Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,110 Posts
Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty was basically the peak of my Gaming enjoyment. It's sadly declined in quality over the years, but when it was on form, it was really on form.

I'd also squeeze Halo 3 in here if I could, as well. Mostly for the Custom games. I spent hundreds of hours playing those with people from all over the world. It really gave me a lot of great memories.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
goldeneye, its aged poorly and Im sure anyone picking it up in 2019 would struggle to understand why anyone would put it above just about any other FPS out there.....but it was great at the time and my nostalgia plays a big part in that love for the game. The N64 in general is something I would love to experience for the first time again. It was just the most amazing thing for me.

second I would say call of duty 4, sunk so many hours into that game with friends so therefore the memories surrounding that game makes it so much better. It was just a huge laugh. Again COD is very tired now but at the time it was just the best thing ever.

Reactions: nWo4Lyfe420

·
Registered
380 Posts
Black ops 1 and 2. I used to play that game for hours with my friends on hijacked and nuketown.

return to castle Wolfenstein enemy territory is another one It's probably not that well known but it was a mmofps that I played in the early to mid 2000's. Was so much fun and is still active today

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
FPS is my favorite genre, and I've played them for many years.

The best ones I've played? The original Halo, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, SWAT 4, GoldenEye 007, and Unreal Tournament, are definitely the ones that absolutely stand-out.

Rainbow Six Vegas, in particular. It is tactical, tense, and with good AI. You have to think beforehand, and use team tactics, in order to win.

Left 4 Dead speaks for itself. One of the best video games ever.

Other good FPS's are Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Far Cry 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Doom 3, and Bioshock.
Repped for SWAT 4 mention. That game is so underrated and no one ever talks about it.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
goldeneye, its aged poorly and Im sure anyone picking it up in 2019 would struggle to understand why anyone would put it above just about any other FPS out there.....but it was great at the time and my nostalgia plays a big part in that love for the game. The N64 in general is something I would love to experience for the first time again. It was just the most amazing thing for me.
I agree with you. Going from SNES to N64 was mind blowing man.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Nostalgia is powerful so I would probably put Doom 2 at the top. Just blowing stuff away with the shotgun never got old at that age. Then once you got the BFG - fuck.

The other one is Bioshock which blew my mind. Such creativity in the use of the different plasmids, the atmosphere was like no other, the characters simply scary, the big daddies and little girls such a great combo. Just a 5/5 game.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Nostalgia is powerful so I would probably put Doom 2 at the top. Just blowing stuff away with the shotgun never got old at that age. Then once you got the BFG - fuck.

The other one is Bioshock which blew my mind. Such creativity in the use of the different plasmids, the atmosphere was like no other, the characters simply scary, the big daddies and little girls such a great combo. Just a 5/5 game.
Doom 2 is the greatest game ever made....period. Still play it to this day. Been playing Brutal Doom 2 on Ultra Violence. Want to talk about a fun and rewarding challenge.

All I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend:

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Doom 2 is the greatest game ever made....period. Still play it to this day. Been playing Brutal Doom 2 on Ultra Violence. Want to talk about a fun and rewarding challenge.

All I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend:

Werd. Just give me my shotgun and I'll do the rest

A great shotgun is my litmus test pretty much for any other shooters.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Are we talking about FPS mechanics or favourite games that happened to be FPSs? Because mechanically my favourite shooter is probably Destiny one or two. For all the billions of problems those games have, you cant deny just how amazing it feels to play those games. If we are talking about games that are our favourites but also happen to be FPSs then it is the original BioShock for me. Not a great shooter by any stretch of the imagination but I can accept the subpar shooting mechanics for how exemplary everything else is in that game.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Metroid Prime

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
bioshock was an incredible game at the time, the setting and story of that game is probably one of the best Ive experienced. The concept is perfect for creating a setting where the population has decended into insanity because no-one can just leave, they are trapped within a cage at the bottom of the atlantic, it gave it a real sense of isolation.

Never really got into bioshock 2 so much but the first was just such a great game to play.......really need to revisit it tbh.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,456 Posts
Halo 3 - loved the multiplayer and the kill.commentary.

COD4 - Infinity Ward at its peak.

Battlefield 4 - still to this day my all time favourite FPS. Proper cooperative multiplayer but also the option to lonewolf if you wanted. Superb vehicle gameplay too and huge maps.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Battlefield Bad Company.

Spent months just playing the demo on the oasis map for this game. Loved it.

Either that or COD 3.

The British, Polish and Canadian missions :banderas

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Perfect Dark - the spiritual successor to Goldeneye. I spent countless hours playing this game. I loved the single player story, and the secret missions unlocked. Loved both the co-op and counter-op. Loved its multiplayer and its numerous customization option (just needed to let players edit sim names). The game that came after it in the series though, Perfect Dark Zero, was a step back in pretty much every aspect from graphics to gameplay to multiplayer, with the lone exception being with the new ability to roll at the time. They took the term prequel way too seriously. The irony is that if it had better graphics (I’m not opposed to cartoony graphics or even the cel shaded idea they had for the game before, but it just didn’t fit the series), improved on the multiplayer from the original Perfect Dark, and made a better story, Perfect Daro Zero would have been an ok sequel. However, what was produced instead stopped the Perfect Dark franchise dead in its tracks due to how mediocre it was. A shame Microsoft never produced another one, since there were some cool plans in place for a proper sequel, and there have been some significant advancements in first person gameplay thanks to games like the Mirror’s Edge series.

Half-Life 2 is a very close second.

Others FPS games I’ve liked are Wolfenstein, Doom, Goldeneye, Halo, No One Lives Forever 2 (I liked the 60’s theme), Call of Duty, including the expansion pack United Offensive, COD 3, COD: Ghosts & COD: Black Ops 2.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hello the arcade /Amiga game called Operation Thunderbolt was kid of FPS.

It was a 1 or 2 player game where people your view was only FPS but you had no control of direction the screen moved and you had shoot or grenade the bad guys and vehicles( helicopters Jeep’s etc).

The plot was a plane was hijacked and you had to rescue the hostages . If you shot a hostage in level 4 or 8 you lost energy too manny die and you it is game over.

The last thing was the main bad guy had the pilot hostage by putting his arm around him and shooting at you. If the pilot died it was game over.

Yours

Farhan

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Half-Life 2
SWAT 4
F.E.A.R

I guess I in general prefer single player fps games where there is a story to support the fps elements. I'm not much for games like Counter Strike and such.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts