Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 4 GB XBox 360 as I originally wanted it just for exclusives but I'm wanting to expand my library of XBox games because I really like it so I found a 250GB hard drive and was gonna get it but I don't wanna lose my current profile and what not so I'm looking at getting a flash drive and saving my current profile to it and just uploading it when I add the new hard drive but I've seen many times that Microsoft bans people for stuff and I obviously don't wanna get banned from XBox Live....

So would that be legal or not as I'd like to be sure ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
18,092 Posts
Highly doubt you could get banned for that. Can't see it violating any codes they have but I may be wrong./

Anyway can you even save a profile on a flash drive? I know there are certain kits you can get which basically helps transfer data over from one hard to another but never heard it done on a flash drive.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've got some flash drives that you can transfer your data on to, and if you're say...going to a friend's house you just plug it in and play on your profile as opposed to there's, so I'd assume you could just download your old profile onto the new hard drive but I'm not really sure if it's even legal because Microsoft can be a dick when it comes to the XBox, I've seen so many people get banned for such small things.

·
Premium Member
18,092 Posts
Yeah literally just heard of the kit so dunno if you can actually save the profile from the flash drive or if you would have to put it in each time.

Also if you can put a profile onto a flash drive and then insert that and play it without any problems on someone else's xbox then I don't see why you can't do the same with basically your own xbox. It's just a profile and you could probably do it without even signing into Live so yeah should be fine.

Edit

More Info is actually on the link Trigger posted and it seems you can use flash drives to transfer profiles. So Yeah if Xbox themselves are saying you can do it you will have 0 problems.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Storage/

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
If you want to transfer a profile over to a new console you can simply use the gamertag recovery feature, as long as you know the password you registered with. If you have the console connected to the internet you can pull it up and won't have to worry about using a flash drive etc to port it over.

Doing so will bring your account over, but all your save files will still be on the old console.

·
✔
21,668 Posts
when i got a new 360, i just put in a usb and transferred everything over through that. if you have games saved and stuff it obviously takes a while, but i had saved games and stuff. cant remember how much it added up to, probably a few gig.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
You can recover your profile on other xbox consoles, you'll be able to do the same if you switch the hard drive, all you need is an Xbox Live account

Edit: beaten to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts