Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle animated series. There is the 1987 original series, the 2003 series, the 2012 series, and the 2018 series.

My favorite is the original series. I also liked the 2003 series pretty well. It took me a while to get used to the 2012 series, because the animation is way different, but it started to grow on me. It also has nice backgrounds. I don't really like the 2018 series (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), it is just too different, the appearances, personalities, voice acting, etc, aren't like the Ninja Turtles. The show simply doesn't resemble the Ninja Turtles. It has the worst theme song imaginable. I think the 2018 series might be close to awful.

Which series is your favorite?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Most modern cartoons are cheaply animated shite, so 2018 is out. I’d personally go for 2003, followed by the original, then a sizeable gap to the next two. Was always stoked when they had Usagi Yojimbo make an appearance... :)

·
Premium Member
43,948 Posts
I have not seen the newest one at all.

My heart is with the original because that's what I grew up with, and it gets by on its humor and colorfulness to get around any limitations. The first five episodes (season 1) represents the show at its best to me and that's what I have the fondest memories of.

The 2003 series sank like a rock in later seasons. I didn't like Fast Forward or Back to the Sewer, but it was strong as fuck in the first 4 years or so. Very good stuff and adapted the comics material very well.

The first Nickelodeon show felt like a nice mix of everything in TMNT history with lots of references and tons of fun. It was never great to me, but it was a fun ride all the way through.

So with that, I'd probably say the first half of the 2003 series is my pick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts