Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite WWE moments and matches

1235 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Rated_RKO_2009
I put a lot of thought into this list and here's my top 20 favorite matches/moments

I put in a brief reason as to why each moment got the placement they did

20) John Cena Vs Kurt Angle (Cena's debut match)

This was a shocking match for me, I didn't know who Cena was at the time because it was his first match, but it was impressive against Kurt and I thought that guy would go places in the WWE at that moment.

19) Brock Lesnar Vs Big Show (on smackdown, when Lesnar broke the ring)

This was a very epic match and had one of the most shocking endings ever when the ring broke as 800+ pounds hit that ring from the top rope. I would have given this a higher place if not for the lack of build up and neither men being very good at promos.

18) Hulk Hogan vs The Rock at wrestlemania (Hogan's returning match)

I marked out for this match and almost bought Wrestlemania tickets just to see this match. Sadly I couldn't get any. This match had amazing build up and I am a huge fan of Hogan, I followed him from WWE into WCW and back to WWE. This match was epic, I would rank it higher but the actual wrestling in the match wasn't great

17) Big Show vs John Cena (Mania for the U.S. title)

I marked for this match as well, when Cena lifted the Big Show up on his shoulders, I was speechless. When Lesnar did it I figured he could because he was a big guy, Cena looks a lot less big so I was insanely marking out when I saw him lift Big Show.

16) Cena wins the royal rumble on a injury return

This was a huge shocker for me. When Cena's music hit, I literally jumped out of my chair and screamed with joy. He goes on to win the Rumble that very night and I felt a tear in my eye. If I knew Cena was returning at the Rumble I would have gone.

15) Umaga vs John Cena (Umaga's undefeated streak and Cena's title on the line)

Me and two friends flew out to watch this match. We were all very excited to see the undefeated monster go up against one of our favorite wrestlers. The arena was awesome that night and when Cena ended the streak, I won 20 dollars from my friend who said Umaga would win.

14) Triple H vs Batista (at wrestlemania for Batista's first title win)

This match had such a good epic build up. The breakup of evolution and the rise of the Animal was on the way. Triple H put Batista over insanely and created one of my all time favorite characters, I love Batista and wish he would come back. The match was great and the build up was excellent.

13) Batista leaps Pujanbi prison

When Morrison does high flying leaps, I am less impressed because I know he can do those things. When Batista faced off against The Great Khali and leaped from one side of the cage to the other, I literally froze and thought, damn this 300+ pound guy just pulled a spiderman!

12) John Cena Vs Brock Lesnar (Cena's first title challenge at Backlash)

This was a exciting match for me and I knew Cena was going to lose but I still prayed he would win. The match was great and I love how Cena built the feud up with his rap leading into the match. This was Cena's first world title challenge so I was insanely excited. He was a heel at the time but I couldn't help but cheer for him!

11) Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate warrior (re-match in WCW at Halloween Havoc)

Now, a lot of people will disagree with me on this choice, and I will acknowledge this is more of a personal opinion on this one. I love both these superstars they are among my top five favorite stars of all time (Hogan, Warrior, Cena, Kurt Angle, and Mick Foley. Their 2nd clash was epicness, not nearly as epic as the first though.

10) Hulk Hogan slams Andre the Giant at wrestlemania

This is a instant classic, I have watched the match many times and Hogan's charisma and style in the ring easily makes up for the lack of moves. Hogan can sell a audience and work them like nobody else can. The pinnacle of this match of course was the slam and the big leg drop. The immovable object VS the unstoppable force! Worthy of making the top 10

9) The Debut of NWO in the WWE at No Way Out

This moment speaks for itself, the biggest draw in WCW makes their WWE debut

8) Wrestlemania fatal four-way, Triple H vs Rock vs Big Show vs Foley

The build up for this match was great with one Mcmahon backing each wrestler. I gotta say I wish Foley would have won and if he did, this would probably have made it into the top five. I cried when Foley was pinned.

7) John Cena defeats The Great Khali

Now a lot of people would say this match wasn't that great, however notice I say defeats, not the match. The fact WWE put Cena over this giant of a man was such a shocker to me and it had such a good hero triumphs over the monster feel to it. Khali was one of the most impressive guys in size at the time. He even beat Undertaker cleanly many times, and the fact Cena overcame this monster, I was at the edge of my seat and shouting HOLY SHIT!

6) Hogan defeats Triple H at backlash to once again become WWE champion

THE HULKSTER! THE IMMORTAL! Once again he's the champion even when he's that old he proves he can still carry a company. Thank you Hogan, I wish I could have given this moment a top five spot, but the others are just too good.

These top five choices I struggled with a lot on how to place them. They are very close and only separated by a slight difference. I love all five of these moments very much

5) John Cena retakes the title back from Edge

When Edge defeated John Cena for his first title run, I was very angry this was because Edge got the push by screwing over Matt Hardy. I was really pissed off at Edge when he rode the heat of stealing Matt's girl all the way into a title shot. Hence when Cena regained the title back, the joy I felt was almost indescribable

4) Kurt Angle wins his first WWF world title when he beats The Rock at No Mercy

Rikishi comes out and costs Rocky his title and Kurt delivers two olypmic slams to each of them. I remember this match like it was yesterday. I screamed so loud that my next door neighbour came over to ask if I was okay. I ran out and hugged him and said Kurt was champion!

3) Ultimate warrior makes his WCW debut

I will let the title speak for itself on this one. Warrior gives a promo only like warrior can give on his return and words cannot describe it. I cried, I screamed, I marked, and I lived again that day.

TOP 1 and 2 moments, I cannot decide which I like more so I will say they are tied

John Cena defeats JBL for his first ever title reign.

The markings of a new era, a return to the Hogan days. I felt like wrestling was going to get good again instead of being trash TV. I had renewed faith in the company. And I am happy to say, Cena has not disappointed me once.

Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan at wrestlemania

This moment was great because my parents took me to see it live. I was only about 10 years old at the time and I was the biggest fan of both of them. I watched in amazement at the tests of strengths between the two power houses and when Hogan lifted Warrior's hand at the end of the match. I thought life couldn't get much better than this...
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
7,850 Posts
4) Kurt Angle wins his first WWF world title when he beats The Rock at No Mercy

Rikishi comes out and costs Rocky his title and Kurt delivers two olypmic slams to each of them. I remember this match like it was yesterday. I screamed so loud that my next door neighbour came over to ask if I was okay. I ran out and hugged him and said Kurt was champion!
wtf :D

· Registered
72 Posts

If you've followed Rob's career from the very beginning, you'd understand how big of a moment it really is. Even if you didn't, it's still huge. I'm a huge RVD mark so this is just the personification of Wrestling, in my eyes.

· Registered
354 Posts
The attitude era was lost on you i suppose? Too much blood?

My favorite moment was when Hulk Hogan debuted in TNA. That menat we finally didnt have to see him in the WWE.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
:cool:

If you've followed Rob's career from the very beginning, you'd understand how big of a moment it really is. Even if you didn't, it's still huge. I'm a huge RVD mark so this is just the personification of Wrestling, in my eyes.
Got to love the "thank you edge" chants, considering how big a heel he was at the time :cool:

Favourite match ever is Austin-HHH at No Way Out 2001. The end of an amazing feud with a match that lived up to the hype.

· Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The attitude era was lost on you i suppose? Too much blood?

My favorite moment was when Hulk Hogan debuted in TNA. That menat we finally didnt have to see him in the WWE.
there is one moment from the attitude era in the list. But yes, for the most part attitude era was too violent, just look at Austin, his neck is in horrible shape. Too many injuries suffered during the attitude era.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
there is one moment from the attitude era in the list. But yes, for the most part attitude era was too violent, just look at Austin, his neck is in horrible shape. Too many injuries suffered during the attitude era.
Austin's neck was borked by a piledriver botch from Owen Hart, nothing in itself remotely linked to the era at the time. Other attitude highlights include Mick Foley winning the title on Raw, with DX and the Corporation at ringside.

· Banned
2,581 Posts
There are too many to think of all of them, but some that really stand out:

Jericho's debut - Instant impact.

Jericho-Michaels at WM19 - Pretty much all of their feuds/segments were great but their match at Wrestlemania was simply superb and very underrated.

Jericho-Benoit Ladder Match at Royal Rumble 2001 - Just an epic ladder match, the Walls of Jericho while on the ladder was awesome.

TLC at Wrestlemania 17 - Mid air spears from ladders, swanton bombs through tables, Lita stripping, Spike Dudley hitting beast mode...Match had everything.

Rock-Austin at Wrestlemania 17 - Great match with a huge twist at the end. Remember how emotionally involved I was with the WWE back then, with the Rock as my favourite wrestler, screaming at the TV when McMahon screwed him.

Hollywood Rock in Concert - Some of the most entertaining bits of live television you will ever see

· Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Austin's neck was borked by a piledriver botch from Owen Hart, nothing in itself remotely linked to the era at the time. Other attitude highlights include Mick Foley winning the title on Raw, with DX and the Corporation at ringside.
The era featured some of the most violent matches, unprotected chair shots (notice how you don't do that anymore? Yeah lots of concussions) and brutal schedules on wrestlers. Why haven't there been any major injuries in the PG era? Because the toll on bodies are much easier. Also piledrivers are banned in the WWE now, only Undertaker and Kane can still do the tombstone (which is a much safer version of the pull your ass up piledriver). The piledriver was part of the era of dangerous wrestling known as the attitude era, the same era that allowed The Rock to give Foley like 20 unprotected chair shots resulting in short term memory loss.

· KAMEHAMEHA!
31,588 Posts
I'll just post my 10 favourite WWE moments:

-Brock Lesnar ascends the Hell in a Cell after his victory over the Undertaker at No Mercy 2002.
-Shawn Michaels inadvertently wins the WWE Championship for John Cena at Backlash 2007.
-A bloodied John Cena lifts the WWE Championship after his brutal match with Umaga at Royal Rumble 2008.
-CM Punk cashes in on Jeff Hardy's dream at Extreme Rules 2009.
-Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit celebrate together at WrestleMania XX.
-Shawn Michaels defiantly slaps the Undertaker in the face at WrestleMania XXVI.
-Randy Orton punts Vince McMahon in the skull.
-A defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin limps out of WrestleMania 13.
-Edge blames John Cena for everything that has gone wrong in his life on Cutting Edge before Backlash 2009.
-"I'm not sorry, and I don't love you."

Probably.

· Registered
158 Posts
Iron Man Match HBK - B Hart at Wrestlemania
Hell in a Cell The Undertaker and M Foley
Kurt Angle - HBK at Wrestlemania
Hell in a cell The Undertaker - K Angle - S Cold - The Rock - Triple H and Rikishi
K Angle - The Rock and The Undertaker at vengance 02
The last match of HBK

· The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,100 Posts
13) Batista leaps Pujanbi prison

When Morrison does high flying leaps, I am less impressed because I know he can do those things. When Batista faced off against The Great Khali and leaped from one side of the cage to the other, I literally froze and thought, damn this 300+ pound guy just pulled a spiderman!
I stopped reading at this point. **Epic face palm**

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.