Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Not a big gamer in general so like any other filthy casual, the only FPS games I played were COD. And BO1 and BO2 are the ones I really spent time on (my dad hates video games, so it was really hard trying to keep up with all the new games that come out)

Anyway I pretty much played almost every COD, and the one I really enjoyed were WAW, BO1 and BO2, basically all the great Treyarch games. MW2 was the first PS3 game I played but once I actually tried playing online I got absolutely destroyed. The colour palette for that game was just too dull for me I guess. The black ops series was more vibrant and easier on the eyes so I had a lot of fun with that.

So I would say my favorite FPS would be BO2.

Reactions: SUPA HOT FIRE.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
Bioshock: Infinite

This was just unlike any other game I've ever played. The game mechanics are straightforward and satisfying but really it's just a masterpiece of story telling. Strip away all the alternate universe stuff (all of which has a very deep place in my heart as a wayward soul), and the uplifting yet dreadful story of a revolution against racism still meant so much to me. And I mean dreadful as in full of existential dread. Slaughtering sky confederates? Motherfucker - Hell. Yes. The examination of cult mentality, brainwashing, revisionist history. The horror of Songbird. I mean, all the shit in the game around Songbird just has its own unique vibe and it makes my chest swell.

Yeah, just a cool game

This song used to fuck me up. The whole game is like playing through some beyond fucked up nightmare you had while dosing off in church. It's a biblical story. It's the New Testament

·
Standing with The Man
6,112 Posts
Battlefield 3, holy fuck was this a gem. Maps were well balance, customization was on point. It also has one of my favorite maps in a BF game
This, has to be hands down my favorite BF game.

Crysis 2: loved the Assault game mode in MP where you had 2 teams attacking and defending computer nodes, attackers had Nanosuits and hand guns only trying to upload data and defenders had no suits and assault rifles stopping them. Threw so many hours into this.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts
My favourite of all time would be a toss between CoD 4 or Battlefield 3.

And atm only fps game i play are either PUBG or Star Wars Battlefront 2.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,262 Posts
There's also Quake III Arena/Revolution & Unreal Tournament 3.

Then, there's Crysis 2 & Black Ops 3....

#SpeedDemon #Run&Gun #FUCKCAMPERS

R.I.P. the Crysis 2 online servers. I hated the massive lag though.

And I actually like the maps & general gameplay better in Advanced Warfare. Fuck the exo movements in THAT game though. lol

This song is the one that I've used the most in FPS games online & Twisted Metal (PS3).

The beat & that shotgun.... :evil:

And speaking of Call of Duty again, Black Ops 2 had 3 of my favorite maps in COD, even though I don't own the game anymore.

Plaza

Express

Raid

I had some fun with Halo too.

Reach was my favorite & the last one I ever played.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Whew....TOUGH.

Doom 2/ Final Doom has to be tops, just for the sheer difficulty and how hard those two games in particular can really get your blood pumping when you have to be a one man army at particular parts (Last two thirds of Doom 2 and pretty much all of Final Doom get INSANE at times why I still play these games to this day)

Blood is a low key UNDERRATED AF FPS, with prime mechanics and supremely challenging difficulty that only the most hardcore FPS'rs can touch without cheats.

I felt the strong need to post this:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Far Cry 3

·
Registered
119 Posts
Call of Duty games, preferably WW2 or modern warfare-themed. I'm quite satisfied with them mainly because they don't cause much motion sickness to me, thus more re-play value. Perhaps because of the level designs, perhaps due to the more open-spaced terrain. Thus no repeated searching and wandering over and over for the likes of the hidden keys, locked exit, etc. No need to repeatedly go back and forth, from floor 1 to floor 5 then to floor 2, etc. Thus more friendy to players with eye or vision problems such as me.

Also, instead of the classic, claustrophobic, dungeon levels, where you could see the ceiling, flooring, and side wall tiles moving fast as you move, or as they quickly rotate as you rotate to face your enemy at your back. Such quick tile movements and rotation cause dizziness fast.

Also I like the comradery in the solo campains, you are not alone. Very big plus for me.

I started with CoD3 in PSP, and I was amazed with such gameplay changes and the resulting longevity I achieved as playing such genre. I became a fan ever since.

And for the question:

Classic FPS: Doom (DOS) <-- In retrospect, caused motion sickness to me many times back then, but I was younger and no eye problems yet, thus more tolerant back then.

Modern FPS: CoD WaW, CoD MW1-3, CoD2, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (all equally liked)

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Final Doom. It introduced me to a hellscape I haven't seen in videogames since Devil's Crush. That and The Adventures of Bayou Billy for the NES. I rather go to hell for real than play that again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
FPS is my favorite genre, and I've played them for many years.

The best ones I've played? The original Halo, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, SWAT 4, GoldenEye 007, and Unreal Tournament, are definitely the ones that absolutely stand-out.

Rainbow Six Vegas, in particular. It is tactical, tense, and with good AI. You have to think beforehand, and use team tactics, in order to win.

Left 4 Dead speaks for itself. One of the best video games ever.

Other good FPS's are Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Far Cry 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Doom 3, and Bioshock.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Final Doom. It introduced me to a hellscape I haven't seen in videogames since Devil's Crush. That and The Adventures of Bayou Billy for the NES. I rather go to hell for real than play that again.

Dude FD is so nuts, I still play to this day. One of my crowning achievements is letting all 4 cyberdemons out to play in Cyberden and downing them all simultaneously, so exhilarating.

You should check out Blood if you are into old school FPS.

·
Space Cadet
393 Posts
I'm not really the hugest fan of FPS games, I'm more into 3rd person. But eh, who cares?

Anyway, Call of Duty 3 is def my favorite. I used to watch my two brothers play it all the time and I ended up wanting to play it for myself, eventually I did and it became the favorite (It was also my first fps game I ever played).

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,365 Posts
Online it's a close call between Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2. Fucking loved those. Single player, it's probably Goldeneye.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts