Reasons why I stopped watching:
HBK retirement
No HHH to be found
Daniel Bryan Fired
Occupied with other things in my life

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Bryan returned in the SummerSlam main event on John Cena's team vs Nexus. He then won the US title, which he still holds.

Randy Orton won the WWE Championship again, which he still holds.

John Cena lost a match to Wade Barrett which forced him into Nexus. Cena has to do anything Barrett says or he gets fired. Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris were responsible for costing Cena the match, they were just added to Nexus this week.

Kaval won NXT season 2, but has been treated like an absolutely worthless jobber.

The Miz won the Money In The Bank contract, as did Kane. There was 1 for Raw and 1 for SmackDown. Kane used his and won the title, Miz is still holding it.

The Undertaker was buried alive by Kane, who won 3 PPV main events against Undertaker and still holds the World Heavyweight Championship.

Dolph Ziggler won the Intercontinental Championship, which he still holds.

Drew Mcintyre and Cody Rhodes won the Tag Team Championships, but subsequently lost them when Wade Barrett ordered John Cena to fight them at Bragging Rights with David Otunga as his partner. Cena did all the work, then the next night, Barrett forced Otunga to lay down for Gabriel and Slater in a tag team title match, making them the new champions.

Alberto Del Rio (Dos Caras Jr., unmasked, with a JBL/Million Dollar Man type gimmick) debuted on SmackDown! and made Rey Mysterio submit on his debut. He's already considered a top guy on SmackDown! and looks to be in line for a future World title reign. He's still fueding with Rey Mysterio.

That's about it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
well, then you missed Daniel Bryans great return at summerslam. that kinda sucks.

Nexus is doing its thing. Cena is in Nexus.
Kane and Taker don't like each other, and Taker is buried.
thats it. really, theres nothing else the product cares about right now that you need to know. its kinda sad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bryan returned in the SummerSlam main event on John Cena's team vs Nexus. He then won the US title, which he still holds. Cool, should watch Summerslam?

Randy Orton won the WWE Championship again. Yawn

John Cena lost a match to Wade Barrett which forced him into Nexus. Cena has to do anything Barrett says or he gets fired. Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris were responsible for costing Cena the match, they were just added to Nexus this week. Interesting

Kaval won NXT season 2, but has been treated like an absolutely worthless jobber. I seen him for a second while watching smackdown like 2 weeks ago

The Miz won the Money In The Bank contract, as did Kane. There was 1 for Raw and 1 for SmackDown. Kane used his and won the title, Miz is still holding it. Nice to see Kane get it, not sure if he can hold an exciting match, The Miz push was coming

The Undertaker was buried alive by Kane, who won 3 PPV main events against Undertaker and still holds the World Heavyweight Championship. WTF

Dolph Ziggler won the Intercontinental Championship. Yawn

Drew Mcintyre and Cody Rhodes won the Tag Team Championships, but subsequently lost them when Wade Barrett ordered John Cena to fight them at Bragging Rights with David Otunga as his partner. Cena did all the work, then the next night, Barrett forced Otunga to lay down for Gabriel and Slater in a tag team title match, making them the new champions. This Nexus thing sounds cool

Alberto Del Rio debuted on SmackDown! and made Rey Mysterio submit on his debut. He's already considered a top guy on SmackDown! and looks to be in line for a future World title reign. He's still fueding with Rey Mysterio. Never heard of this

That's about it.
Thanks bro. Comments are in bold

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Cool, should watch Summerslam?
Eh, just watch the main event. The rest of it sucked.

Amen.

Interesting
As far as Cena joining Nexus, yes. Couldn't care less about McGillicutty and Harris.

I seen him for a second while watching smackdown like 2 weeks ago
That's about all the tv time he's worth, a second.

Nice to see Kane get it, not sure if he can hold an exciting match, The Miz push was coming
Kane can't hold an exciting match, his reign has been bad as far as matches, promos and storyline goes. I'm excited about Miz's cash in.

Yeah, I know.

The backstory is that Kane put Taker into a vegetative state by ambushing him backstage. Taker came back but was weakened, so Kane easily crushed him in the first match. Paul Bearer returned and Taker got his powers back, but Bearer turned on Taker in the second match and Kane won. In the 3'rd match, Nexus interfered on Kane's behalf and Kane buried Taker. I guess it's building to Barrett vs Taker at WM.....maybe.

Agreed.

This Nexus thing sounds cool
Don't care about the tag titles, but I'd rather have Nexus hold them than Drew and Cody.

Never heard of this
You're in for a treat, Alberto Del Rio has been great.

Opening segment of ADR's debut:

Debut match of ADR:

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Also the tag-team division continuing to be treated like a joke. In addition to the Nexus BS we had Hart Dynasty win the belts, get new versions and then stop appearing on tv, finally lose them and enter into a break-up storyline, the end of the promising pairing of Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer, SES breaking up (Serina getting fired and Jeoy Mercury's injury had a lot to do with that of course) and no tv time for the Dudebusters in recent weeks apart from a comedy segment with The Big Show to help promte Bragging Rights

You're in for a treat, Alberto Del Rio has been great.

Opening segment of ADR's debut:

Debut match of ADR:

You've come round to Del Rio then? I seem to recall you were beginning to hate him based on his pre-debut vignettes.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
American Dragon's had great PPV matches against The Miz, The Miz and Morrison (triple threat submissions count anywhere) and Dolph Ziggler. They actually had a great rematch on the last Raw, and a pretty good one on the last SD, with Dragon going over in all of these. His Summerslam return was decent too, with him tapping out two guys and getting screwed for his elimination. He's a pretty big reason to watch.

Punk's now done commentary twice, which is highly interesting. As mentioned, Alberto Del Rio is tearing it up on Smackdown, and Kaval is losing every match but still showing his workrate.

There's a lot of bright spots, but the tag division sucks. Take what other posters have said about it with a pinch of salt, though- at least two more teams have probably broken up since they typed it.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Um, all of these summaries are great and all, but we've left out easily the most important development of the last few months.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I haven't watched since like, ohhh I don't know...Possibly last...September? I quit because I didn't get the old SD channel but now that we get it on SyFy I'm happy and watching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts