2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgers and fries
Hot Dogs/Corn Dogs
Pizza
Mexican Food
Chinese Food
Fried Chicken ( Soul Food)
Sandwiches (or as my peeps call em' Sangwiches)
Ham (DAT SWINE)
Pork Roast (White Bread Food)
Steak
Red Lobster (Seafood)
Grill Cheese
Apple Pie
Other

in the search for the answer to the most favorite american food in history. I would first like to say, please no one get offended that mexican food and chinese food are on the list but they have essentially became apart of american cuisine
since america is the melting pot and everyone comes from everywhere.

what is your fav USA food and what food do you think is the most popular among the people. Im very fond of mexican food and im not talking taco bell, if you can get your hands on some real legit mexican food in the US its the bomb. Im not trying to sound racist or anything, so i hope no one takes this the wrong way, but when all the people working there are mexican, you know you got a good spot. Same with chinese food spots. Its a good thing. Oh and horchata, i fucking love that shit.

after that i think the most popular food among the nation would be Burgers or Pizza. The most food eaten a year my guess would be sandwiches as its a good lunch option and easy to make in a short amount of time. The number one choice among mothers for packed lunch for their children. Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwiches, Ham and cheese, the list goes on and on. People like to make subs and customize it with a variety of condiments. Its just an easy win.

i wouldnt be surprised to see the pork roast to be very popular among white folks. Throw some carrots and potatoes in there and its a wrap.

I also like the chinese food spot where the chef cooks that shit up right infront of you. How gangsta is that.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just because it's eaten in the US it doesn't make it American. :StephenA
its eaten by americans on a regular basis...is there really such a thing as american food? No, its just a mixture of food from different cultures because that what the USA is, a mixture of different cultures.

Reactions: padraic

·
What?
13,511 Posts
After my extensive trip of the states indulging in almost all of their fast food I can narrow my favourites down to a select few:

The tacos on Venice Beach.
Philly Cheese Steaks from (you guessed it) Philly.
Dimo's Pizza (formerly Ians) in Chicago near Wrigley Field.

Last but not least probably my favourite food was the good old Chicago Dog.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Exactly what I thought pizza is Italian for a start.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
technically American style pizza is different from Italian, thicker crust, oilier dough and usually much more toppings. The Italian style is thin base with less toppings but more emphasis on the quality of toppings. Plenty of food snobs would consider the American style superior too but thats down to taste as well as what youre used too.

Same way American 'chinese' food is not what you'd get in china, styles change when travelling and to fit that market so most of the stuff on the list is valid as american food.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
LOL at "Mexican Food" and "Chinese Food" listed as American Food

To answer the thread title though, My favorite American Food is Southern Style Fried Chicken especially KFC's recipe.

Reactions: ABrown

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Just because it's eaten in the US it doesn't make it American. :StephenA
^this

Favorite American food is burgers. But I like some of the non American foods on the list. Mexican and Chinese food is NOT American, get a grip.

Maybe tc should have asked what foods do you like to eat in America.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Could of sworn that Hamburgers were maybe made in Germany...
Hamburgers origins is Germany, correct, that's why I said burgers without being specific. Turkey burgers, veggie burgers, all sorts of american burgers, any kind of burger is good to me, meat or no meat. Technically you could say a sandwich is not American because it was invented by the Earle of Sandwich, but that's getting too technical.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
^this

Favorite American food is burgers. But I like some of the non American foods on the list. Mexican and Chinese food is NOT American, get a grip.

Maybe tc should have asked what foods do you like to eat in America.
pretty sure the OP wouldve been referring to americanised versions of Mexican or Chinese food which is valid, take a dish from your average chinese restaurant in America (or europe or anywhere for that matter) and show it to a person in China and ask them what kind of food it is, chances are they wont have a fucking clue. Real chinese food has more veg, less meat (but different kinds), and is generally much less greasy and none of those thick, sugary msg sauces. and just try finding an egg roll in china lol.
Most dishes change once they leave their country of origin to make them more palatable to locals (or, more likely, to make them cheaper and easier to sell).

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
French fries or french toast. As American as the statue of liberty and the Beatles.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts