Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some missed opportunities?

I think a Raven vs. Sting feud could've been epic. Of course it would have to be a couple years ago, but Raven's mind games vs. Sting's silence would've been amazing. Culminate it in a cage match, classic.

Another one I think would be cool (even though it probably will happen) is James Storm vs Robert Roode. It would be like HHH vs. HBK. Personally, James Storm is my favorite of the two, but if they were booked to just straight up HATE eachother it would be so awesome.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Daniels and RVD.

Would be awesome to see Daniels go all serious on RVD 'high guy' persona, not unlike Punks feud with Hardy but with its obvious differences.

Daniels and Angle.

Do i need to say more?

Also i would have loved to have seen what would have happened with the whole TNA Gen Next thing with Aries, Shelley and Strong.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Tag Team:

Team Canada vs LAX. I don't remember these teams feuding.

X-Division:

Amazing Red vs Douglas Williams. The definition of X-Division vs the Anti-thesis.

World:

Plenty of them. Like a real Christian vs MEM feud, Joe ending Planet Jarrett instead of Sting just in time for the Angle feud, Sting putting over Styles for the title (instead of Styles getting the title earlier), etc.

KOs:

Hamada vs Kong

Flash vs... Well, just Flash being around longer.

Taylor vs Roxxi

Taylor vs Flash

Sarita vs Hamada

Rain (instead of "replacement Traci Brooks for Roode") vs Angelina Love

Oh god, there's way too many.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Single
Mr Anderson/Jeff Jerrett
AJ Styles/Rick Flair

Tag Teams
Teddy Hart and Jack Evans/The Motor City Machine Guns
Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin/The Motor City Machine Guns
Teddy Hart and Jack Evans/Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin

·
Registered
907 Posts
Raven/Sting ... either back in WCW ... or back in TNA (2003-2006) ... they can still do it, but it will never happen

·
Registered
60 Posts
They were planning on doing Jarrett V Eric Young last year before Jarrett's suspension, TNA built it up pretty well and it could have been the feud that finally made people take EY seriously, but instead they had to push Eric into the World Elite angle which kind of flopped.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Hall/Nash vs Team 3D. Would've been a crap match howver it still would've made for an interesting feud.

Hall/Nash vs MCMG.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Easiest one for me.

Heel Christopher Daniels/Face Sting. Seriously, the angle was right there at the time, and then TNA hotshot-ed it, and turned Daniels into Curry Man.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Hulk Hogan vs. Mick Foley

Always my first thought.

The two biggest stars in TNA who have never had a match together, nor they have they even been in the ring together (save for maybe one or two segments). TNA is sitting on one of the last big dream matches of the 90s/00s, and they did NOTHING with it.

Granted, Foley is banged up, Hogan is injured and old, and an actual match would be terrible. But TNA started airing those segments where Foley was looking for Hogan and trying to get a meeting with him, and it went nowhere. Can you imagine the promos alone, especially if Foley went all Cactus Jack and Hogan went a little Hollywood. Booked properly, it could have been an amazing feud, and given the right stipulation, including the right kind of run-ins, a 10-15 minute match could have been entertaining.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Hulk Hogan vs. Mick Foley

Always my first thought.

The two biggest stars in TNA who have never had a match together, nor they have they even been in the ring together (save for maybe one or two segments). TNA is sitting on one of the last big dream matches of the 90s/00s, and they did NOTHING with it.

Granted, Foley is banged up, Hogan is injured and old, and an actual match would be terrible. But TNA started airing those segments where Foley was looking for Hogan and trying to get a meeting with him, and it went nowhere. Can you imagine the promos alone, especially if Foley went all Cactus Jack and Hogan went a little Hollywood. Booked properly, it could have been an amazing feud, and given the right stipulation, including the right kind of run-ins, a 10-15 minute match could have been entertaining.
I agree completely, the match itself would be utter shit, but add some Nash/Hall run-ins as well as the return of Hollywood and it would be epic.

It looked like they were heading for Foley/Hogan early in 2010, but with Hogan's condition I don't know if he'll be able to go again.

Another one I would like to see is Mr. Anderson vs. Sting, with Anderson as a heel champ and Sting putting his career on the line....could be a great match.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sting/Jeff Hardy feud, if Sting re-signs it will happen though. I'm also surprised when Booker T was around they didn't do a Sting/Booker T match.

One feud they really should do is when either Hogan or Hardy turn face again, do a match between them. That would be huge. I also think TNA blew it not doing a Hogan/Nash/Hall six man tag match while Hall was around for the first half of 2010.

I also agree on Hogan/Foley, big marquee match. It wouldn't be a good match workrate wise at all but the storytelling would be fantastic.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
One of the sad things about TNA is that they had an opportunity to create something new with something old. While Sting was cutting promos on Hogan and working with (and against) Nash and the same cast of characters he has been since 1998...there were some fresh match ups and feuds TNA could have and should have gone with him. A Sting/Sabu feud would have been interesting and has never been done before. Sarita/Kong would have been awesome.

too many to name...this company loves dropping the ball. Red/Angle could have been very interesting had TNA actually want to create a star.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Stevie Richards vs Kazarian would have been cool to see during the whole EV2 vs Fortune thing. I think they have similar positions in their respective stables, and I think they could have some truly outstanding matches together.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Raven/Sting is the be all and end all of booking team blunders. If I had the authority, it would still be a priority booking. They could still better any prospective feud in TNA. The eventual match would be secondary, a minor detail in a program spanning a month or two.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Desmond Wolfe vs AJ Styles
Desmond Wolfe vs Samoa Joe
Desmond Wolfe vs Douglas Williams
AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy
AJ Styles vs Mr. Anderson
Matt Morgan vs Samoa Joe
Matt Morgan vs Mr. Anderson
Kurt Angle vs Amazing Red
Kurt Angle vs Douglas Williams