Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If and when they ever do it, they need a few changes to separate it from male Gut Check:
1. A qualified female wrestler(Serena Deeb, Sara Del Ray, Nevaeh, etc.)
2. Occasional competitive matches where its a strong, 6 minute match that elavates the contestant. This is something male gut check is missing.
3. Different judges. Get 3 female judges instead of the usual Prichard, Taz, and Al Snow. And I don't mean any current female wrestlers. And I definitely don't mean Dixie Carter-Styles or Brooke Hogan. I mean REAL FEMALES with knowledge in wrestling. Get Jacqueline Moore, Ivory, Molly Holly, Medusa, Jazz, Dawn Marie, Lita. Make a 3 women combination out of them. Or maybe some other females.
If these changes were made for Knockout Gut Check, it could be a success like its male counterpart.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Good luck in getting lita in TNA.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
A female Gut Check would be interesting but it'll still be Prichard, Tazz & Al Snow.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
TNA will have female gutchecks.

So what is actually interesting in this thread is the idea of having a timed match. It could be interesting to have a 6 minutes match (for example), where a wrestler can be pinned in 30 secs but the match keeps going on...That would be something to explore.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
it may be this week. will find out tomorrow but there was a tweet from taeler hendrix that was either cryptic or coincidental.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A female Gut Check would be interesting but it'll still be Prichard, Tazz & Al Snow.
Well that's a shame. None of these guys seem to have any knowledge on female wrestling. and Taz of all people to choose the qualifications of a Knockout? Isn't this the same guy that came up with let the pigeons loose?
Seriously, they need to get female judges.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Does anyone really believe the judges actually do the hiring at gut check? I don't believe it for a minute. I think they pick someone for gut check male or female they already intend to hire that person and they go through all the hoops on air to create drama. Thats what I think, could be wrong though.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
TNA will have female gutchecks.

So what is actually interesting in this thread is the idea of having a timed match. It could be interesting to have a 6 minutes match (for example), where a wrestler can be pinned in 30 secs but the match keeps going on...That would be something to explore.
That's called an Iron man match. Most pin falls win right?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Does anyone really believe the judges actually do the hiring at gut check? I don't believe it for a minute. I think they pick someone for gut check male or female they already intend to hire that person and they go through all the hoops on air to create drama. Thats what I think, could be wrong though.
The Alex Silva choice was made last second in the middle of the ring.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
it may be this week. will find out tomorrow but there was a tweet from taeler hendrix that was either cryptic or coincidental.
Sweet. I like her

If and when they ever do it, they need a few changes to separate it from male Gut Check:
1. A qualified female wrestler(Serena Deeb, Sara Del Ray, Nevaeh, etc.)
2. Occasional competitive matches where its a strong, 6 minute match that elavates the contestant. This is something male gut check is missing.
3. Different judges. Get 3 female judges instead of the usual Prichard, Taz, and Al Snow. And I don't mean any current female wrestlers. And I definitely don't mean Dixie Carter-Styles or Brooke Hogan. I mean REAL FEMALES with knowledge in wrestling. Get Jacqueline Moore, Ivory, Molly Holly, Medusa, Jazz, Dawn Marie, Lita. Make a 3 women combination out of them. Or maybe some other females.
If these changes were made for Knockout Gut Check, it could be a success like its male counterpart.
First, Serena is still injuried and Del Ray wants to go to WWE because the KOW are there. Second, its still going to be the same guys as judges

·
Banned
307 Posts
The Tweet(s) ErrybodyTaps was referring to:

Taeler Hendrix (taeler_hendrix) on Twitter

Conversation One

Taeler Hendrix ‏@Taeler_Hendrix
fans of wrestling remember it takes guts to follow ur dreams & its much easier to sit on ur butt at home & dis those who do have guts...

David Lagana ‏@Lagana
@Taeler_Hendrix people need to walk a mile in someone's shoes...

@Lagana It's true many people need to walk in others shoes but the sad thing is they wouldn't last the mile. It's okay it makes u appreciate

Conversation Two:

Taeler Hendrix @Taeler_Hendrix
fans of wrestling remember it takes guts to follow ur dreams & its much easier to sit on ur butt at home & dis those who do have guts...

Troy Evers ‏@nmufred
@Taeler_Hendrix I hope you're in Orlando tomorrow night for Gut Check *crossing fingers*! If so, good luck!!

@nmufred Thank you thats so nice of you I appreciate it! I'd love the chance.

A couple of other Tweets...

First step's the hardest so lets get that one out of the way first! :)

#OVWrising @TNAGutCheck @TheBlossomTwins @JaminOlivencia @Ali_Vaez @EpiphanyWrestle @thejasonwayne @SilviOVWTV @IMPACTWRESTLING

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Okay so it's the blossom twins, olivencia, ali vaez, jason wayne and silvio to TNA
(just kidding :D)

Good list... just don't know wtf Epiphany is doing there, she's way too green.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
i would much rather an x division wrestler for gutcheck considering how thin it is right now

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Female gutcheck could be a very interesting concept if done properly. I love to see Mercedes Martinez on the show and see them try to intimidate her :lol

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
First, Serena is still injuried and Del Ray wants to go to WWE because the KOW are there. Second, its still going to be the same guys as judges
Source on SDR or assumption ?

The Tweet(s) ErrybodyTaps was referring to:

Taeler Hendrix (taeler_hendrix) on Twitter

Conversation One

David Lagana ‏@Lagana
@Taeler_Hendrix people need to walk a mile in someone's shoes...

@Lagana It's true many people need to walk in others shoes but the sad thing is they wouldn't last the mile. It's okay it makes u appreciate

Conversation Two:

Taeler Hendrix @Taeler_Hendrix

Troy Evers ‏@nmufred
@Taeler_Hendrix I hope you're in Orlando tomorrow night for Gut Check *crossing fingers*! If so, good luck!!

@nmufred Thank you thats so nice of you I appreciate it! I'd love the chance.

A couple of other Tweets...

First step's the hardest so lets get that one out of the way first! :)

#OVWrising @TNAGutCheck @TheBlossomTwins @JaminOlivencia @Ali_Vaez @EpiphanyWrestle @thejasonwayne @SilviOVWTV @IMPACTWRESTLING
She also mentioned on Sunday that this was a big week and possibly having her hair messed up by hairdresser ?! FWTW.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I agree on this part. They should have given Jacqueline the real contract she earned in kayfabe mode by Karen Jarrett. Ivory is a great choice and she would probably do it. Love her. Make Tara the third or... unpopular decision incoming... Traci Brooks. She has never been a good wrestler, but she is not a minor part in TNA history and the damn original Knockout.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Source on SDR or assumption ?

She also mentioned on Sunday that this was a big week and possibly having her hair messed up by hairdresser ?! FWTW.
It was an interview she did. I think its on Diva Dirt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts