Essentially...Worthless."

Yeah he won the title at Backlash in a TAG MATCH but that wont make up for everything that's been lost. Losing the biggest match of his career at WM 25 and in that embarassing fashion is something that will never leave the minds of fans. Once you go to the big show (Mania) let alone Main Event, it's going to be remembered forever. This will haunt him and ultimately hurt his full drawing potential.

I like Orton, he's got promise but he is being treated like a mid-carder who they want to play one giant practical joke on. Why spend there time and money on someone if you're going to make these decisions? Either the WWE is being run by complete morons or they get there kicks out of watching them destroy this man.

I know what they've done will effect him in the long run but they still have the time to do something about it. The question remains, with whatever they do, will that be enough to overwrite all the damage they've done. And they've done a whole hell of a lot, don't be mistaken. Time will tell, I doubt it though and I think they've wrecked him. He will never be what he potentially could of been because of the selfish/ignorant decisions made by this company.

Period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.