Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you think it would be a good business move to put FCW on tv for every one

like a saturday morning show on Syfy or some thing

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
ECW and NXT both failed to survive on television, so it's pretty damn unlikely a third minor league show would succeed.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECW and NXT both failed to survive on television, so it's pretty damn unlikely a third minor league show would succeed.
nxt didn't fail it would still be on tv if sd hadn't moved [and doing a all divas season was a shitty idea]

and ECW only failed cause the wwe didn't give a shit

·
Registered
477 Posts
The problem with putting FCW on TV is most of the wrestlers are very green.Unless some veterans go down there to wrestle against the new guys, it'll be a disaster. Plus names and gimmicks change a lot, so that can get a bit confusing.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
FCW exists to get young wrestlers ready to be on national television. Putting it on National television would completely defeat the purpose of FCW.

Although you could argue that NXT has already done a pretty good job of that, considering they're already in a 4th season.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
yes please, i mean how else am i gonna watch the next wwe superstar in brad maddox wrestle??

get ready for shameless promoting

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with putting FCW on TV is most of the wrestlers are very green.Unless some veterans go down there to wrestle against the new guys, it'll be a disaster. Plus names and gimmicks change a lot, so that can get a bit confusing.
iam not saying put it on prime time but

what would be the harm in like wgn at 12 am on a Saturday?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I don't think they actually own FCW, wouldn't there be more to be invested into it if they were to show it on a national scale?

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I think WWE wants to keep some stuff they do on FCW with new talent secretive to the mass of wrestling fans. They want us to think their new when they debut on NXT or on Raw/Smackdown. Notice they make no mention of FCW when these guys come up to NXT. As good as FCW is from a wrestling standpoint WWE putting it on tv and promoting it doesn't seem likely at all.

If there is a WWE tv channel coming to television then it could possibly be on tv but that's the only chance it will ever be on tv.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I think WWE wants to keep some stuff they do on FCW with new talent secretive to the mass of wrestling fans. They want us to think their new when they debut on NXT or on Raw/Smackdown. Notice they make no mention of FCW when these guys come up to NXT. As good as FCW is from a wrestling standpoint WWE putting it on tv and promoting it doesn't seem likely at all.

If there is a WWE tv channel coming to television then it could possibly be on tv but that's the only chance it will ever be on tv.
Well they show footage from FCW.......Maybe they are afraid that FCW will get huge and take over:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
Should they put FCW on TV?

That.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Let's look at the problems with that:

1. Most of the guys are extrememely green and have no business on national tv. There've been a fair few guys with no wrestling experience whatsoever prior to signing their developmental contracts.

2. Gimmicks are yet to be finalised. Would it really be a good idea to expose a national audience to people like Duke Rotundo (Husky Harris), Joe Hennig (Michael MacGillicutty), Johnny Prime (Lucky Cannon), Tyson/Mr Tarver (Michael Tarver), Stu Sanders (Wade Barrett), Liviana (Maxine), etc.

3. The show looks terrible when compared to WWE's national broadcasting. The crowd for tv is frequently smaller than many indy shows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
FCW is on TV in Florida. the show kinda sucks but it's still watchable.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
FCW is WWE's developmental territory for a reason. You don't put guys who haven't developed enough on national television.

I love the promotion and the show they put on, but putting it on national television is a bad idea.

Not only because so many of the guys aren't ready to be seen on television, but also consider this. FCW is their own regional promotion. Because they're not on national television, WWE doesn't have to pay attention. As soon as you take FCW and put it on national television, WWE would immediately step in and run the show the way they want it, and push the guys they want pushed. There would be no experimentation, limited development; basically, a clamp would be put on the show, the wrestlers, and really, the promotion as a whole.

Any fan of FCW should logically not want that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts