Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite heel runs from the past decade

2958 Views 40 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  MajinTrunks
There have been many many good heel runs in the past decade(10 years), I'm curious to hear what some of your guys' favorite heel runs have been in the past decade...here are a few of my favorites.

Triple H - The stuff that he did in the early 2000's with the McMahon-Helmsley era was amazing, and probably his best work in the WWE in my opinion.

Steve Austin - Steve Austin being apart of the Invasion angle was amazing. I feel that it really helped the company at this point to have Austin as they're tope heel...even though it can be argued that they could have given the spot to someone different, and maybe a little younger...but Austin brought a lot to the table with his unique style of wrestling and his hilarity that he would put into the gimmick.

Chris Jericho - Chris Jericho is one of the best wrestlers in the world in my opinion..he's amazing...his recent heel work is some of the best I've seen so far...I also feel like a lot of independent wrestlers and young guys in WWE can learn a lot from watching the way that jericho moves in the ring, and especially the way that he talks...everything that he does has meaning.

Batista - Batista's last heel run was soemthing that I thoroughly enjoyed...the whole deal where he always needed the spotlight on him...and they would dim the arena at his request and put the spotlight on him while he talked and cut his promo...it seems like Batista was really getting into the groove of things when he left.

There are many many many more people that I feel have had amazing heel runs in the past decade these are just a few and by NO MEANS are my top favorite heels of all time...so share...whats been your favorite heel work from the past decade?
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
7,857 Posts
Austin 2001: Partly i loved when he first turned and him and HHH were the top heel tag team. Im not a big fan of his whole i want the affection of Vince stuff with Angle. But i liked when he became a complete psycho path it was great he carried the Invasion angle.

Triple H 2000: Man what a run when the McMahon-Helmsly era ruled WWF he was the perfect heel and easily was at the prime of his carer. Plus his feud with Rocky is underrated in my opinion.

Edge 2005-2006: I loved the Rated R era him and Lita i guess were the modern day incarnation of HHH and Steph in away. His feud with Cena was great and i always got a kick out of the Edge promos from that era. It sucks they turned him face since his return.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
The only new one I've got to add is Triple H's 2003-05 run as the leader of Evolution. Seriously good work in this time period with some of the best rivalries and matches from the past decade. Also since all the Steph/Paul marriage stuff was out he was super over as a heel.

Other ones already mentioned.
- Kurt Angle 2000-05
- HHH 2000-01
- Austin 2001
- The Rock 2003
- JBL 2004-06
- Eddie 2005
- Edge 2005-07
- King Booker 2006-07
- Chris Jericho 2008-10
- CM Punk 2009-10 (New messiah angle)

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Randy Orton 08-09

I don't understand why people continually snub this character. At one point this character was the hottest thing in wrestling and that's not something that happens often with a heel.

· Registered
19 Posts
Hello. I'm a newbie here.

So, going on to the Topic. The best heels of the 00's.

Triple H- Oh! Hell yeah. He's the best heel of that decade. Making some remarkable statements, he's really better as a heel than a face, in my opinion. On his looks, he's better as a villain to the champions and he was really booed on that time. He is really noticed on the Triple H and Austin, Triple H and HBK rivalries. I like that rivalries and the delivery of the King of the Kings.

CM Punk - Probably, the best heel of the business right now. Since his heel turn on 2009 when he faced Jeff Hardy and cashed in his Money in the Bank, really, he might be the best heel of the new generation. With his straightedge persona, he used it as a gimmick to be the best heel. ;)

The Rock - Especially, when it is the time of his Hollywood time on WWE, 2003, in exact. I love that. But still, it is still better that Rocky must still be a face and an electrifying person of the entertainment.

Edge - Also the best villain for John Cena, when he was fighting for the WWE champion. Live sex celebration with Lita, getting Lita from Matt Hardy. Brutality of Edge at its finest. Still, even Edgey is a face or a heel, he's still great on picking up lines.

John Cena - Especially the Dr. of Thuganomics time in 2003, it is cool though. I hate it right now, Cena must be a heel again. It might be an awesome one.

That's it for me. ;)

· Registered
992 Posts
The very best unintentional heel is John Cena.....the last couple years and now.

I mentioned on the Regal thread that I enjoyed his mic work as the 'evil brit'. That little wipe of his feet on the apron and the arrogant wave to the crowd was brill.

My fave heel of all-time (I've watched since 1999) was the JBL run with Cena. The most believable heel run imo. Hated the guys guts!

I quite like Kane on a heel run though (plays a perfect monster) and have heard good things about Taker being a heel in the late 90's.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
Vickie Guerrero - smarks were crazed and incensed from the second she had an on-screen relationship with edge, on other boards people were even crying how it was 'disrespectful to eddie' that she has an onscreen boyfriend lol. mega heat with just two words. but eventually you have to move on, or it all becomes stale. i think we may not see much of vickie for a while.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Randy Orton 08-09

I don't understand why people continually snub this character. At one point this character was the hottest thing in wrestling and that's not something that happens often with a heel.
People do not snub that period in time for Randy Orton at all and everyone i have ever seen post regarding Randy Orton in between his return in late 2008 and WrestleMania 25 has said that he was the hottest star in wrestling. It was after he was buried by Triple H at WrestleMania 25 that he went bakwards and then after winning the WWE title he was then basically buried by Batista until Batista was injured and then played hot potato with John Cena over the WWE title.

On topic though and i would say Triple H in 2000-2001, The Rock in 2003, Edge 2005-2007, Shawn Michaels brief heel run whilst feuding with Hulk Hogan in 2005, Randy Orton 2008-2009 and Chris Jericho 2008-2010 with CM Punk 2009-present day as well.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I really liked HBK's shortlived heel run against Hulk Hogan in 2005. It reminded me of all the reasons I liked HBK to begin with. I also liked Brock Lesnar's return to being a heel in mid 2003; the way he seemed to relish the violence was incredible. He looked like a genuine beast!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.