Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
granted im talking of the real knockouts division.. what we saw in 09 and late 2k10 with mickie james and tara

besides the point ive always known wrestling to be about the guys mainly.. i see no reason why the knockouts shouldnt be maineventing more shows... i still say tara vs mickie james is and was more interesting than anything morgans ever done in the ring

morgans yet to even have a match on the level of kong vs kim. same with anderson.

just an honest question...

also something to ponder on.. nothing else has seem to catch on for TNA.. why not focus on the knockouts?

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
The Knockouts should get more time but,

Pro Wrestling is a man's game when it comes to all promotions except for those specifically created for or by women. Therefore, a woman can be more over with the crowd, a better wrestler, or a better mic worker and still get held down. That being said, wrestling is also a big man's game so the same applies to smaller guys like the X-division guys.

I'd love to see an already proposed in this forum, X-division/Knockouts only show.

So there is no other reason, so no need to push the answer aside to try to figure out other reasons...there are none...it's politics.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I honestly believe that casual wrestling fans are not interested in seeing women wrestle for 20 minutes. Hell, I watch as much wrestling as I can (WWE, TNA, ROH, DG, DGUSA, etc.) and I still can't find myself interested.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Because most male wrestlers can do what most female wrestlers can do but usually twice as better. Sorry but its the truth.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because most male wrestlers can do what most female wrestlers can do but usually twice as better. Sorry but its the truth.
matt morgan nor ken anderson are on the level of a chris benoit (rip) or kurt angle

ive yet to see either guy have a really good match in TNA

gail kim as an example.. is a better wrestler.. WAY better than most of TNA & WWE wrestlers male or female

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
matt morgan nor ken anderson are on the level of a chris benoit (rip) or kurt angle

ive yet to see either guy have a really good match in TNA

gail kim as an example.. is a better wrestler.. WAY better than most of TNA & WWE wrestlers male or female
Well Matt Morgan and Ken Anderson I don't think have ever claimed to be great wrestlers. And from what I recall neither the WWE or TNA has ever pushed them as such.

Plus I wouldn't say its fair to compare bad male wrestlers to really good female wrestlers. Gail Kim vs AJ Styles would be a better comparison since they are both considered top notch within their own respective categories. But of course we all know AJ hands down blows Gail Kim out of the water.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Strength, speed, athleticism. Wrestling is basically live action comic books with, larger than life characters, combined with sports. There is nothing out of the ordinary if you built the company around women. it is nice for a change of pace once in a while, but any jerkoff could walk in off the street and mop the floor with 99% of the knockouts / Divas. Its not sports but there is definitely an important athletic element to wrestling, and my interest in a show featuring worse athletes than me is going to fade fast.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
granted im talking of the real knockouts division.. what we saw in 09 and late 2k10 with mickie james and tara

besides the point ive always known wrestling to be about the guys mainly.. i see no reason why the knockouts shouldnt be maineventing more shows... i still say tara vs mickie james is and was more interesting than anything morgans ever done in the ring

morgans yet to even have a match on the level of kong vs kim. same with anderson.

just an honest question...

also something to ponder on.. nothing else has seem to catch on for TNA.. why not focus on the knockouts?
They won't be allowed to shine on a regular basis. (Not unless Brooke or Jennifer Hogan became a Knockout.)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Actually, I sort of think they should get less time, or more time contained in only the one segment on every Impact. It would be so much ‘cleaner’ than we have now. The KO part of the show should always feature TBP.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Actually, I sort of think they should get less time, or more time contained in only the one segment on every Impact. It would be so much ‘cleaner’ than we have now. The KO part of the show should always feature TBP.
You mean like WWE does with Laycool? Don't like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts