Wrestling Forum banner

Filet Rey

998 12
When was Rey Mysterio at his best?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
993 Posts
In his WCW run. Before his injuries and age added up (High flyers peak younger). He had real competition that could work a Lucha Libre style match.

· Registered
8,239 Posts
I'd probably say, either '96 or '97. He was having so many great matches against top talent like Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Jericho, Juvi.

He was doing things that had never been done before, and haven't been done since.

I'd say his 1st year in the WWE 2002, and '05 were pretty good years for Mysterio, too.

'09 was a great year for him, too.

· Registered
1,643 Posts
Well in-ring action, no doubt back in WCW, but he was most successful in 2006 where he won the world title for the first time.

He's still pretty exiting to watch though, one of the most talented guys in WWE.

· Mamba Mentality
25,641 Posts
Athletically he was probably at his best in 1996/1997 but I personally feel he has consistently been one of the best workers on TV from 1995 - present day.

In promos he hasn't always been that compelling, however, Rey is still one of the few superstars whose wrestling performances I can enjoy no matter how I feel about wrestling.

· Registered
7,396 Posts

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
From the start of his WWE career up until the knee injury in '06 or whenever it was.

Reys debut year was phenomenal, vs Kurt Angle at Summerslam and vs Matt Hardy (of all people) were absolutely brilliant matches and seriously showed off Mysterious lucha ability. I find Mysterio boring and a one trick pony now. But when he first entered WWE I was legit wowed by him in every match.

· Zombo
12,692 Posts
Athletically and match-wise, I have to agree with the above comments about his WCW days in the Cruiserweight division. Eddie, Jericho, Juvi, Psychosis, Malenko, etc stood out each and every week on Nitro.

In terms of when he was at his best, character-wise and in terms of being well-recognized and respected by the fans, that didn't come until the WWE days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.