Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to be a fan of flashy or colorful wrestling attires that various legends had throughout the years. So I thought I'd share with you some of my favorites.

• British Bulldog's Union Jack attire, plus the Union Jack cape.
  • Shawn Michaels' heart patterned tights.
  • Surfer Sting's attires.
  • Macho Man Randy Savage's 90's attires pre nWo
  • Rick Rude's airbrushed tights.
  • Rey Mysterio's attires.
What are your favorite flashy and or colorful wrestling attires?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
"Cowboy hat era" Savage had the best, most flashy wrestling outfits ever imo.
I especially like his gold outfit from wrestlemania 8, and his multi colored from summerslam 92.

Couldnt find any pics of the entire wm8 outfit unfortunately. But heres the one from summerslam.

87-88 Ted Dibiase had some flashy suits as well.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Rick Rude always had the best tights
As mentioned already, Owen Hart and Koko B Ware
Surfer Crush
Warrior
Obviously Savage
Flair with the robes

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would as sin asan OP. But I admit Hulk Hogan had a flashy attire during The Golden Era. Classical but effective: red and yellow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Savage had a really cool pair of green tights. I think he may have battled Andre in them.

I also used to love the Beverly Brothers outfits, the Hart Foundation and the Rockers usual green outfit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about the flame attires that Harlem Heat as well as Booker T had early in his singles run.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Agree with pretty much all the above. Macho Man and Rick Rude were my favorites. Even those that didn't have flashy attire, their attire worked really well with their gimmick.

Rowdy Roddy Piper
Mr. Perfect
Bret "The Hitman" Hart

·
Registered
336 Posts
I happen to be a fan of flashy or colorful wrestling attires that various legends had throughout the years. So I thought I'd share with you some of my favorites.

• British Bulldog's Union Jack attire, plus the Union Jack cape.
  • Shawn Michaels' heart patterned tights.
  • Surfer Sting's attires.
  • Macho Man Randy Savage's 90's attires pre nWo
  • Rick Rude's airbrushed tights.
  • Rey Mysterio's attires.
What are your favorite flashy and or colorful wrestling attires?
All great picks. Although I liked Bulldog's Union Jack attire and his white tights (with Union Jack kneepads, etc), I think his attire in his first WCW was his best - with the gold fringe on his boots and gold fringe on his Union Jack cape. He continued the red/gold design when he returned to the WWF, but with a garish Bull and Dog on the side of each leg.

Other choice is Bret Hart. The blue/black, and black/blue early Hart Foundation designs, to all pink, the pink/black, and ten the singles' runs with all pink, all black, pink/black, black/pink, the evolution of the skull insignia, the leather jacket, the Sgt. Pepper jacket (which he shared with Sting, along with their shared finisher), the evolution of the sunglasses from the John Lennons to the wraparounds, then having that become an adjustable attire for the whole Hart Foundation faction - ok, so the jorts weren't too flashy but overall got to love how recognisable and adaptable this attire was.

The dawn of the Nitro and the Attitude era was the end of the flashy attire for most top guys for a number of years. In WWF Bret, Austin, Undertaker, Sid, Vader all had attire that was primarily black, and even Shawn's attire generally had black as a base colour. In WCW, Hogan, Savage, Sting, Luger, Giant, Goldberg, and DDP all had attitire that was primarily black. Hall and Nash alternated between black and white and black and red.

Reactions: OAP1985

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As far as managers go:
-Jimmy Hart's many airbrushed jackets all corresponding with those he managed.
-Jim Cornette had very colorful suits. and even the case for his tennis racket had some flashy design.
-Bobby Heenan had a bit of glitzy attire as well with his initials sequined on his black jacket. His flashiest was the all white suit with gold trim he wore at WrestleMania III when he managed Andre in the main event with Hogan.

·
Registered
238 Posts
All great picks. Although I liked Bulldog's Union Jack attire and his white tights (with Union Jack kneepads, etc), I think his attire in his first WCW was his best - with the gold fringe on his boots and gold fringe on his Union Jack cape. He continued the red/gold design when he returned to the WWF, but with a garish Bull and Dog on the side of each leg.

Other choice is Bret Hart. The blue/black, and black/blue early Hart Foundation designs, to all pink, the pink/black, and ten the singles' runs with all pink, all black, pink/black, black/pink, the evolution of the skull insignia, the leather jacket, the Sgt. Pepper jacket (which he shared with Sting, along with their shared finisher), the evolution of the sunglasses from the John Lennons to the wraparounds, then having that become an adjustable attire for the whole Hart Foundation faction - ok, so the jorts weren't too flashy but overall got to love how recognisable and adaptable this attire was.

The dawn of the Nitro and the Attitude era was the end of the flashy attire for most top guys for a number of years. In WWF Bret, Austin, Undertaker, Sid, Vader all had attire that was primarily black, and even Shawn's attire generally had black as a base colour. In WCW, Hogan, Savage, Sting, Luger, Giant, Goldberg, and DDP all had attitire that was primarily black. Hall and Nash alternated between black and white and black and red.
All true. I thought Rob Van Dam was maybe the first top guy to bring back flashy outfits with lighter colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts