Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of guys rumored to be leaving TNA.

Kurt Angle - It is a work and I am sure he will be back sometime soon in a big way.

Kevin Nash - He will put somebody over then be gone unless TNA gives him a raise.

Rhino - I am sure, for now, he's done since the EV2/Fortune thing is wrapped, but I PRAY he comes back soon (if he is released). I love him on TV. I want him back almost as much as I want Christopher Daniels back.

The rest of EV2 - They will stick around as singles stars when needed. Sabu will midcard, Dreamer MIGHT midcard and will be a road agent. Raven I hope sticks around backstage or as a manager but I know he will vanish once again for a while. Stevie will be an Xplosion regular. Foley will be no different.

Team 3D - They will put MCMG over, retire, then focus on their school. Ray will be an agent. I heard they might be singles stars but I hope not. One off appearances might be cool, though.

So what do all of you think will or maybe want to happen with these guys?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I don't give a shit about Rhino and Stevie. I would like to see nash and 3-d go to WWE for one last run where they can showcase the talents that made them superstars, and go out with some respect rather than treading water jumping from random angle to random angle like they have been the last couple years. They just dont fit with TNA's current direction, and wwe is big enough where they can give them something cool to do. I think they both have something left in the tank. Sabu I'd like to see just be incorporated into the midcard, he's always entertaining, same with raven. I'm about done with tommy, keep him backstage. Angle just re-signed for a year, so he's not going anywhere.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Id like to see EV2 stick around personally.. like em or not they havent had a bad match yet.

3D i hope they stick around.

Nash.. i think TNA doesnt need him, but hes cool to have around.

Rhyno aside from the other members of EV2 if he wants to leave. let him leave

Angle.. needs to stay off tv for a few months

·
Registered
19 Posts

Kurt Angle - It is a work and I am sure he will be back sometime soon in a big way.

Kevin Nash - He will put somebody over then be gone unless TNA gives him a raise.

Rhino - I am sure, for now, he's done since the EV2/Fortune thing is wrapped, but I PRAY he comes back soon (if he is released). I love him on TV. I want him back almost as much as I want Christopher Daniels back.

The rest of EV2 - They will stick around as singles stars when needed. Sabu will midcard, Dreamer MIGHT midcard and will be a road agent. Raven I hope sticks around backstage or as a manager but I know he will vanish once again for a while. Stevie will be an Xplosion regular. Foley will be no different.

Team 3D - They will put MCMG over, retire, then focus on their school. Ray will be an agent. I heard they might be singles stars but I hope not. One off appearances might be cool, though.

Angle is the only one that needs to stay around.

I don't mind if Nash stays, but he doesn't need to wrestle.

Dreamer & Co. can all go away and stay away.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
angle is a huge loss, but the guy probably is due for some time off he is getting up there in age. let the guy heal up take a vacation and come back energized for another 9-12 months if he wants too.
rhino - always very underrated always puts on a quality performance be nice to see him on tv still once in a while.
stevie has been ok and is a solid midcard guy.
raven and nash like someone else said would still be decent managers or agents if they choose to take them off the main roster. same could be said about foley and dreamer.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Angle needs to get seriously injured by Hardy ala bones broken which would put Hardy immensely over as a heel and by the time he returns (in 6 months hopefully) we already have a big feud coming up.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts

I couldn't care less about Angle. His Benoit/Guerrero/Flair tribute act got stale as fuck eight years ago and he's never really become a great worker in his own right. It won't damage TNA if he leaves.

Rhino, Nash and most of EV 2.0 can still work, so losing them will be a massive loss. Nash is one of the better workers in the company.

3D are still the best tag team in the world. If they're retiring, I'm happy for them, because so few wrestlers get the option. But they're still worth their place.

Without all these guys - Angle aside - TNA may as well shut up shop tomorrow. The 'originals' can't work the way the company needs them too for shit and the guys who can work that style get bitched about by the TNA 'hardcore' fanbase (the internet) far too much. The options are essentially stand still or move backwards. Losing these guys is a massive step backwards.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts

Kurt Angle is a guy who should be protected and should have been protected since coming in. Angle is getting up there in age and he has admited that his body isn't healing as fast as it once was. This is the guy who wrestled the most matches then anyone else while in WWE in the early 2000's. I hope Angle goes home for the holidays and relaxes and lets his body heal up. A Feburary return date would be good. I hope he sticks around and changes his style up, but that later isn't going to happen.

When it comes to Team 3D: I want them to stay. Both can still work and cut promos. The crowd still cares about them and they can keep up with teams like BMI, LAX, and MCMG so there is no reason for them to go. If I was TNA and Team 3D was going to retire, I wouldn't throw money at them to stay. They have done everything there is too do and maybe its good they are walking away now...while they still can walk.

Loved Nash in TNA. The promos and backstage segments and Papparazzi Productions stuff was all gold. Going to miss him but there is a time when unforunately everyone has to step aside. Nash being gone will hopefully allow some young blood to step up. I will miss Nash just like Team 3D, but everything good must come to an end and its 2010.

The chapter of the 90's must close by the end of this year. I don't want EV2 sticking around with the exception of Foley. Rhino and Richards would make GREAT veteran enhancement talent for rookies like Neal, Terry, Okada, and others. I wouldn't mind if Sabu made the occasional random appearance, but once again..its not the 90's.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Kurt Angle : Whatever, hes done it all and is getting old , and don't come back to WWE for your retirement glory either you traitor! But its in TNAs best interest to keep him.

Kevin Nash : Whatever , hes gotten real old anyway

Rhino : Whatever , GTFO

EV2 : GTFO PLEASE OH PLEASE GTFO!

Team 3D : Well , they have a point they have done everything there is to do , and they are getting old & cripple so let them go.

If all the people on this list get out it could be the beggining of a new age in TNA , similar to how the WWE is mostly being run by young new stars right now. It could be a great thing.

When they said it was going to be Abyss last match (Which apparently turned out to be a lie) I had thought though that he is a vital part of TNA , he is what keeps their hardcore shit going strong. He needs to stay at least.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
To be fair an ash tray is more interesting than Kaz.
Sadly, I agree. I root for Kaz, I really do, but he's just sickening on the mic. He's terrible. A.J has grown miles above on the mic and I expected Kaz to do the same but man is he bad. He's actually worse than Style's ever was. There's just nothing for Kaz at the moment. I'd rather watch Orlando Jordan. TNA got somethin there and I just can't put my finger on it with Jordan.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Kurt Angle Slammiversary 2011 is time to retire

Kevin Nash 2005 was time to retire

EV2.0 good luck in WWP

Team 3D One last match bye bye

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
EV2.0 was an awesome comeback into TNA while it lasted and the build to Hardcore Justice. Now they just need to go. I wasn't interested in the least bit of ways with Fortune VS EV2.0 and it was mainly due to the fact that I couldn't figure out why ECW was still involved in TNA angle and storylines. Fortune was red hot for about a week and now they are no better than jobbers who are lame. Fortune sucks alongside ECW, so hopefully TNA can book them better, but it's about time for ECW to hit the road.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Angle isn't retiring and if he did it would be a loss from a marketability standpoint especially. Angle was main eventing in the WWF during the height of it's popularity. As I've said before his matches are all spotfests now that make little sense so I could careless from a wrestling standpoint. If you've seen one Angle match in the last couple of years then you've seen them all.

The biggest loss among them will be Nash as he's had the highest rated segments in a few shows recently. But I don't really want to see him wrestling anymore unless he's putting guys over or something. On the mic he is still one of the best in TNA.

Rhino is great and underutilizied. Don't like Dreamer really. Richards is boring, but a solid talent. Sabu sucks. Raven is still very talented and useful especially outside of the ring.

I think the Dudleyz should put over MCMG if they are going to retire. The TNA tag team division is vastly overrated though. Besides MCMG & Beer Money the division is completely shit. 3D is easily the 3rd best team in the division and without them who are MCMG's gonna feud with? OJ&EY?? Ink Inc.?? fpalm

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
KURT ANGLE - Obviously, he'll be back in the TNA ring eventually, if not soon. He and A.J. Styles are back-and-forth as far as being the top wrestling talent in the world, in my view. If and when he decides to finally retire, no one can complain because he's given the business everything he had.

KEVIN NASH - He would probably be a better TV analyst than Taz is. But as an in-ring performer, I won't miss him. He hasn't lost that much, but then again he never really had much, either.

TEAM 3D - They can still go in the ring, so I'm kind of sad that they're apparently retiring. But, like Angle, they deserve to go out on their terms, and they deserve our appreciation for what they've give us fans over the years.

EV.2 - I was kinda hoping "Bound For Glory" would be their final hurrah.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts