Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many zombie movies. But there are certain ones which stand out.

My favorites are Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), The Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 and 3, Dawn of the Dead (2004) and Night of the Living Dead (1990).

There are certain other ones, like Day of the Dead (1985), Land of the Dead, and Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis. I saw these 3 movies, and they aren't bad. I wouldn't call them great, though.

The Dead (2010) is a good one. Burial Ground is an Italian movie, and very entertaining and memorable. Zombi 2 is Italian, and a pretty good one as well.

Zombie movies are so entertaining, it's tempting to just buy them all on DVD. But some are certainly better than others. What are your favorites?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Original Living Dead trilogy (Night/Dawn/Day)
Return of the Living Dead
Re-animator
Dr Butcher MD/Zombie Holocaust (cheesy as hell but I love it)
Pretty much anything Fulci, The Beyond is probably my favorite
Braindead/Dead Alive
Redneck Zombies (still one of the funniest movies I've seen because of the acting, but decent gore for such a low budget)

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Night of the living dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the living dead (original and remake)
Shaun of the dead
Zombieland
REC
Quarantine (American remake of REC)
28 days later
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Apocalypse

·
Mamba Mentality
26,020 Posts
Most of the best zombie movies have been listed. I'll shout out Stephen King's original Pet Sematary (1989).

George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (1968) is a classic horror film. A game-changer that has influenced filmmakers for over 5 decades. Romero's sequels Dawn of the Dead (1978) and Day of the Dead (1985) are also great. These original films have been remade, re-edited, and/or reanimated multiple times over. I like Tom Savini's Night of the Living Dead (1990).

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
3,939 Posts
Dig this, man:

White Zombie
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Plague of the Zombies
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Sugar Hill (1974)
Zombi 2
Return of the Living Dead
Re-Animator
Cemetery Man
Shaun of the Dead
source (14).gif

·
Premium Member
43,948 Posts
Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

1) Night of the Living Dead (original)
2) Dawn of the Dead (original)
3) Day of the Dead (original)
4) Night of the Living Dead (remake)
5) Dawn of the Dead (remake)
6) Train to Busan
7) 28 Days Later
8) Shaun of the Dead
9) Zombieland
10) Return of the Living Dead
11) Re-Animator (that counts, right?)
12) Pet Sematary (original)

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,079 Posts
1. The Serpent and the Rainbow
2. Return of the Living Dead
3. 28 Days Later
4. Braindead
5. Plague of the Zombies
6. Wyrmwood
7. Train to Busan
8. Night of the Creeps
9. Pet Sematary (1989)
10. Deathgasm

·
Registered
311 Posts
In the original promo interviews, Sam, Bruce and the others keep calling what eventually will be named "deadites" zombies... so

The Evil Dead.
One Cut of the Dead
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.
Night of the Living Dead
The NotLD remake fits better with Dawn, Day, and Land.

--Not really a big fan of the zombie comedies, Return otLD, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead may bring a smile here and there but One Cut and Scouts... had me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
  • Zombi
  • Romero trilogy
  • Dawn Of The Dead Remake
  • Shaun Of The Dead
  • Braindead
  • Return of the Living Dead trilogy
  • Pet Semetary
  • Night Of The Creeps
  • 28 Days Later
  • Re-Animator
  • Rec

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
If I had to pick 5 I guess i'd go with Dawn Of The Dead, Night Of The Living Dead, The Beyond, Zombie Flesh Eaters/Zombi 2 and Return Of The Living Dead 3. If Evil Dead counts then the first 2 absolutely have to go on that list.

Theres not many zombie films I dont like tbh. They arent exactly high art but they tend to be a very easy watch if you're just in the mood for some schlocky gore filled fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I wanted to chime in here again after seeing the OP mentioned Burial Ground..it reminded me of when I saw the cover various times in my local video store but never got a chance to rent. I finally saw this the other day on Prime and holy shit, this was a real gem. Just something about those Italian splatter-fests that are on another level. Loved it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
My top 5 would be.

1. Dawn of the Dead 2004
2. Train to Busan
3. Resident Evil - Afterlife
4. Rec
5. Resident Evil

Honourable mentions - Shaun of the dead, Rezort, Little Monsters, Doghouse, world war Z, Rec 2, 28 days later, 28 weeks later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts