Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a huge triple H mark and all 3 Wrestlemania matches have their good points but if I had to pick an undertaker match pre or post streak it would be Undertaker/Flair.

It had a bit of everything. Booger Red taking a bit of a kicking,Flair strutting around like a bloodsoaked cockatoo, Arn Anderson delivering the best spinebuster in the business and finally Undertaker stepping it up a level to get the win.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Man, HBK vs Taker at 25 isn't the only greatest Taker match at Wrestlemania but the greatest WM match PERIOD!!!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I'm a huge triple H mark and all 3 Wrestlemania matches have their good points but if I had to pick an undertaker match pre or post streak it would be Undertaker/Flair.

It had a bit of everything. Booger Red taking a bit of a kicking,Flair strutting around like a bloodsoaked cockatoo, Arn Anderson delivering the best spinebuster in the business and finally Undertaker stepping it up a level to get the win.
Hell yeah, love to see someone else recognising how good Taker vs. Flair was! When people talk about Wrestlemania 18, it goes- Hogan vs. Rock, and then how the Jericho vs. HHH suffered for having to follow Hogan vs. Rock. No one ever seems to give Taker vs. Flair love. It was probably Naitch's best match in his second WWE run, behind his retirement match against HBK. Total bloodbath, believably intense, and felt really personal, the old veteran trying to turn back the clock one time to stand up for himself, his family and his best friend.

The only mark against the match was Flair being unable to get up for the Last Ride, but JR does a great job covering for that, saying that Flair blocked it, but couldn't avoid the Tombstone. This was actually the first WM match to really mention the Streak, as I vividly remember Taker holding up 10 fingers post-match and King yelling, "He's 10-0, JR! 10-0!"

It might not be THE BEST of Undertaker's Mania matches, but it definitely deserves some love. A lot of people act like his WM matches were never any good until he faced Batista.

The best Undertaker Wrestlemania match ever has to be Undertaker vs. HBK, Wrestlemania 25. Because, in my opinion, it's the best match ever. Other matches might have more flips and jaw-dropping sequences, but nothing can compare to the gravitas of two of the GOATs battling on the Grandest Stage. A man who never lost against a man dubbed "Mr Wrestlemania".

Okay, I'm up early. Might as well put my wrestling nerd hat on and try and rank the Undertaker Wrestlemania matches. (It's 4:16 local time as I write this, buzzing like I'm on coke, but it's just Coca-Cola.)

1. Undertaker vs. HBK- Wrestlemania 25
2. Undertaker vs. HBK- Wrestlemania 26
3. Undertaker vs. Edge- Wrestlemania 24
4. Undertaker vs. Batista- Wrestlemania 23
5. Undertaker vs. Triple H- Wrestlemania 27
6. Undertaker vs. Ric Flair- Wrestlemania 18
7. Undertaker vs. CM Punk- Wrestlemania 29
8. Undertaker vs. Triple H- Wrestlemania 28
9. Undertaker vs. Triple H- Wrestlemania 17
10. Undertaker vs. Randy Orton- Wrestlemania 21
11. Undertaker vs. Kane- Wrestlemania 14
12. Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns- Wrestlemania 33
13. Undertaker vs. Mark Henry- Wrestlemania 22
14. Undertaker vs. Diesel- Wrestlemania 12
15. Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt- Wrestlemania 31
16. Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar- Wrestlemania 30
17. Undertaker vs. Kane- Wrestlemania 20
18. Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid- Wrestlemania 13
19. Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy- Wrestlemania 11
20. Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon- Wrestlemania 32
21. Undertaker vs. Jake Roberts- Wrestlemania 8
22. Undertaker vs. A-Train & Big Show- Wrestlemania 19
23. Undertaker vs. Big Bossman- Wrestlemania 15
24. Undertaker vs. John Cena- Wrestlemania 34
25. Undertaker vs. Jimmy Snuka- Wrestlemania 7
26. Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzalez- Wrestlemania 9
I can see a few of my placements being controversial. My point of view is that while the Undertaker has had some classic Hell In A Cell matches over the years, I don't believe any of them took place at Wrestlemania. I never really got the hype behind the End Of An Era match at Wrestlemania 28. To me, it's a really slow, plodding match with a lot of dialogue in it. Because it's an approach we don't often see, people cream themselves over the story-telling. While it's certainly unique, I feel like it was one of those matches where they try and force it to be an epic. Doesn't really work for me. Then, in more recent years, Taker was forced to trade holds with Shane F'N McMahon. I don't care how great shape Shane O Mac has gotten in, or how many Muay Thai classes he takes, I can't buy him as a threat to the motherflippin' Undertaker! And the Bossman HIAC was basically the worst one of that gimmick (besides maybe the CM Punk one in 2009).

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
WrestleMania 28 vs Triple H, with HBK as special ref. Should have been the last time we saw Taker and Michaels in a WWE ring (or match anyway), would have been the perfect ending.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,725 Posts
Mania 25 vs. HBK is my favourite.

I loved the buildup and the match is my all time favourite from mania matches that i've seen.

It's kinda funny that Evolution as a stable was one of the power stables in WWE, but all four of them succumbed to Taker at mania one point or another.

HHH 3 times.
Flair, Batista and Orton once. Taker is 6-0 against Evolution members lol.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Taker/HBK (first one)
Taker/Batista

Taker/Punk was a match where Punk worked hard while hurt and Taker no selling his finishers. It was pathetic.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts