Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
slow and irritated: cobs and straw

·
Standing with The Man
6,113 Posts
Fun movie, with some great comedy moments, the chemistry between Rock and Statham was great loved their banter as the movie went on, the Mike Oxhall scene had me rolling. Idris Elba was fantastic as the villian and Vanessa Kirby was amazing too, figured she would be a bit generic but she actually had the charisma and badassness to stand toe toe with the 3 male leads.

·
Premium Member
44,050 Posts
The movie was okay at best. Jason Statham's character changing from a bad guy to a good guy still irks the fuck out of me though.
That was a huge issue with F&F8.

He goes from being a ruthless killer to being all buddy-buddy with the gang? Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow.

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts
Deckard killed Han because the team took out his brother and he wanted revenge. While I do feel think that they should have done his "face turn" better, I think the other characters respect how he protects his family as they do themselves

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It's certainly entertaining.

·
I'm about to end this man's whole career
782 Posts
Deckard killed Han because the team took out his brother and he wanted revenge. While I do feel think that they should have done his "face turn" better, I think the other characters respect how he protects his family as they do themselves
What do you mean by "took out"?

Last time I checked the Owen Shaw character never died. As in, he's still alive....

Hell, he appeared in F&F 8...

So Owen being put in the hospital (and still alive) somehow justifies Deckard's murder of Han?

:rockwut

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts
Saw the movie yesterday.

It was fun but felt too long and over the top (more than the F&F movies anyway).

Any guesses on who the robotic voice belongs to ? My money is on Cypher

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
China Loves The Rock

Box Office: ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Scores $102 Million Debut in China, Nears $600 Million Globally

Universal’s “Hobbs & Shaw” returned to first place on the international box office charts, thanks to a massive $102 million debut in China.

The “Fast & Furious” spinoff, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, collected another $120 million overseas, boosting its foreign tally to $441 million. “Hobbs & Shaw” is nearing the $600 million mark globally, with ticket sales currently hovering at a sizable $588 million.

In China, “Hobbs & Shaw” set numerous records, including the biggest August opening weekend ever and the second biggest Hollywood debut of the year behind Disney’s “Avengers: Endgame.” It also marks the franchise’s second-biggest launch in the Middle Kingdom, a record still held by 2017’s “The Fate of the Furious” with $184 million.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/box-office-hobbs-shaw-china-opening-weekend-1203313566/

How The Rock's popularity in China led 'Skyscraper' to rebound and become the global box-office winner of the weekend

"Skyscraper" opened in China over the weekend and was the top movie, with a $48.4 million opening. The movie became the top-earning title of the weekend worldwide, with a box-office take surpassing $86 million (it earned $11 million in North America and $27.3 million in other international territories).
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-rocks-popularity-in-china-led-to-skyscraper-box-office-rebound-2018-7

‘Rampage’ hits big in China’s box office

Reporting from Beijing — Warner Bros’ action-adventure “Rampage,” starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, dominated China’s box office, raking in $55.5 million in its first three days and accounting for nearly half of the country’s box office grosses last week.
https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-rampage-20180418-story.html

Wonder why Rock is so popular in China?

·
7,174 Posts
Re: China Loves The Rock

the rock seemingly is living the life most of us would hope for, eg find success and keep on growing it.

I don't remember a point in time where it didnt seem like rock's life was just on the upward slope.

Reactions: attituderocks

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts

the rock seemingly is living the life most of us would hope for, eg find success and keep on growing it.

I don't remember a point in time where it didnt seem like rock's life was just on the upward slope.
I remember that time; it lasted for 4-5 years when he was starring in garbage like The Tooth Fairy. His upward trajectory since Fast Five has been remarkable.

·
7,174 Posts

I remember that time; it lasted for 4-5 years when he was starring in garbage like The Tooth Fairy. His upward trajectory since Fast Five has been remarkable.
difference between rock and most people during that time though, rock always had a very successful position in wwe to go back to if his movie career really reached the point of no return. He wasnt hinging the success of his whole life on making it in movies.

I would be like bill gates trying to become a bus driver, its not really needed but if all else fails hes still got microsoft.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

When he was cut from CFL and had only $7 in his pocket. When everyone hated him as Rocky Maivia. He went through a lot of downs before hitting it big. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Plus he's extremely charismatic which helps a lot.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts

Wasn't Hobbs & Shaw meant to be disappointing financially before China?

81 - 100 of 102 Posts