Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

·
Premium Member
18,185 Posts
Hopefully the father doesn't go to prison for this. Frankly any father in the same position would do exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably looking at a form of manslaughter. would be surprised if he was charged with murder.
I hope the guy doesn't get anything for this.

The dude was protecting his daughter in a self defense act, as any father would. He also says he didn't mean to kill the guy.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I'd be delighted if I found out the cunt was dead, seriously, there's something wrong with the world if he goes to prison for this.

·
Premium Member
18,185 Posts
I'd be delighted if I found out the cunt was dead, seriously, there's something wrong with the world if he goes to prison for this.
Thing is the legal system is so fucked that It honestly wouldnt surprise me if they did can him for it. :no:

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Dont wish death on anyone but I dont see how any sane man can convict this guy for trying to protect his daughter from scum

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thing is the legal system is so fucked that It honestly wouldnt surprise me if they did can him for it. :no:
I'm sorry if this offends people but this man not being let off scott free is not a sign that the legal system is fucked. I feel sorry for the man, he did what most people would do in that situation and is apparently remorseful but ultimately he has to at least be convicted of his crime. It'll be a manslaughter sentence and they'll obviously go very light on him quite rightly, I wouldn't be suprised if he avoided jail, but he needs to be put up in front of a judge for killing somebody, regardless of the reasons.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I think any father would do the same.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Good for him, I'd do the same thing myself if I found myself in the same situation.

·
Premium Member
18,185 Posts
I'm sorry if this offends people but this man not being let off scott free is not a sign that the legal system is fucked. I feel sorry for the man, he did what most people would do in that situation and is apparently remorseful but ultimately he has to at least be convicted of his crime. It'll be a manslaughter sentence and they'll obviously go very light on him quite rightly, I wouldn't be suprised if he avoided jail, but he needs to be put up in front of a judge for killing somebody, regardless of the reasons.
But surely the reasoning behind it is more than enough to let him off thats the thing. This wasn't a harmless random killing or even just straight up pre meditated revenge. In a sense it was a act of self defence protecting his daughther who naturally couldnt defend herself.

·
Premium Member
6,505 Posts
I wonder if you would be spouting the same rubbish if you walked in on what he walked in on.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
But surely the reasoning behind it is more than enough to let him off thats the thing. This wasn't a harmless random killing or even just straight up pre meditated revenge. In a sense it was a act of self defence protecting his daughther who naturally couldnt defend herself.
I hate to say it but The Arseache Kid is correct. I would have done the same thing if I were the father but if you let him off with nothing it sets a dangerous precedent with people taking the laws into their own hands.

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts
A man was in prison for a fake rape case...

It's America, anything can happen, he shouldn't be tried for murder though.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The legal system IS fucked whether you like it or not. If the man had lived he very well could've pressed charges on the man for assault while effectively avoiding time in jail for child molestation. Pedophiles get next to NOTHING when it comes to being persecuted by the law.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts