Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you consider your favorite In Your House PPV, as well as your favorite In Your House match?

PPV: I really enjoyed Canadian Stampede in 1997 with the fun four match-card but I think i'll go with Bad Blood (also in 1997) as my favorite. The main event between HBK and Taker was fucking awesome and is probably the best HIAC of all time.

Match: I'd say Taker/Shawn at Bad Blood is the best. I love the way HBK sold for Taker, made him look like a legit monster. The match had so many cool spots as well

Other personal favorites include HBK/Mankind at Mindgames, Bulldog/Hart at Season Beatings, Rock/HHH at Fully Loaded, Austin/Dude Love at Over The Edge and Rock/Mankind at St.Valentines Day massacre in 1999.

·
Butter My Arse
11,758 Posts
Canadian Stampede is leagues above any other IYH I say. The 10 man tag was absolutely electric, not to mention a pretty damn solid undercard.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Canadian Stampede is leagues above any other IYH I say. The 10 man tag was absolutely electric, not to mention a pretty damn solid undercard.
An excellent event. There were other very good ones as well, though (always enjoyed the Unsanctioned match from the first No Way Out, HIAC 1 from Bad Blood, any of the other 1998-1999 IHY Events). Mind Games had a really awesome main event between Mankind and Shawn. But there were some real duds, for sure.

Hard to say just one...

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Canadian Stampede was the shit, that main event was INSANE.

I also liked International Incident in 1996 with HBK/Ahmed/Sid vs. Camp Cornette and still pissed Ultimate Warrior fucked up and got removed from the card.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Match, definitely Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Love how well Shawn Michaels worked with big guys, and it never looked like a typical underdog battle. Shawn would hit body slams, piledrivers, suplexes on guys like The Undertaker, Sid, Diesel and it looked perfectly natural. Just a testament to his greatness.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Canadian Stampede was the shit, that main event was INSANE.

I also liked International Incident in 1996 with HBK/Ahmed/Sid vs. Camp Cornette and still pissed Ultimate Warrior fucked up and got removed from the card.
Especially because he was supposed to face HBK at Summerslam.

On topic, I really like Canadian Stampede, but also Final Four. Great card as well, no dull match, and the main event was something else.

The first real hardcore match in WWE and never has there ever been someone bleeding in WWF like Vader that night. I truly felt bad for him. This was also Austins first main event, which proved he belongs in every main event from now on and Bret and Taker, the two top faces at that time, going at it was also special.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
1997 Canadian Stampede. The 10 man tag match from that pay per view was my favourite In Your House match.

·
Butter My Arse
11,758 Posts
My favourite match though is a tough one. It's between the HIAC and the 10 man tag, but I'll go for HIAC because of the intensity of the match and the sheer 'what the fuck!' moment with the debut of KANE.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
OP you hit the nail on the head, I re-watched the Canadian Stampede PPV not so long ago and I'd forgotten how epic it was. Then you have one of the all time classic pro-wrestling gimmick matches in HBK-Taker's HIAC match, gold.

·
Legend
1,355 Posts
PPV = Canadian Stampede
Match = Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, Badd Blood Hell in a Cell.
Undertaker v Hbk in the cell plus the debut of Kane really set the standard of that ppv and the cell match. It was a great match with mega main event

·
Legend
1,355 Posts
My favourite match though is a tough one. It's between the HIAC and the 10 man tag, but I'll go for HIAC because of the intensity of the match and the sheer 'what the fuck!' moment with the debut of KANE.
Kane debut was one of the best ever done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts