1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite and least favorite submission moves:

FAVORITE

Crippler Crossface

A submission move that hurt the victim's arms, shoulders, neck, back, and nose at the same time.

It could also happen anytime, as well. Benoit could counter a backdrop, punch, suplex, pedigree, Irish whip, and many other moves into this lethal submission.

Bear Hug

With more wrestlers opting for fancy finshers, the simple Bear Hug remains one of my favorites.

I'd like to see some of the current big-guys use it; maybe Big Show or Ezekial Jackson.

Brock Lock

Here's a video for those who don't remember : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHR1aG4UDw0&feature=related

Brock Lock was a move that made you cringe when you saw it. It would easily snap a man's leg if done for real.

Brock Lesnar being a 300 lb. beast also helped.

LEAST FAVORITE

Hell's Gate

I love Undertaker, but Hell's Gate looks out of place in a WWE ring and in his moveset.

As a Deadman, Undertaker should be winning every match by pinfall.

Ankle Lock

I have no problem with the Grapevine Ankle lock; my problem is with the ordinary version.

When in the Ankle Lock, the victim has his entire body free.

Surely, the person can use his one leg, his two arms, and his torso to break free.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Always liked the torture rack .. I hated Lex Luger, but it was a great finisher. Someone like Skip Sheffield (or any other monster sized wrestler actually) should make this their finisher.

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
He's made it look better. That was the first video I found. Most submissions are only as good as the people that have to sell them.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Cobra Clutch/Million Dollar Dream is my favorite, i just love it.

I don't really like armbar especially when the opponents don't sell it well.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Dragon Sleeper, Brock Lock and Cattle Muliation are my some of my favourites, i'm sure I can think of more but this is just off top the of my head

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Always been a fan of the Texas Cloverleaf. Quite liked the Haas of Pain and Regal Stretch as well.

Not a fan of the Armbar or Anaconda Vice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My favorite submission move would have to be:

The crippler's crossface
The sharpshooter

Also like:

Figure Four Leg Lock
Master's lock

Least favorite:

Hell's gate
STFU (I hate the name and hate that Cena does it ughh)

·
Banned
291 Posts
Favorite submission would be the Sharpshooter.

HATE any sort of vice grip such as Khali's. Just stupid.

Hate Cena's STF.

Always hated the mandible claw.

Hate the Masterlock.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Don´t really have a favourite one. If done and sold correctly most of the submission holds can look very very painful (I´m not saying that every wrestler is capable of doing so).

My least favourite one comes from my alltime favourite wrestler --> Mankind´s Mandible Claw

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Lebell lock, Crossface, Texas Cloverleaf & the Sharpshooter are my favourites and I'm not the biggest fan of Cena's STF

Reactions: CJ

·
Registered
454 Posts
Submission holds are okay in amateur wrestling where there is no script dictating the outcome, but in World Wrestling Entertainment watching a guy tap out is just plain boring.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I've always had a thing for the Sharpshooter and Walls of Jericho, well Boston Crab I guess.

Reactions: CJ
1 - 20 of 41 Posts