Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
As if WWF had no idea a seemingly effeminate character would illicit such response. You still had Vito come out and drag back in 2006, and I am pretty sure there were a few implied chants, and even some carefully worded phrases from JBL. Then you had Santina Marella which was weirder than Goldust. Even I called the Bray Wyatt character homosexual on here a few years ago only for Bray Wyatt to dress up as a Woman in a titantron vignette pretending to be Sister Abigail. WWF would be blatant about it in the past, but you can tell they try so hard to be implicit with some characters to this day. Can't blame the fans no matter how wrong it was, it was WWE's fault.

·
Registered
950 Posts
it was a different time man. honestly, in the context of pro wrestling i kinda miss it. after all if two guys hate each other so bad they are willing to commit attempted murder in kayfabe ytf wouldnt they racially/sexual orientation/ethnically taunt their opponent?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
But isn't the word on the street that Adonis didn't want that gimmick and that it was allegedly some kind of punishment?
Thats what I heard, ive always assumed it to be the case. Adrian was apparently a tough guy biker, plus he was good buddies with Dick Murdoch, not the type of guys to be into that AT ALL you'd expect.

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts
We've come a long way.... but fairly recently Rhea Ripley had to apologize for using that word on a stream where someone sent in a donation wanting Rhea to insult him in Australian slang and so she did.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts