Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once Paul Bearer turned on the Undertaker at Summerslam 1996 there was a rumor that Sable would become his next manager and it was actually incorporated in a match on WWF Superstars between Mero and The Undertaker, Sable attacked The Undertaker on a number of occasions with kicks. This was the start of Sable’s new more aggressive style. Does anybody remember this match? It wasn't the biggest match at the time but it is tied in with what is happening now with the Lesnar, Sable, Undertaker UFC/WWE triangle storyline. Who agrees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiAWjsrx_pQ

Undertaker vs Marc Mero with Sable

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Yeah I remember that episode of Superstars actually. It's really the only memory of Marc Mero that I still have but I don't recall anything about Sable supposed to be managing the Undertaker.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was in the back of the WWF magazine in the Vic Venom column. I forget the month but I know it was in 1996. Some of the stuff he wrote came true and some of it never happened. I really could've seen Sable managing The Undertaker in late 1996 and early 1997.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,320 Posts
Yeah right, in what world would Undertaker and Sable ever work. Unless Sable was going to start dressing like a goth and take on a gimmick as a disciple of the Undertaker or something, I seriously doubt it would have happened.

BTW the match was funny, Sable was like an annoying fly buzzing around the Undertaker the whole time, and Undertaker not even showing the slightest bit of interest in her until except for when she kicked him. If that were Kane, he'd have chokeslammed Sable after the match.

Reactions: cashfire2003

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This whole Brock Lesnar Undertaker heat has really caused a stir and the Marc Mero vs Undertaker match is a WWE Vault match. It's been locked up for years until now. LOL. who would've thought this match would ever get brought up on this website? You have to give me credit for this one. Will the match ever make it to a DVD? Uhhhmmmm probally not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts