Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was questioning whether or not to put my personal life up on the internet, but I have no friends who have been through this situation so I may as well ask you guys for advice. My parents got divorced (officially on my birthday) in April this year. It's now October and already my dad wants to marry a new woman. He looks drunk with love when he talks about this chick, on top that, it'll just feel weird living with her. I've known her since I was a child, but that's what makes it worse. I go away to college this year, but I obviously have to live with my father until then. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My remarried and its not hard as long as the new spouse is not an asshole

If you knew her for most of your life than just kind of view her as a room mate

the one piece of advice I have is never, NEVER, think about if they are having sex while you are in the house

dammit fuck

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My remarried and its not hard as long as the new spouse is not an asshole

If you knew her for most of your life than just kind of view her as a room mate

the one piece of advice I have is never, NEVER, think about if they are having sex while you are in the house

dammit fuck
Oh God I just got a mental picture! Fuuuuuuuu

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
It won't be a big deal eventually but I can see why it would be hard since you are living with your Dad. My parents got divorced when I was 23 so I was able to wrap my head around it easier when my Dad got a new girlfriend. Just giving you a heads up, its worse when your Mom gets into a new relationship.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Get over it. Its not your life and since you say you're going to college soon think its time for you to act like an adult. Not meaning to sound overly harsh, but there you have it.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
Get over it. Its not your life and since you say you're going to college soon think its time for you to act like an adult. Not meaning to sound overly harsh, but there you have it.
Wow considering this guys going to college, that means his parents have been together for a fair portion of his life, show a bit of sympathy yeah? I know I would be heartbroken if my parents broke up, and one of them found a spouse within a few months after.

The kid wants advice and you give him this crap?

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
How about you fuck off Laddermatch. I ain't got time for stupid kids. His dad wants to get remarried and if she isn't a devil worshiper or a serial killer I don't see why its any of the kids business. Part of growing the fuck up is understanding sometimes people you care about make choices you think are stupid but its their life not yours and you just have to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I've known her since I was a child, but that's what makes it worse.
you have known your father`s new woman from childhood? How? sounds pretty weird....

·
7,744 Posts
Not much you can do but deal with it. First thing I noticed when my dad started dating again after we lost my mam was how much happier he seemed when he was with his new girlfriend than when he wasn't. End of the day you should put his feelings before your own and respect his decision, especially if it makes him happy.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
My advice is just be happy for them, don't get in the way of what they have because if you do you may cause a rift between yourself and your dad. As long as you can get along with the woman he wants to marry then I don't really see a problem. Also if you don't get along with her then you have the luxury of knowing that you move out soon to go to uni, which by the way will be the time of your life so if I were you I'd concentrate more on what shenanigans you're gunna get upto there rather than focusing on a slight discomfort you may have with your Dad moving on.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. My dad & mom got divorced(for a second & final time) in 08,then my dad got remarried in 2010 i believe. I met my step mom & her kids a few months later and we all get along fine. I'm basically living with my dad & step mom now so i don't have to worry about being late for class since they live like 10 minutes away from my college,and i've had no problems with them. The best advice i can give you is just try to get along with your new step mom and don't make nothing into something. Obviously the whole knowing her since you two were kids thing will make shit weird,but atleast try to show her & your dad's relationship some respect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a few other have already said it really wont make the slightest bit of difference tbh. I Have been through the same both my mum and dad got remarried after a little bit any weird feelings u have just go away and it will become the norm or so I found.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
I have seen my dad get re-married twice now. All you gotta do is wish him luck and enjoy the wedding. You are going to college so you're probably old enough to have some of the relatives sneak you booze during the reception. Eat drink and be merry. Remember its not your life, it's your dad's.

·
We Are Legion
484 Posts
How about you fuck off Laddermatch. I ain't got time for stupid kids. His dad wants to get remarried and if she isn't a devil worshiper or a serial killer I don't see why its any of the kids business. Part of growing the fuck up is understanding sometimes people you care about make choices you think are stupid but its their life not yours and you just have to deal with it.
If that's the case you shouldn't have opened the thread in the first place.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,773 Posts
Went through this. My parents broke up 5 years ago. Sure it was bad at the time, but since then they are both re-married and happy. Which is all I care about.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts