Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
fpalm

not even gonna get into this.

no good movie should ever be re-made really. that's about it. don't see why any films you didn't list that are good have any more claim to be re-made than the ones you did list. films just shouldn't be remade unless they were ruined in the first place.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
No good Movie should be remade to be honest ,could you picture any other actor playing Tony Montana or Frank Lucas etc.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Anything can be remade given the right time. The original scarface probably had people who didn't want to see it remade.

Eventually, everything can be remade to be reimagined. It'll seem now that certain things don't need to be remade, but someday they'll remake The Godfather, too.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Anything can be remade given the right time. The original scarface probably had people who didn't want to see it remade.

Eventually, everything can be remade to be reimagined. It'll seem now that certain things don't need to be remade, but someday they'll remake The Godfather, too.
can and need are two entirely different things.

of course you can remake anything, that's not the question. the question is is there a NEED to remake any movies?

and why would you NEED to remake something that worked the first time? what's the real motive behind it other than money?

and it's too bad they couldn't avoid the Scarface remake, then i wouldn't have to hear how awesome that incredibly overrated movie is.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Forrest Gump sucked the first time round so I wouldn't want to sit through it all again with a new makeup.

Remakes in general are just lazy and insulting when I have read so much good quality original material out there that no-one is taking a chance on.

Go to simply scripts.com and you'll see a fair few unsolicited scripts which could quite easily have been profitable, unique films.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
great remakes are needed, here are few to help change your mind.
Scarface (1983) Al Capone classic Scarface from 1932
The Departed (2006) Cantonese-language film Infernal Affairs
Cape Fear (1991) 1961 Cape Fear
john Carpenter’s The Thing (1982) 1951 film The Thing From Another World.
12 Monkeys (1995) - Based on the 1962 French short titled La jetée (The Pier)
The Fly (1986)
A Fistful of Dollars (1964) - A Fistful of Dollars is an unofficial remake of the Japanese film, Yojim

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
I think films that have charectors that have become so iconic are nearly impossible to remake, and most times shouldn't even be tried. Movies like Godfather,Terminator,indiana Jones and Star wars are movies like that, along with many others.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
The scene in Clerks 2 where Randall shares his views on the LOTR movies basically sums up my thoughts on them as well. Family Guy also did a thing about it where Chris asks why they didn't just ride the huge griffin bird thing that saved Gandolf all the way to the mountain and then just drop it in, something I have always wondered myself and that huge plot hole still infuriates me to this day.

The internet would implode if they officially announced a remake of the Star Wars franchise. I know I don't want to see it. There are far too many remakes these days as it is, we don't need more. I mean shit, the first Spider-Man movie came out 8 years ago and it's already getting a remake.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Isn't Star Wars a remake or at least heavily influenced by Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress? There are remakes that are on the level of or surpass the original material (The Fly especially comes to mind) and no remake is really going to hurt a film's legacy if it was truly great to begin with.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts