Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2004 (Miami)

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 66 70.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Surprisingly this time. Only because back then it was like "Shit the Rock's back" but now it appeals to the nostalgia. I had a lump in my throat the whole way through his segment. Shit was like watching Toy Sotry 3 lol. When he said "It doesent matter what you think!", alone in my house I slapped my leg and saID "Yes!" Despite probably liking it more back then, it did get to me this time on more levels. The addition of me literally seeing a picture of me pulling the peoples eyebrow with a rock t-shirt on when I was about 7 the day before, really made it connect with me. Its more of a personal reason with me.

Reactions: The Ice King

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
2011 for sure, that's my fave moment in WWE history now!

But 2001 was 2nd(was my fave moment for 10 years before rock returned this week)

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Watching all those returns, I just wonder how much better Rock's latest return would have been if JR were commentating it. I mean, Cole is so bad in comparison they muted him instead of letting him speak.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Watching all those returns, I just wonder how much better Rock's latest return would have been if JR were commentating it. I mean, Cole is so bad in comparison they muted him instead of letting him speak.
I honestly think the moment was better without a commentator overselling it.

We knew what the fuck was going on, we don't need someone ruining the moment.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm actually going to go with his early 2003 return as "Hollywood" Rock. It had his last (and probably will stay as his last) heel turn in the WWE. Two Rock concerts, which I actually found really entertaining. The Hogan/Rock II showdown at No Way Out had a decently fun lead up and gave Rock the chance to move back to Raw afterwords. As well as finally beating Steve Austin at a WrestleMania and ending their on-air battle with one another. Hell, his heel run that run even ended with the debut of Bill Goldberg.

The 2011 return was fun because it has been so long.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I honestly think the moment was better without a commentator overselling it.

We knew what the fuck was going on, we don't need someone ruining the moment.
That's what I initially thought but looking back at those videos, they were made that bit more special by JR. Would this return have been made EVEN better by JR? Who knows. Important thing is Rock is back! :D

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
I love the one in San Diego with Eugene because that's my home but I love this one too because he put his foot on the throat of those who run the PG era. I love how the commentators go quiet when he's on the mic....Jerry Lawler used to mark out but JR would mostly stay quiet. It's hilarious.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I remember watching the 2001 return, how epic it was at the time. The 2011 return was pretty damn good, his promo was epic and tough a lesson the some of the current roster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have voted 2011 also, as sayed earlier in the thread its the longest he has been away from the WWE for and what a pop from the crowd. It was unexpected, as i sat at home with my beer and munch i went mental lol, Totally took me back as i acted like a kid again. What a moment!
BTW 1st Post, GO ME :rolleyes:

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
I marked like Striker on heat

Reactions: IAmNotAJ

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
2011. so emotional. some of the others dont seem that great. divas search? talking about miami american football players and his neighbour?? maybe those times actually made him only want to come back if it was important.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think i prefered the Evolution one. The way he ran down the ring and started kicking ass was just awesome.

The 2011 one was great but in years to come it will be seen as just a speech. Like with Bret Harts recent return i bet nobody remembers what he said but what he did. It was a great to see him on RAW this week and was truely epic. But i prefer it when he returned in 2004. It didn't seem like he was going to at the time. It was a surprise. Where as obviously today with the internet leaking everything people had a good idea he was coming back or was at least thinking about it. If only he came out and rock bottomed Cena i think i would of been in heaven to be honest!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts