Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite Wrestlemania post-match celebrations?

2487 Views 28 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  killacamt
Last year at this time, we discussed the sexiest/funniest moments from Wrestlemanias past. But now...what are your favorite post-match celebrations that make you stand in awe?

One that definitely pops in my mind was Hulk Hogan's at Wrestlemania III in front of 93,173 fans at the Silverdome. Sure, there were other matches that night, but Hogan retaining the WWE championship belt at the end was the culmination.

Shawn Michaels after winning his first WWE title at Wrestlemania 12 reminds me of Natalie Portman receiving her Oscar last weekend after many, many years of hard work. At least being that she's pregnant, Natalie didn't arrive on the red carpet in an egg like Lady Gaga or coming down a zipline like Michaels.

Others include:
Chris Benoit with Eddie Guerrero (Wrestlemania XX)
Ultimate Warrior after claiming the WWE belt from Hogan (Wrestlemania VI, the first time they used pyro)
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Earl Hebner sharing a beer (Wrestlemania 15)
The Undertaker after ending Shawn Michaels' career while extending the streak to 18-0 (Wrestlemania XXVI)

Any others you remember?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
19,071 Posts
Bret Hart at Wrestlemania X. He finally got revenge against Yokozuna one year later by winning the WWF Championship back. All the faces on the roster coming out to celebrate with him afterwards made his Wrestlemania moment really special.

- Vic

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But last I checked, Michaels and Hunter wrestled to a draw at 'Mania XX. :p
Right, but Gorilla Monsoon didn't want to it end that way and ordered the one-hour Iron Man Match to go into overtime.

Another memorable WM post-match celebration: Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Muhammad Ali, Liberace, and Billy Martin from Wrestlemania I.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Benoit and Eddie.

· Registered
2 Posts
The more predictable pick for this would be Eddie and Chris. In my opinion the best Post-Wrestlemania celebration was when Austin turned himself to the darkside. WM 17 when Vince McMahon himself helped Stone Cold to beat The Rock for the title. Second to this was of course the Eddie and Chris in WMXX. Words can't describe the emotions that ran through MSG during that celebrations. Kind of a let down of what happened about 4 years later. Third would have to be Taker/HBK last year. They both gave it their all in the sequel to the classic they had the previous year. When Taker showed some remorse at the end put shivers into my body. Great match and a great goodbye to HBK's awesome career.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
Other than the obvious WM20 with Eddie and that guy(can't find the gif with eddie hugging the shadow figure lol). I liked the Rock-Hogan one at WM18. All the hype and everything into the match, then a great match, then afterwards it was a huge celebration(until the NWO came down) with the crowd going crazy.

· #WWELogic
4,340 Posts
For me it would be the following

Savage/Stamboat post match WM III
Savage/Warrior post match WM VII
HBK boyhood dream post match WM XII
"STONE COLD...STONE COLD" post match celbration WM XIV
Austin & McMahon post match drinks WM X-7
Rock/Hogan WM X8
Eddie & Benoit end of show celbration WM XX
HBK/Vince post match celbration with Vince giving HBK the bird WM 22
Ric Flair's final fairwell WM XXIV
HBK/Taker post match respect WM XXVI

Stay Frosty

· Registered
3,763 Posts
The Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit celebration at the end of XX, with the confetti coming up, hands down. As a wrestling fan, you could really feel the emotion that night. Benoit, really deserved the world championship and seeing him and Eddie, as champions, was epic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.