Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROH's blow-off slugfest vs. PWG's blow-off slugfest...

Which one do you like more? Personally, I prefer Guerrilla Warfare slightly, and Steen vs. Super Dragon is better than any FWH match...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Eh, they're both the same stip (no countout/no DQ), but I'd say Fight Without Honor is definitely one of the best names for a feud-ending gimmick match.

Although, the Steen-Generico PWG Ladder War is my favorite match from either promotion.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
They're the same match but in terms of history of match quality then Guerilla Warfare. ROH have had a ton on matches under the same stips that weren't called Fight Without Honor though that were immense. Mostly Street Fights.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
It's tough to say in terms of match quality, but Guerilla Warfare probably edges it. Was the Steen/Generico ladder match a Guerilla warfare Ladder match, or just a ladder match? If it's the former I would say that's the best match in either promotion under either name.

I can think of a lot more GW matches than FWH matches right now that I liked more. There are some ROH matches I'm thinking of though that were great but I'm not sure they were under the FWH name.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was just a Ladder Match. Imagine Steen/Generico in a Guerrilla Warfare. It needs to happen this year, dammit...

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Danielson v Morishima FWH match is one of my favourites of all time so I would be inclined to go with FWH on this one.

Agree that Steen v Generico need go at it in a GW match, 5* gold!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Guerilla Warfare beats it, because I feel like FWH has been devalued a bit over the years. Every time I hear Guerilla Warfare I go "Oh...shit." and I haven't felt that about FWH in a long time.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
FWH, far more better matches.

Steen vs Dagon probably tops them all, but GW has a lot of matches that don't get close to a bunch of FWH's.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Guerilla warfare matches have to win out for me. They've retained the status of PWG's signature gimmick match and due to their scarcity seem like major events, unlike the fight without honour which has several comparable gimmick matches in RoH. I also agree that they've had proportionally more memorable moments than fights without honour. Lastly, it's just a fucking cool name for a match!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts