Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Hulk Hogan vs. Sting - This literally went NOWHERE. One of the most tedious, infuriating storylines in wrestling history.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Easy.

Brother Ray/Brother Devon
Kip James/BG James
Christian/Angle (when I say that, I mean Christian losing his Coalition to Angle).
Sojo Bolt/Kong
Team 3D + Johnny Devine/X-Division
Samoa Joe/Booker T
Robert Roode/Eric Young (when I say that, I mean it should not have gone as long as it did)
Homicide/Hernandez (World Elite being the cause of the death of LAX)
Orlando Jordan/Rob Terry
All of Eric Young's feuds in 2010
Rhino/A.J. (a shallow attempt at rekindling the intensity of the Christian/Rhino feud)
Jenna Morasca/Sharmell (remember, it was a built up feud that led to that... match)
Matt Morgan/Hernandez when they still had the tag titles ("WE ARE MATT MORGAN!")
Sonjay Dutt/Jay Lethal (under those circumstances)
Abyss/Styles, circa 2010
Kaz/BlackDust (Black Reign)
EV2/Fortune

And there's a lot where that came from.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Booker T vs that ref

·
Registered
416 Posts
Booker T vs that ref
You mean Shane Sewell?

That was a horrible feud that got Booker over, rather than the ref they were trying to get over. Plus, Shane was... an average wrestler, and had the charisma of a male Taylor Wilde.

Which takes us to another feud... this one is surprising.

Sarita/Wilde... but only because Sarita was heel and Taylor was a face. Sarita is a good heel, but she is also the best high flyer in the division, and should have stayed face. Why? Because she may have enough charismatic notes to be a face, unlike Taylor. People do not realize this, but it's hard to be a compelling face.

I think one of the biggest reason Wilde never gets super over as a face is because she shows too many hints of a completely obnoxious valley girl. She leans more towards the TBP side of the spectrum than Madison did when she first appeared. That, and she never appears enough times.

I feel that TNA should have gotten the roles reversed to create the best feud possible... because Taylor has too many deficiencies as a face, still.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Sarita/Wilde... but only because Sarita was heel and Taylor was a face. Sarita is a good heel, but she is also the best high flyer in the division, and should have stayed face. Why? Because she may have enough charismatic notes to be a face, unlike Taylor. People do not realize this, but it's hard to be a compelling face.

I think one of the biggest reason Wilde never gets super over as a face is because she shows too many hints of a completely obnoxious valley girl. She leans more towards the TBP side of the spectrum than Madison did when she first appeared. That, and she never appears enough times.

I feel that TNA should have gotten the roles reversed to create the best feud possible... because Taylor has too many deficiencies as a face, still.

You know what's really funny about this analysis?

In the indy circuits, Taylor's biggest rival was a completely obnoxious valley girl from Canada.

So what you are actually saying is that Taylor Wilde should transform into Tiana Ringer to take on Sarita.

Speaking of which... I miss Tiana Ringer. I wish she was the one who went to TNA and Shantelle (Taylor) retired.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Chris Harris/Black Reign.

Talk about dropping the ball. Harris stole the show at King of the Mountain. Had a good match with Christian. Then goes into a feud with a heel Goldust and loses all momentum.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Yes though in some situations perhaps moreso to the heel geared IWC. On average, it's not as pronounced among the general base I'd say.

She was appearing regulary during her championship run as well as when she was playing Laura's co-ed and didn't get over either of those times. I think Taylor's challenges are two-fold :

1.(& most) Needs to upgrade her mic skills
2. Perhaps unfairly, her initial run somewhat poisoned the well for her as a singles competitor.

Though she's got the general look for it, can't really say I see a notable resemblance to the BP in Taylor as a performer.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
As to the original question -

Bobby Lashley/Samoa Joe - No longterm benefit at all and wounded an already reeling Joe further.

Morasca/Sharmell - For obvious reasons.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Nash vs X division

Team 3d vs X Division

Nash vs Joe

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
The Shane Sewell thing was cool..I think the hulking up, attire and music really did hurt him though.

Lashley and Joe for sure.

There's plenty though

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Hogan vs ______
* Put in whatever you want. Not one of them turned out to be any good. (Like that's a surprise.)
EY and The Band
* Highlights TNA complete inability to plan at all.
Wilde and "Palin" (Daffney) vs TBP
* Went way too long and beyond competely stupid.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Abyss & anyone else from 08 forward
Shane Douglas & Chris Daniels
Hernandez & Matt Morgan
Any tag team vs. each other

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Last couple of years:

Nasty Boys/Team 3D
Brother Ray/Devon
Brother Ray/Jesse Neal
Team 3D/The Band
Eric Young/The Band
The Band/Ink Inc
Fortune/EV2
RVD/EV2
Dreamer/Rhino
Styles/Dreamer
Bobby Lashley/Scott Steiner
Bobby Lashley/Rhino
Morgan/Hardy
Taylor/Jordan
Abyss/Pope
ODB/Cody Deaner
Jenna/Sharmell
Daniels/Shane Douglas
Foley/Sting
Sting/Rhino
Booker T/Sewell
Bashir/Sewell
BG James/Kip James

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Oh God. I could name a ton. So many I will do them by year. I can't think of many bad feuds from 02 - 04 so I will just start with 05.

Dustin Rhodes/Raven
Robert Roode/Dustin Rhodes

Raven/Larry Zybysko (sp?)

Sting/Christopher Daniels (at least with Daniels getting squashed)
Team 3D/X-Division
Black Reign/Chris Harris
Abyss/Sting
Eric Young/Robert Roode

Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle (It should have happened but it was booked TERRIBLY

Black Reign/Kazarian
MEM/Frontline (again should have happened but was booked horribly)
Samoa Joe/anybody in his world title run
BG James/Kip James

Matt Morgan/Abyss
The Beautiful People/Taylor, Roxxi, and "Palin"
Shane Sewell/Booker T
Abyss/Stevie
Jenna/Sharmell

Abyss/Desmond Wolfe
Rob Terry/Orlando Jordan
Fortune/EV2
Brother Ray/Jesse Neal
Brother Ray/Brother Devon
Abyss/Pope
Madison Rayne/Tara (just because they are now friends)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts