Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I remember as a kid when Jumbo Video had a mini section dedicated to WWF tapes and it always stood out. There was some good artwork/design in that presentation. This is going way back. There's isn't a specific one for me.

·
Registered
344 Posts

You can't go wrong with the Road Warriors, altough i always wondered: Did Hawk actually use this face paint in the WWF? I thought he always only used the black and red one...

Did you guys know that Hogan worked for IWCCW? No? Me neither:

(Of course he didn't, amidst a ton of IWCCW matches, they just randomly slapped a Hogan vs. Bockwinkel match from the AWA on the tape)

And this one was already great:

Nice capture of Steamboat spitting Fire

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
View attachment 122017

You can't go wrong with the Road Warriors, altough i always wondered: Did Hawk actually use this face paint in the WWF? I thought he always only used the black and red one...

Did you guys know that Hogan worked for IWCCW? No? Me neither:

View attachment 122018
(Of course he didn't, amidst a ton of IWCCW matches, they just randomly slapped a Hogan vs. Bockwinkel match from the AWA on the tape)

And this one was already great:
View attachment 122019

View attachment 122020
Nice capture of Steamboat spitting Fire
92 Rumble has my vote

·
Mr. WrestleMania
I Lie Down for Absolutely Nobody
57,229 Posts
@Showstopper

Seeing the Wrestlemania 6 VHS on my brother's shelf in his room is what first attracted me to wrestling. Instantly hooked from that point forward. 🙂

The version we had looked like this:

View attachment 122022

It's one of the best for sure. SummerSlam 1997 is another great one. So glad I got to go to this show:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
This is my go to Survivor Series. I shake my head at what this event has become. Just another PPV where the only actual Survivor Series matches are based on teams feuding cause they are on different "brands".
Yeah this is probably my show overall. Jesse is in career top form exploding in outrage several times; and all the corny characters are there. No really great wrestling but the stories and pageantry is there.

It's hideous now. Why would self-centred Sasha Banks for example give a crap about defending her TV show's honour?

Why not just have the whole event elimination teams matches? It's unique and there's different things they can do with it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah this is probably my show overall. Jesse is in career top form exploding in outrage several times; and all the corny characters are there. No really great wrestling but the stories and pageantry is there.

It's hideous now. Why would self-centred Sasha Banks for example give a crap about defending her TV show's honour?

Why not just have the whole event elimination teams matches? It's unique and there's different things they can do with it.
Spot on. Survivor Series can be used to keep a feud going by having those that are actually feuding only in the ring with each other for 3-4 minutes and the anticipation of waiting to see them face off would be immense.

It can be used to start new feuds from what happened at Survivor Series (sneaky pinfall etc). You could even have an old school team member walk out like Bad News Brown used to do.

There are so many things that can be done with this unique PPV, it is just a massive waste.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts