Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you see Fandango changing his name in the future back to Johnny Curtis or something else and letting Fandango just die out as one of his old gimmicks?

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts
I really don't want him to, but who knows what his future holds. I was so excited for his character when he first started out. I still consider myself a fandango fan, but I don't like what the WWE is doing with him.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Very generic as a wrestler with average mic skills.

Typical short-term investment for filler matches and eventual jobber.

And to think Jericho put him over at Wrestlemania. Honestly, Jericho needs a bigger ego with his character. I know he's unselfish - but he seriously needs to stop putting guys over just because. It's actually hurting the overall product especially if Jericho putting someone over leads to something like this.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Very generic as a wrestler with average mic skills.

Typical short-term investment for filler matches and eventual jobber.

And to think Jericho put him over at Wrestlemania. Honestly, Jericho needs a bigger ego with his character. I know he's unselfish - but he seriously needs to stop putting guys over just because. It's actually hurting the overall product especially if Jericho putting someone over leads to something like this.
Agreed. Jericho giving someone the rub should mean something. Instead he wastes his time putting over bums like Fandango.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
No, he should stay Fandango. He will never be a Main-Event guy and I prefer original name like that. But he really needs a storyline and character development. I'm a fan of him but it's seriously hard to get behind him, since Jericho, he never did anything exciting, it's the same stuff over and over again. If only we had midcard feud...

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Agree with the guys who say that the Jericho rub should have meant so much more. It very much seems that Vince has blown hot and cold with him already. If the WWE develops midcard feuds then he could still do alright, though. For instance, I would love to see him emerge as some crazy guy who thought he was a great dancer and was actually just a deluded sociopath. That could lead to a lot of character development.

·
Registered
237 Posts
For some reason I keep thinking he'll turn face at some point and team up with Santino. Then eventually have a run with the tag titles.

We're FANNNNNNNN-COBBBRRRAAAAAHHHH.

My prediction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fandango can still be a player in WWE if they give him a feud. It's not like he isn't over with the crowd still. He can easily bounce back given the chance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
WWE misunderstood his one big night for something more, they tried desperately to get him over and in the process ruined his character and embarrassed themselves. I will never forget the night Lawler stood in the middle of the ring, showing how completely out of touch he is with the current fan base while begging everyone to "fandango". They took something organic and fun and completely destroyed it in a months time.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
He's got the look to be a bankable star with or without the Fandango gimmick and has managed to make said cartoony gimmick work in this day and age, so he'll be safe. The gimmick is definitely not world champion material, but as the IC Champ, he could proclaim himself the greatest dancer the world has seen by showing a variety of dances from countries he represents while as champ (sorta like what Al Snow did during his reign as European Champ). 2-3 reigns as IC Champ is as far as I can see Curtis going with the Fandango gimmick, though I'd like to see him drop it and return to being Dirty Curty, maybe as a result of Summer turning on him and he subsequently refuses to move on before proceeding to creep on her a la Marky Mark in Fear.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
He needs to stay Fandango, otherwise he'll be as generic as you can get.

I picture him getting a midcard title run sometime in the future. Hoping he does, too.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think he can be a successful midcarder, but I don't see him going much further than that.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Absolute bore in the ring, not sure of his mic skills (but not so great as Fandango).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts