Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Day of Defeat Source for me.

Played the original too back in the day, and I'll give honourable mentions to BF1942 and COD 2, which were also great games.

But Day of Defeat Source is probably the game I have played the most of.

Almost always on an Avalanche 24/7 Server, but occasionally venturing elsewhere.

I tend to suck at computer games, and DOD was no exception, however, I just played so much of this for such a long time that I became stupidly good at this game. Only as an German rifleman, and only on Avalanche, but I could easily take on 4-5 people at a time in shoot outs and head shot them all one by one ducking and weaving out of cover.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
not my favourite ever but I will say that alien isolation was the last FPS shooter that gave me the feeling I used to get from games. Just a great game all round really (even if the 2nd half feels somewhat tacked on and lackluster).

honestly feel like that game was the closing chapter to me enjoying games like I used to. I would love to bring back the days where playing video games got me excited and mostly pleased me beyond all else.......as they say, the older you get the more you want things that can't be bought.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Offline - has to be Halo, so many consistently good stories and memorable moments.

Online - has to be Call of Duty 4 for me - I put ridiculous amounts of hours into this with friends. We'd end up in a ranked lobby for hours at a time. There has been nothing like it since. The closest I can say was Titanfall 1&2 which were so smooth to play. They are the only 3 FPS I put any amount of time into really, I get so bored with anything else.

·
Registered
613 Posts
For nostalgia purposes Golden eye.

For in game I loved red orchestra 2. That game had an enjoyable multiplayer. The battle for stalingrad campaign had me hooked.

Also forgot about resistance games. But had a blast playing co op with my brother. Glad you guys mentioned it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Did anyone mention counterstrike here? I barely played that game but I swear the amount of people who skipped class to play that game at the computer cafes was enormous. Classes were literally half empty at times lol. I still remember one of the teachers walking in to the computer cafe and telling the students that they would talk to their parents. Was hilarious.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Did anyone mention counterstrike here? I barely played that game but I swear the amount of people who skipped class to play that game at the computer cafes was enormous. Classes were literally half empty at times lol. I still remember one of the teachers walking in to the computer cafe and telling the students that they would talk to their parents. Was hilarious.

Legit was coming in to say CS lol

CS played a big part of my life as a kid. It’s the only FPS I ever really got into:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Offline - has to be Halo, so many consistently good stories and memorable moments.

Online - has to be Call of Duty 4 for me - I put ridiculous amounts of hours into this with friends. We'd end up in a ranked lobby for hours at a time. There has been nothing like it since. The closest I can say was Titanfall 1&2 which were so smooth to play. They are the only 3 FPS I put any amount of time into really, I get so bored with anything else.
think I clocked up around 3 weeks worth of playing time on COD 4, my friends had more than that. Just incredible to me that I spent the best part of a month of my life playing that game.

think COD 4 got an extended life purely because many people didnt like the idea of going back to WW2 in WAW so just stuck with modern warfare for another year.

I still think its a total joke that activision thought it was perfectly ok to charge the same amount for the map pack in the remastered edition despite the game being a decade old plus adding in micro transactions. Money grabbing bunch of bastards.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Half-Life 2 - because of the story and atmosphere.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt - Good campaign and fun multiplayer.

Doom 2 - Killing Demons and collecting keys.

Halo: CE - Story,Offline Multiplayer and Legendary mode.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts