Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name a type of match (eg. Tag team, ladder, hell in a cell, etc) and say your favourite match.

My favourite TLC match is a toss up between the three way tag team match at Wrestlemania 17 with Edge/Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys, and the women’s TLC match in 2018 with Becky Charlotte and Asuka

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'll go with favourite ladder match and I kind of have 2 answers one WWE one not WWE.

The WWE example is the 6-man ladder match to decide the first ever NXT North American Champion from Takeover New Orleans which was an amazingly fun chaotic match.

The not WWE example (and genuine favourite) is Beer Money vs Motor City Machine guns which I believe was on a TNA Impact show around 2010 (memory is hazy as shit) and it's mostly here cause of the ending as it's something that has stuck in my mind since as something I loved (plus the match itself was great it was part of a great best of five series between the 2 teams)

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
Favorite Steel Cage Match is the Lion's Den match between Ken Shamrock and Owen Hart. High workrate + a brutal and intimate environment = classic match. Usually gimmicky MMA stuff is lame on wrestling but the Lion's Den is my favorite version of the steel cage and I wish it'd return.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
Now that I got the smartass Punjabi Prison match answer out of my system, real answer:

Favorite battle royal is the 1992 Royal Rumble. Unbelievable story, the strongest cast of wrestlers in any battle royal ever, one of the best and strongest pushes of a relatively new character in WWE history, and the greatest night of announcing in wrestling history. It simply has no weaknesses.

EDIT: I went back through the list of participants. Look at this goddamn list:

Hall of famers: Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff, Big Boss Man, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Jimmy Snuka, Randy Savage, Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter, Texas Tornado

Non-hall of famers: British Bulldog, Jerry Sags, Haku, The Barbarian, Repo Man, Hercules, IRS, Undertaker, Berzerker, Virgil, Rick Martel, Skinner, Sid Justice, Warlord

Literally more than HALF of the field is already in the Hall of Fame, and a few more will definitely go in eventually (Undertaker, Rick Martel, Sid, British Bulldog). That's bonkers.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
best tlc was that one on raw where kane was by himself vs jericho and christian, jeff and rvd and dudleys

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Steel Cage - Bret Hart vs Owen Hart @ Summerslam '94
Ladder - RVD vs Eddie Guerrero on Raw
Hell in a Cell - Batista vs Triple H @ Vengeance '05
TLC - AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose @ TLC '16
Last Man Standing - Undertaker vs Batista @ Backlash '07

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,340 Posts
Now that I got the smartass Punjabi Prison match answer out of my system, real answer:

Favorite battle royal is the 1992 Royal Rumble. Unbelievable story, the strongest cast of wrestlers in any battle royal ever, one of the best and strongest pushes of a relatively new character in WWE history, and the greatest night of announcing in wrestling history. It simply has no weaknesses.

EDIT: I went back through the list of participants. Look at this goddamn list:

Hall of famers: Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff, Big Boss Man, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Jimmy Snuka, Randy Savage, Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter, Texas Tornado

Non-hall of famers: British Bulldog, Jerry Sags, Haku, The Barbarian, Texas Tornado, Repo Man, Hercules, IRS, Undertaker, Berzerker, Virgil, Rick Martel, Skinner, Sid Justice, Warlord

Literally more than HALF of the field is already in the Hall of Fame, and a few more will definitely go in eventually (Undertaker, Rick Martel, Sid, British Bulldog). That's bonkers.
That is one hell of a list.

Also: texas Tornado is in the Hall albeit with the rest of the Von Erichs, and Haku/Meng should be honestly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts