Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
2001. Easily.

He was in his prime and that year was promo gold for him.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
2004. The year he retired. :side:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
For me, it's a tough choice between 1999 and 2000. 1999 was the year of the Corporate Champ, his feuds with Mankind and Austin, his brief encounter with Ministry Undertaker, and the beginning of his feud with HHH. 2000 was when his feud with HHH and the McMahon-Helmsley Faction really took off. Also had some memorable moments/matches with guys like Benoit and Angle. I'll give an edge to '99 since that's when he first began developing himself as a main event player.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I've seen some very cool things from 1999.

but 2000 was the year he was on top and face but more importantly still wrestled full time unlike 2001-2003.

hmmmm....I'm going with 1999, he had an Austin feud, a Mankind feud, some nice gimmick matches and I like seeing him before he was a big star.

·
Registered
118 Posts
he's been retired for years.why are people still making threads about him everyday?

rock had one good year as a heel, then he became a face and sucked more than hulk hogan. then he "upgraded" his career to making crappy hollywood movies.yey!

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
2000 for me I think. The Rock's feud with HHH was awesome and character wise he still had a lot of his awesome heel tendancies even though he was a babyface.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
When I was a kid my mum took me to Blackpool and bought me this huge stick of minty rock, not sure what year it was, but that would be my favourite.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he's been retired for years.why are people still making threads about him everyday?

rock had one good year as a heel, then he became a face and sucked more than hulk hogan. then he "upgraded" his career to making crappy hollywood movies.yey!
Just goes to show how influential he truly was. His gimmick was so simple, yet he made it so big. There will never be an entertainer as good as The Rock, not even Stone Cold. That is why we still talk about him.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Man... it's tough for me to choose between 2000 and 2001. I'm gonna have to go with 2000 because this is when he really rose to the top as a face.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
If someone can, please delete this post. LOL

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
[/QUOTE]he's been retired for years.why are people still making threads about him everyday?[/QUOTE]

Cause ppl know trolls can't win when it comes to The Rock.

·
Registered
340 Posts
99 (especially first half)
i didnt like him as much from 2000 onwards because he became corny although he still made it work tbf to him. i much prefer him as a non over the top heel from late 97-mid 99 that his over the top antics as a face

·
Banned
564 Posts
99-00 makes no difference. Maybe 00 takes it slightly though as he had no help from DX/Austin for the most part in terms of being the franchise guys, he legit helped guys in that year too, notice how Trips become a much better talker after he worked with the Rock in their title rivalry, helped Jericho/Benoit/Angle here and there also, but not too much that it didn't effect as the main man. Truly such a great worker who wasn't such a selfish douche, him and Jericho, really can't get many better all-round guys that are in the ME scene in the industry since I've been watching.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts