Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to the Season Finale Of Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO and D.L Hugley made a valid point that I agree with Americans have either Fear or Hope. There is no in between.

See you can argue with big Language with Pessimists vs Optimists but for the sake of arguements and to broaded the points out ill stick with the simple fear vs hope.

Since After all I am Rationalist person (Yes I do believe in religion btw just only as guidance and not a way to ultimately decide everything) I believe in the Hope factor. With Fear you get NO WHERE. It's as simple as that. Religion Although it is a guidance factor first and foremost throughout the last 300-500+ years it has drawn death and especially fear in the minds of the weak minded. The Ten Commandments are based on fear. If you break one of them you have a clearer chance to go to hell. If that doesn't instill fear then I don't know what does. Now with things like "Believe in this, or you go to hell" or "If your gay you'll go to hell" the last 50 years alone religion has scared many people into submission. Whatever happened to Self Faith and having God Guide you only and you do the rest. Not god doing everything. These Evanglists have done a great job take people's money and scaring the shit out of people.

Now As I stated before Im a believer of Hope. After All Im a Rationist First. I have Faith in my beliefs BUT I believe that Science should be the factor in deciding what we do. Not the bible. The compass can get us were we want to go. Yea America was founded 400+ years ago based on Religious reason but were past that now. We are the #1 superpower by now we should be able to do our own things without worrying constantly about what god will think. Remember god does forgive and loves all in the end so Why not just make humanity better by using technology first hand without fear. Be rational.

In conclusion Im not trying to say change your beliefs or anything like that. Im just saying that the Concept of Fear and pessimistic P.O.Vs has taken over the nation and the world in general based on many factors. If your Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, or have any other religous beliefs don't think that You have to do things as stated based on fear cause you wanna go to heaven. Do whatever is Comfortable now. Help the Other person, Help yourself, Just don't become a total Bitch about everything. Whatever Bad things or "Sins" you actually commit in your life will actually be sorted out in the afterlife. That's why they have Limbo..

Just be Rational...It's that Easy.

N

·
0 Posts
I think you're a fag.

On a serious note, it makes no sense that there is no God. You live, you have a brain, so do I. Earth lives. It makes no sense that Earth and everything on Earth was created by gases and whatever was at the "Big Bang." I don't buy it. Earth seems too complex, as if something created it.

And there is the Bible, which backs up such belief. It makes the most logical sense, IMO, to abide by it. It also has some laws that most people agree on, such as no killing, no stealing, and not having an affair -- it's not as if the Bible was created for evil with those thoughts....

People call those who follow the Bible "close-minded." What do I say unto thee? (o) I say you're so open-minded that your brain fell out.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Consdiering all the shit I've done in my life (beat off nightly (one commandment), smoke weed/cigs and have tattoo's (two commandment), honor thy mother and father? SURE (three commandment...FLOOR!) I have a hard time thinkin that doing something stupids gonna send ya off to a fiery abyss! Yea, maybe there is a hell. But if it's fillin up with petty crimes, heaven's gonna be fucked! Cuz look at the world. 98% of us ain't no Charlie F'N Churches. So that whole "You'll burn, ya heathen" way of thinkin just doesn't seem right to me.

But I live a life to help others. I do things to help my friends, family, and in some instances, total strangers. Either through actions or through words. I may not be a saint, but if I was meant to be, I would. That's where my ideals differ a little. I think we're all emplaced a plan. From who/what/where I don't know. But I don't spend my existance contemplating that. I'm here, that's enough for me to go on. But way too many coincidental things have occured in front of these eye's to make me believe that some power is out there. That we're walking a path towards our own destinies. Sure, they all end in the same place. But we're individuals. We go thru similar things, some trivial, some more important. But at the heart of it all, we're one. Society's main goal is to pave out a tomorrow for future generations. What are destinies hold for us are the critical things needed to keep that a reality. Granted, we're blind to it, (Cuz ya don't know til the end...sometimes, not even then) so it's kinda hard to fathom, but I believe that to be the way.

In regards to Church/Religion/The Bible...I don't believe in'em. I believe there's something that created us, and I believe I owe that entity something for giving me a chance here. But that's it. My religion congregates in my head...every minute I breathe. Going to a building to sing man made psalms out of a man made book for a man made religion....well if you want that, where were you for Heavens Gate? The Bible's great...as a story. But look at the corruption in the world today. It's always been around. Who's to say the author in question wasn't under it's grasp when he wrote what "god told him"? We weren't there, we don't know. But these are also the same people that believed in witches and magic...and that the world was FLAT!!! Pedopholistic preists ain't the biggest monster hiding behind your cathedral doors...it's the ignorance of the past that is. (Just my opinion)

Death is needed. (The bible would have ya believe otherwise) That sums up why we have illnesses, murderers, and other plaguing things to detur us. But who's to say that one persons death won't result in triggering a chain of events that'll lead to something promising? Look at Christopher Reeves...his death is gonna lead to more research in parylization and stem cell research. Maybe not right now...but we don't know who was effected by his loss and how it'll change their mind set. Maybe the person who'll unlock the door to it never even contemplated a life in the science field. But because he was touched by the story enough, he felt it was his duty to do so and so on? Life's a little bigger than what lays infront of us.

My beliefs on the whole medical thing? If we weren't supposed to have the knowledge, we wouldn't. Our creator knew our fate the day we were spawned. Where we would lead ourselves to. After all, the world is his creation. I'm sure s/he/it would plan ahead. Ya know, since whatever it was was smart enough to know how to piece us together and all.

Which brings me to weed. LEGALIZE THE SHIT! Just like medicine. If we weren't meant to have it, it wouldn't be on the planet...now would it? (Don't start me on that temptation shit...because that whole theory is like a block of swiss cheese.)

But back to the topic. I put my trust into Fate. Everything happens for a reason, we only think we can change it. Yea, we have choices. But I'm pretty sure they've already been made well more in advance than when we processed the thought of'em. Just my take on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lmmfao... Timmy ur a bitch :eek:... Aww shit i sed it... yo for real, who gives a fuck bout ur life man??? U have a g/f, u gettin better at wrestling, and yea ur losing weight... (all thankz 2 the simon system lmao) dawg, just look at it this way, many other people will go 2 hell be4 u :p

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
th3_ic0n said:
Lmmfao... Timmy ur a bitch :eek:... Aww shit i sed it... yo for real, who gives a fuck bout ur life man??? U have a g/f, u gettin better at wrestling, and yea ur losing weight... (all thankz 2 the simon system lmao) dawg, just look at it this way, many other people will go 2 hell be4 u :p
you the fuck are you? do what BB says and STFU.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Shit...so much for January's NofM position!

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
He agree'd with the "I don't hate ya but yer an idiot" thing ya said.

Looks like he picked the right smiley! :lmao

1 - 18 of 18 Posts