Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question in the title excluding gimmick matches. whats your favourite straight duo v duo match. usually when someone talks about tag matches the tlc matches or any other gimmick matches get the mention. cant think of a match which is head and shoulder above any other tag team match.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just watched a very good match of Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard vs Sting/Dusty Rhodes. I'm not a huge tag team fan, and the finish sucked, but it's probably my favorite right now.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Edge/Christian vs. The Hardy's vs. The Dudleys- TLC Match for the World Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 17

The Mysterio/Edge vs. Angle/Benoit match at No Mercy to crown the first WWE Tag champs though is my favorite tag match WITHOUT a stipulation on it.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
11,224 Posts
Money Inc vs LOD at SummerSlam '92

I raged that Money Inc lost but it was still a fucking awesome match.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Pretty much anytime the Foundation and the Bulldogs got together. The match at MSG on September 23, 1985 was amazing and it's on the Allied Powers DVD. That is probably the best tag team match I have seen.

I second the LOD V Money Inc match at Summerslam 1992. LOD also has some great matches with The Steiners, Foundation and Freebirds.

The matches Rock & Sock had with New Age Outlaws in 1999 were fun as hell too.

Guilty pleasure match is Hogan & Savage V Andre & DiBiase at Summerslam 1988.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
The 2001 TV match where HHH had his quad destroyed. It was Stone Cold/HHH vs Chris Benoit/Jericho. Epic and very fast paced.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Money Inc vs LOD at SummerSlam '92

I raged that Money Inc lost but it was still a fucking awesome match.
Yeah, that's a solid match. It was the first WWF event I ever attended live. I was only 10 and was a huge LOD fan at the time. I was trying to start a chant but, sadly, nobody gave a fuck and I chanted alone.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
In WWE: Angle & Benoit vs. Edge & Mysterio (No Mercy 2002)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs Dudley Boyz vs Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian - SmackDown - TLC match for the World Tag Team Championships.

·
Registered
125 Posts
HHH and Austin vs Benoit and Jericho
Benoit and Angle vs Mysterio and Edge
Survivor Series Classic Tag team match 2003 (Team Austin vs Team Bischoff)
Rated RKO vs The Hardys Raw 2006

·
Registered
23 Posts
my favourite is summerslam 92 legion of doom vs money inc, helped mostly by the atmosphere of it being outdoors, jimmy hart on megaphone and legions entrance plus a decent match

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
People, read the OP, it says non gimmick matches :)

Angle/Benoit vs Edge/Mysterio No Mercy 2002
Austin/HHH vs Benoit/Jericho RAW 2001

1 - 17 of 17 Posts