Wrestling Forum banner

Female champion?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think WWE should have a female champion ever? We already had a female IC champ.
It would be a good storyline to have the first ever female world champion.

Before anyone complains about how unrealistic it would be, this is wrestling.
We have had old men as champions, non wrestlers as champions and magical zombies as champions. So how is a woman worse than that?

Yes I know in a shoot the woman would lose, but wrestling is not about who would win in a shoot, if it was we would have Big Show and Khali as champions while your hero CM Bitch jobs every match.

I suggest giving it to Kelly Kelly. She is more over than certain other champions we have had in the past.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Firstly, I think that if done properly, a Female champion could be believable. They would need to be a hell of a worker and be willing to work stiff.

Kelly Kelly would be broken in half if Hornswaggle touched her. She is a terrible idea.

However, in a straight up wrestling bout, 1v1, Kharma and Natalya could out-wrestle most men on the roster.

(That's not me saying that they should be world champion, I'm just saying that if the belt was about pure wrestling, a woman could technically stand a chance)

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
:lmao Kelly Kelly.

It would HAVE to be Kharma, there's no other way. That's the only way this could even have a PRAYER of working. Even at that, it's an incredibly risky move putting the world title on a woman. It would make the entire men's division look bad. And yes, wrestling is fake, but the Divas are not supposed to be able to compete with the men. An IC women's champion is not a big deal because the belt isn't taken seriously, and in fact, Chyna winning the IC title was pretty much the start of it's decline into total irrelevancy. To put the belt on a woman, a belt that's supposed to be carried by the top stars on a brand, very risky. And what do you get out of it? It has more potential to hurt, FAR more than the potential benefit, which it really wouldn't have any of.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason I say kelly kelly is because that, just with the men, it isnt always about the best worker getting pushed, its about the ones who have charisma and are the most over

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
the reason I say kelly kelly is because that, just with the men, it isnt always about the best worker getting pushed, its about the ones who have charisma and are the most over
Kelly Kelly can't even run the ropes... after what, 6 years?

I do agree with TL though, that Kharma could believably do it. People are already well vested in her character, and she had a brief, albeit, impressive showing in the Rumble. She's not afraid to get her hands dirty with the guys.

If she plowed through the Diva's Division, held the title for a considerable amount of time, cut a promo about being held back by her gender and wanting to expand and challenge herself... She could convincingly start out taking on guys like Gabriel, Kidd, and Ziggler. From there, it's an easy transition into guys like Miz, Kofi, and Truth. From there, all she needs is a feud with a superstar in Cena/Orton in which they try to go easy on her because she's a woman.

From that point, all Kharma has to do is take advantage of it and put him to shame.

I'm not saying put her toe to toe with Lesnar, but she could convincingly plow through the midcard to the upper-midcard scene.

With a slow-burn convincing build, people would have an interest in seeing just how far she could go.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
May be the end of the fanship as we know it.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
No, it's not about the best worker, but come on, you gotta have some kind of standard. Kelly Kelly winning the title would be as ridiculous as Hornswoggle doing it. It's not believable in the slightest possible sense. And when I say it's not believable, I don't mean "it's not believable" in the sense of it's a small male wrestler like Rey Mysterio, I mean, IT'S REALLY NOT BELIEVABLE. Period.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
No. I would rather see the women's title elevated to the same level of respect with competent female wrestlers who can actually work, cut compelling promos and make the division not just watchable, but a must-see part of the program.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
No, it's not about the best worker, but come on, you gotta have some kind of standard. Kelly Kelly winning the title would be as ridiculous as Hornswoggle doing it. It's not believable in the slightest possible sense. And when I say it's not believable, I don't mean "it's not believable" in the sense of it's a small male wrestler like Rey Mysterio, I mean, IT'S REALLY NOT BELIEVABLE. Period.
You wouldn't mark out for Lesnar vs KK in a fight to the death for the WWE Title?

No. I would rather see the women's title elevated to the same level of respect with competent female wrestlers who can actually work, cut compelling promos and make the division not just watchable, but a must-see part of the program.
If Kharma or anyone else held onto the butterfly or women's belt while she transcended the male roster, do you know how much prestige it would bring to the belt?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Kelly has no charisma. She's over because of her look nothing more.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Of Cause! I'd love to see Kelly Kelly end Undertakers wrestlemania streak at Wrestlemania 29 to regain her WWE Championship...

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
lol it's bad enough that all those idiots complain about "vanilla midgets" being world champions, imagin the shitstorm when a woman wins a heavyweiht title.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Until it happens in real sports, this will never happen, no buys.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
We have had female IC, Cruiserweight and Hardcore champions before....it did not kill those belts.
IC title is on Big Show.

Cruiserweight and Hardcore are discontinued.

Sorry?

I mean, I believe in your topic as much as I can, but your rationale is terrible.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Don't ever see it happening in the WWE, even with Kharma (but she would have the best shot at it)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Until it happens in real sports, this will never happen, no buys.
saggy titted men in their 50s dont win in real sports
celebrities dont win in real sports
magical zombies dont win in real sports

why wouldnt people buy it? they know wrestling is fake
people dont have a problem seeing women kick ass in TV shows or movies

1 - 20 of 71 Posts