Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'd rather watch wrestling than 2 old women I know nothing about doing some stupid promo for 5 minutes in the ring, or the same raw ending I've seen before and before and before and before, and probably before......

Anyone here wanna fill me in on what's happening on TNA?

I watched for abit in 2005-2006(with Sting-Jarrett stuff) and abit again around 2010(when Hogan first came to TNA), though stopped in 2010 around time Hogan and whoever else was with him, teamed with Hardy and stuff, and Jeff Jarrett cut some boring mma training promo thing(first wrestling promo I can remember that I just stopped watching halfway(or I'm assuming that was only half of it) through).

Looking at the roster, I'm not a fan of any of the "knockouts"(only divas I like at this point are ones like AJ,Kaitlyn,Kharma), and the ones on the TNA roster I'm interested in are Styles,Roode,Daniels,Dinero,Angle,Maybe Storm and Kazarian, Flair, RVD, Joe and Sting. Others like Ray, Hardy, Anderson, Robbie E, Moore among others, I hate.

So what's going on in TNA right now, and based on the list of ppl I like and don't like, how much of TNA will I enjoy(I'm not gonna be watching it live,prob just on youtube or something)

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause I want opinions on people who've watched TNA for months/years that know what's going on to let me know if I'd enjoy it based on the stars and stuff I like/hate. It'd be faster just asking people then watching multiple 2 hour episodes to determine if I like what's going on or not.

·
Registered
380 Posts
MAIN STORYLINE- James Storm won the title after Bound for Glory last October and gave a shot to his tag team partner who just lost in his attempt to win at BFG. And during their match Roode hit Storm with a beer bottle thus screwing over his long time tag team partner to become champ. Ever since then Roode has been on a huge run mostly by getting cheap wins in most of his defenses.

Storm got to face Roode at Lockdown and lost because of he let his anger get the best of him when he kicked Roode through the cage door giving Roode the win. Storm went on a hiatus after that.

Now Storm is back and in the BFG series which is a playoff type format for 12 guys in TNA with every match being worth points. The BFG series will go on for 3 months and in the end the top 4 will then compete in a final playoff in the PPV before BFG. Storm will need to win this to get an opportunity to face whoever the champ is at BFG.

Other Storylines-

-Austin Aries has been the longest reigning X division champ of all time and has been dominating everyone he has faced. He now has an opportunity to drop that title for a chance at Roode for the TNA championship.

-Aybss has a problem where he has been being two different people. He has been acting as his brother Joesph Parks and also as Aybss.

-Sting just got chosen to be the 1st wrestler in the TNA hall of fame and was attacked by 3 unknown masked guys last week.

-AJ Styles and Dixie Carter have been accused of having an affair by chris daniels and Kazarian. Theyve had a few pictures and some video but it hasn't been that conclusive. Dixies husband punched AJ when he came into the ring.

-Every month there is a Open Fight Night where wrestlers get to come down to the ring and call out whoever they want. One belt is also defended every month on this show. Plus there is also a thing called gutcheck where a non TNA guy gets a match and if they impress they can get a TNA contract.

-I don't care or follow the Knockouts division. They are all just eye candy to me.

Those are the main things that hopefully give you an idea what is going on

Reactions: Alim and Evolution

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Concerning the ones you don't like:

- Shannon Moore is gone, won't return as an in-ring performer to wrestling
- Anderson and Hardy have no real storyines and are stuck in a #1 Contender's "feud" with RVD leading nowhere (but all of them participate in the BfG Series)
- Bully Ray is heavily featured and the only wrestler who appeared in any single episode in 2012. He's involved in the Abyss angle because he is the one who made Abyss "dissapear" in the first place
- Robbie is in a minor (and boring) but regularly featured program with his bouncer Robbie (a.K.a. Rob Terry), TV Champion Devon and the non talented son of Eric Bischoff

Additional info on the ones you like:
- AJ and Angle are Tag Team Champions and participate in the BfG Series (as do the Pope and Samoa Joe)
- Ric Flair is fired from TNA

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cause I want opinions on people who've watched TNA for months/years that know what's going on to let me know if I'd enjoy it based on the stars and stuff I like/hate. It'd be faster just asking people then watching multiple 2 hour episodes to determine if I like what's going on or not.
Watch the show . I find it stupid and kind of wack to go off what over people are think or have to say. Watch and from your own options it wrestling it not that hard to figure things out

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
The Sundance Kid
18,640 Posts
MAIN STORYLINE- James Storm won the title after Bound for Glory last October and gave a shot to his tag team partner who just lost in his attempt to win at BFG. And during their match Roode hit Storm with a beer bottle thus screwing over his long time tag team partner to become champ. Ever since then Roode has been on a huge run mostly by getting cheap wins in most of his defenses.

Storm got to face Roode at Lockdown and lost because of he let his anger get the best of him when he kicked Roode through the cage door giving Roode the win. Storm went on a hiatus after that.

Now Storm is back and in the BFG series which is a playoff type format for 12 guys in TNA with every match being worth points. The BFG series will go on for 3 months and in the end the top 4 will then compete in a final playoff in the PPV before BFG. Storm will need to win this to get an opportunity to face whoever the champ is at BFG.

Other Storylines-

-Austin Aries has been the longest reigning X division champ of all time and has been dominating everyone he has faced. He now has an opportunity to drop that title for a chance at Roode for the TNA championship.

-Aybss has a problem where he has been being two different people. He has been acting as his brother Joesph Parks and also as Aybss.

-Sting just got chosen to be the 1st wrestler in the TNA hall of fame and was attacked by 3 unknown masked guys last week.

-AJ Styles and Dixie Carter have been accused of having an affair by chris daniels and Kazarian. Theyve had a few pictures and some video but it hasn't been that conclusive. Dixies husband punched AJ when he came into the ring.

-Every month there is a Open Fight Night where wrestlers get to come down to the ring and call out whoever they want. One belt is also defended every month on this show. Plus there is also a thing called gutcheck where a non TNA guy gets a match and if they impress they can get a TNA contract.

-I don't care or follow the Knockouts division. They are all just eye candy to me.

Man, this post just shows how TNA has a wealth of active storylines going at the moment compared to the other wrestling show.

I'd second watching Slammiversary to get caught up. I thought it was just okay but a lot of people seemed to have really liked it.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Start by watching sacrifice + slammiversary and maybe lockdown's main event.

By the way, Bully Ray is awesome right now.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts

Other Storylines-

This!

Only thing I would add is, that Roode won the BFG series last year when he was babyface and still a part of Fortune and Beer Money, Storm supported him fully even though Kurt (who was the champ at the time) tried to sow the seeds of jealousy in Storm. It was almost 100% to everyone that Roode will be the next champ beating Angle at BFG in a dream come true storyline.

However Roode lost to Angle in a controversial fashion and Storm who was the runner up in BFG series got a title shot against Kurt and not Roode. Thats where Storm won the world title and then what DethDropLockSplash said happened.

·
Finally...
5,984 Posts
DethDropLockSplash said:

Other Storylines-

^^All of this + whats below :D
This!

Only thing I would add is, that Roode won the BFG series last year when he was babyface and still a part of Fortune and Beer Money, Storm supported him fully even though Kurt (who was the champ at the time) tried to sow the seeds of jealousy in Storm. It was almost 100% to everyone that Roode will be the next champ beating Angle at BFG in a dream come true storyline.

However Roode lost to Angle in a controversial fashion and Storm who was the runner up in BFG series got a title shot against Kurt and not Roode. Thats where Storm won the world title and then what DethDropLockSplash said happened.
Well all of this really isnt anything else to Impact Wrestling at the moment :)

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Man, I hate threads like this. i.e the 'tell me why I should watch TNA threads'.

Just watch and find out. The show has been good to very good for months now. Watch Sacrifice and Slammiversary (both very good), and you should be more or less up to steam.

Storm
Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
AJ + Angle
Daniels + Kaz

Or If anything, just watch for these guys.

TNA is without a shadow of a doubt the best wrestling program on TV right now, and has been since the start of the year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since no one mentioned the Knockouts, I'll add the following.

Main storyline:
Brooke Tessmacher recently had three non-title victories on Gail Kim (Longest running KO Champ.)
Fought Gail Kim for the title and lost at Sacrifce. Tessmacher won a four-way against Tara, Velvet Sky, and Mickie James to face Gail at Slammiversary. Brooke beats Gail and becomes the new KO Champ in her hometown of Texas.

Before the Fourway on Impact, Brooke Hogan gave Velvet Sky an opportunity to be in a country music video. As the four woman hug you could see an unhappy Mickie James reluctantly join in the celebration. During the four-way that Tessmacher won, You could see Mickie being unusually aggressive and almost heelish. She is yelling at the ref, shouting to the audience why she is the best after jumping on Velvet near the end. Plus After hitting Velvet with her spin kick to the face finisher. Screams at a Knocked out Velvet about how she won't take anymore opportunities away from her.

Madison Rayne for weeks has had a crush on a wrestler and has been distracted to help Gail Kim. So far it is down to either Devon, The Robbies, or Garret Bishoff.

Knockouts Tag Title: ODB and Eric Young(A man) a married couple who are the title holders and have comedy matches every other week.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
I'll have to add to the "just watch it" crowd.. Once upon a time TNA was awful with continuity. Storylines would just be dropped for no reason, 800 heel faces turns in two weeks, hogan and bischoff bastardizing everything.

But lately, in the past 3-4 months TNA have been on a roll I never seen them on since the Hogan and Bischoff era started.. The storylines actually continue, they do a decent job of bringing you up to speed on the broadcast without overworking it. The face/heel turns have slowed down tremendously and make sense sorta when they do happen..

I used to be a person who would check it out every once in a blue moon and see it was garbage and give up. Then I slowly started enjoying some stuff and became semi regularly watching. Then after TNA Lockdown I was hooked for good.. The product is just consistently better than WWE. Sure they fumble now and then but TNA has done something I've never seen them do before.. Fix mistakes when they happen. I think I've seen one really bad Impact in months and that was their first live show of the summer. Then they quickly followed it up with an awesome one seemingly correcting all the mistakes from the week before where as before they would have proceeded to run with the stuff people didn't like just because "they" were convinced it was good. (sorta how WWE operates now)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I got caught up right before Sacrifice and I have to say there's a lot of stuff to talk about. But to keep it short and sweet the most interesting ones are:
-Sting being attacked by 3 masked men last week
-Bound for Glory series
-Monthly Open Fight Night/Gut Check

·
Registered
234 Posts

Other Storylines-

Despite all the little things that get on my nerves that need changing/implementing, THIS is the reason why TNA > WWE.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts