Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,463 Posts
When he left.

Reactions: Chismo

· Registered
993 Posts
Probably some segment involving Jarrett, Eric Young or Bashir.

· Registered
993 Posts

· Registered
3,251 Posts
Can't argue with this. Cornette was a decent manager and all but doesn't change the reality that he's a bitter bastard.
I don't think Jimmy's bitter, he's just passionate about something he loves: professional wrestling, and he's been driven to the point of extreme rage as he see's the bigger promotions slowly destroy what it was that in his opinion made pro wrestling great.

Hell as far as the bigger promotions go they don't even think they're in the wrestling business and based on their recent television neither do I.

Plus having two major wrestling promotions chose Vince Russo over him when Jimmy perceives Russo as one of the foremost destroyers of common sense in professional wrestling certainly hasn't helped.

As for my favorite Cornette moment, I'd say hid debut promo on Impact to open the show in June 2006 was good and really put over the company and felt like the start of something new and special

· Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't think Jimmy's bitter, he's just passionate about something he loves: professional wrestling, and he's been driven to the point of extreme rage as he see's the bigger promotions slowly destroy what it was that in his opinion made pro wrestling great.
Hell as far as the bigger promotions go they don't even think they're in the wrestling business and based on their recent television neither do I.

Plus having two major wrestling promotions chose Vince Russo over him when Jimmy perceives Russo as one of the foremost destroyers of common sense in professional wrestling certainly hasn't helped.

As for my favorite Cornette moment, I'd say hid debut promo on Impact to open the show in June 2006 was good and really put over the company and felt like the start of something new and special
The same has happened to Paul Heyman who never liked the idea of sports entertainment but you don't see him complaining about all the big wrestling promotions.

· Registered
3,251 Posts
The same has happened to Paul Heyman who never liked the idea of sports entertainment but you don't see him complaining about all the big wrestling promotions.
Well when Paul E. first got out of his WWE contract and hooked up with Sun Sports he'd write about an article a month analyzing the WWE and TNA products.

The difference was though Heyman wasn't bringing his thoughts from a place of rage, he was just analyzing when WWE and TNA missed the mark or had the opportunity for a big moment and missed out but he also gave them props when they did something right, WWE more than TNA. With Cornette you have the feeling even if WWE or TNA hit the biggest home runs and had the wrestling world buzzing, he'd still shit on the product.

With Heyman, it just seems he's moved on as with Cornette it seems all he knows is pro wrestling and he can't move on.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
His confrontation with Angle, Christian and Sting, Impact after Sacrifice 2007.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Personally... I feel Jim is a genius when it comes to planning angles and behind the scenes, but as an on-air persona...well these days he just comes across very bland.

I did mark out for his TNA debut though and still love his shoot interviews.

· Registered
3,873 Posts
Jim Cornette wasn't going to work in the same place as Ed Ferrara because of the Oklahoma character Ed played. He got fired before Ferrara came in but if he was still around and Russo's friend came in, Cornette was leaving.

However, do note that Russo left Ed to dry, and the guy had a job teaching in Chicago or somewhere before he left for TNA.

· Registered
7,002 Posts
Cornette's whole life has been wrestling

The man has basically had no jobs outside of wrestling sense he around 16

If you devoted your whole life to something,seen the ups and the downs, and know everything about the business inside and out, how would you feel if the two major promotions were basically jokes compared to the industry you entered. I can see why he's better. Its like a man who got a degree in a field but keeps getting passed up by screw ups solely because they are young.

Try telling a man who has done something for 40 years that he is "out of touch" and should "find something else" and see how he responds to you telling him that his life's work is over

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.