Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which are your favorite tv episodes from your fav shows?

Mine are:

My Screw Up (Scrubs) :I never gave much attention to sitcoms.But scrubs was different.And this episode proves that.The twist at the end was just awesome.

Company Man (Heroes) :Man,i loved Heroes during it's first season (it's sad what happend to it in the later seasons).This episode was different than the other episodes of this season.

The Constant (Lost) :Lost's my fav show of all time and Desmond's one my fav characters and this episode explains it why.This episode has it all-drama,action,adventure and good knows what not.

The Three Stories (House MD) :House MD may not be the best show but House's definitely one of the best characters.From start to finish this episode was like a treat.

The Walkabout (Lost) :Another Lost's epic.This was the show's just 4th episode,yet the episode made Lost one my fav shows (later ,the fav show).The ending gave me goosebumps when John was yelling "Dont Tell Me what I Cant Do".

Half Measures (Breaking Bad) :One of the very few shows that rival my love for Lost.The ending was a awesome holy shit moment.

Everyone's Waiting (Six Feet Under) :probably the best finale of all time!

·
Ramble On
11,084 Posts
I've tried to pick just one episode from each show that I love (probably forgetting some episodes).

The Wire: Late Editions (The penultimate episode of the whole show, it's in the weakest season, but the episode is just amazing. The best of the entire series and thats saying something.)

Battlestar Galactica: Daybreak part 2 (the finale of the show. Epic.)

Mad Men: The Wheel (beautiful I tell ya.)

Band Of Brothers: Points (Again, the finale of the show.)

Generation Kill: Bomb In The Garden (Yet again the finale, but this is my favorite episode of television EVER! Yes, I truly mean that.)

There are loads of other shows but I can't really remember individual epsiodes.

I love it when the finale delivers.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The Wire: Season 1 episode 10: The Cost (i'm still in season 2 though, so i have a lot left to watch) Great episode, the whole seasons builds up, and reaches a climax at the end of this episode.

Angel: Season 4 episode 15: Orpheus ( havent watched season 5 yet) I love faith as a character, and this episode is the pinnacle of how great Angel could be. This was the last proper episode of an arc that ran for 10 episode, with each one being brilliant.

NCIS: Season 7 episode 1: Truth or Consequence NCIS has a large number of great episode, mostly spanning from season 3 to 7. This episode is one of my favorite, just intense from start to finish.

Scrubs: My Screw up been mentioned, so My Lunch Scrubs started to decline from Season 4, but this episode in Season 5 is pretty much flawless.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
The Walkabout (Lost) :Another Lost's epic.This was the show's just 4th episode,yet the episode made Lost one my fav shows (later ,the fav show).The ending gave me goosebumps when John was yelling "Dont Tell Me what I Cant Do".
Probably my fave episode that I saw of Lost too. Locke was an amazing character.

Mine -

Breaking Bad - One Minute - An almost unbearably tense episode which cleverly subverts expectations all the way to the finish. I'm only halfway through season 4 though so this is subject to change.

Curb your Enthusiasm - Beloved Aunt - The kind of crudely hillarious storyline that only LD could come up with.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Hush - Amazing visual effects and a superbly written (mostly) silent script which still manages to compel throughout.

The Office (UK) - Training - The episode that shows most painfully and comically just how desperate Brent is to be popular.

The Office (US) - Fire - Funny power struggle between Ryan and Dwight with a classic final scene.

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
Just watched One Minute last night HH, agree with you on the tension. From the minute Hank gets the call to his agitated look I was crapping myself thinking how and where he was going to be attacked. Particularly loved the 1 second shot of two bald people going either side of the car before the image re-focuses and you see its two different people.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Just watched One Minute last night HH, agree with you on the tension. From the minute Hank gets the call to his agitated look I was crapping myself thinking how and where he was going to be attacked. Particularly loved the 1 second shot of two bald people going either side of the car before the image re-focuses and you see its two different people.
Same - it was like a scene from No Country for Old Men. I also loved the build up too - when he stepped in the elevator I was getting super tense thinking that some sort of ambush might take place there. It was also really cool the way they established a mood which made you think for certain that one thing was going to happen and then subverted it with the surprising phone call towards the end. Just an all round incredible forty five minutes of drama.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
The imagination land trilogy from South Park

Cartoon Wars also from south park, lol at the constant family guy putdowns from cartman.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
'That's My Dog' - Six Feet Under

The finale was an amazing episode, but That's My Dog is probably my favourite episode of anything, ever. Never before, or after, has a show yanked the rug out from under my feet and left me feeling like THAT about a character's plight. It was so out of tone for the series, and just took my breath away. The Wire, The Sopranos and Carnivale are programs I love more than SFU, but this episode stands out as maybe better than any one episode from any of those. An awe inspiring performance from the man who's more recognised as Dexter.

An honourable mention to the two-part finale of The Shield. Nothing across all types of media has crushed me as much as the end of the first part.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Season One Episode Four of The Walking Dead immediately comes to mind. Upon watching it again recently I've decided that it is one of my favorite single episodes of any show...ever.

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOST: Through The Looking Glass, Walkabout, Pilot, Long Con
South Park: Cartoon Wars, Scott Tenorman Must Die, Make Love Not Warcraft
Seinfeld: The Dinner Party, The Parking Garage, The Contest
The Simpsons: And Maggie Makes Three, You Only Move Twice, Homers Barbershop Quartet
Arrested Development: Pier Pressure, Good Grief, Afternoon Delight, For British Eyes Only
Community: Modern Warfare, Basic Rocket Science, A Fistful of Paintballs, Abeds Uncontrollable Christmas, Remedial Chaos Theory
Dexter: Hello Dexter Morgan, Hungry Man
Breaking Bad: Half Measures, Crawl Space
Modern Family: Great Expectations, Fizbo, Halloween

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Breaking Bad - Half Measures, One Minute, The Fly, Crawlspace

The Wire - Middle Ground. Show has tons of great episodes but this is the one that really stands out for me. The rooftop scene with Avon and Stringer is one of the best scenes of all time.

Lost - The Constant, Walkabout, Deus Ex Machina

Those are the only ones I can remember right now but there are loads more that I like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Curb Your enthusiasm: The Therapist
Arrested development: season 2 finale
its always sunny: the nightman cometh
wwe raw/smackdown: the episode with the 4 team tlc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts