Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the Friday, June 8th FCW "Summer Slamarama" house show in Punta Gorda.

If you've never been to an FCW show (I hadn't), a cool part is that the wrestlers who aren't wrestling that night work as ticket takers, ushers, etc. It was a nice casual way to meet some of them. Jiro took my ticket and Garrett Dylan showed me to my seat.

Results:

Briley Pierce (he REALLY looks like his brother in person) emceed some dance contest silliness that included wrestlers and audience members. CJ Parker and his partner (a boy of about 4 or 5) won.

Richie Steamboat over Bray Wyatt. This went like a lot of the Bray Wyatt squashes on TV, but Steamboat turned it around to get the victory. A good match but shorter than I would have liked, since these were two of the guys I really came to see.

Brad Maddox/Byron Saxton over Aiden English/Mike Dalton. Lots of over-the-top heel antics from Saxton and Maddox (including, of course, cheating to win).

Erick Rowan over Dante Dash. This was booked so Rowan dominated the match and got the victory, but he was unimpressive and dull, imho.

Jason Jordan over Leo Kruger. Kruger was the only wrestler on the card allowed to take the mike to generate some heat before his match. It worked. The crowd got behind Jordan who I must say impressed me way more here than on TV. Very athletic and high energy. Jordan won.

Carter + Graves retained the tag belts over CJ Parker and Kassius Ohno. No A.W. Not sure why the tag belts are on these guys, there doesn't seem to be anything special about them. Ohno and Parker worked very hard to get the crowd going, though I can't see Ohno making the main roster until he firms up his flabby mid-section.

After intermission there was a diva bikini contest. Apart from this and signing autographs, the divas had the night off (apparently getting them ready for their future career of not wrestling on Raw either). The entire FCW diva roster (all 6 of them) competed in the contest, emceed by Saxton. The fans cheered loudest for Audrey Marie but Saxton awarded the contest to Summer Rae, as a way of sucking up to the GM. He got attacked and de-pantsed by the other 5 divas for his troubles. Two observations - Paige goes to the same tanning salon as Sheamus, and Raquel Diaz got all her looks from her mother ('nuff said).

Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper (Brodie Lee). Love Ambrose, but he had to carry this match. Totally unimpressed with "Luke Harper". Regarding his gimmick, the best that I could figure is that he's supposed to be a homeless person. Ambrose sold everything like a champ, but I was disappointed to not see him in there with somebody better.

Main Event - Fatal 4 Way for FCW Title - Big E Langston, Bo Dallas, Rick Victor and Seth Rollins. Norman Smiley grabbed the mike and declared this an elimination match. This was definitely the match of the night. All 4 guys worked hard. Big E has a limited arsenal but his power moves can look quite impressive. Lots of twists, turns and high spots, ending with Rollins giving Big E the curb stomp on the ring steps that Big E had brought into the ring.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
hmmm cool was it in the new Fullsail University building?

·
Registered
241 Posts
some of these fcw names are horrible ... its sad when rybak jobbers have better names than your future stars ....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to ask Garrett Dylan (Jody Kristofferson) if he had chosen his FCW name himself or if it was thrust upon him. He said it was "Dusty's idea", and that he was happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts