Wrestling Forum banner

Fan friendly superstars

12909 Views 69 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  tducey
The RAW roster is coming to my city tomorrow, just after a show in another city in my country that takes place tonight. I was thinking about going to the hotel were they are staying and ask for some autographs, photos and stuff like that. But does anyone here knows superstars that are fan-friendly so I won't have any problems with this? Obviously talking about only the Raw roster.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I'm latino, but I think that this is understandable.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Cena is fan friendly...obviously he has to be. Punk isn't, his fans have to approach him a certain way (I forgot how, lol) for it to be a positive confrontation. I don't know about anyone else.

If they're faces, though, then you should probably be ok. If they're playing a heel, they might have to act like it because WWE has this stupid rule that they apply to some of their talent that says they can't do whatever. I remember hearing that they wouldn't allow the Nexus guys to be fan friendly. :rolleyes:

Your English is fine btw.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
cena is the most friendliest, triple h is also friendly but not sure if he is there

unfriendliest is cm punk, he beat up kid at one show once and ignores fans. I can also imagine miz as being unfriendly

· "Ingrato De Chicago"
1,007 Posts
Don't get near Mark Henry. Got an autograph once from him at Woodfield Mall in IL. And he looked like he was pissed. No really friendly and did'nt say a word. This was when WM 22 was in Chicago.

John Cena is a class act. Met him at Gameworks (autograph session) in Schaumburg, IL for WM22.

My brothers went to see Triple H at Tower Records in Bloomingdale, IL (again for WM 22). My brother bought a RAW mag for Triple H to sign with him. He refused to sign anything but his book that you had to purchase. People brought chairs and even sledgehammers for him to sign. And he refuse to sign any of those items. My bro told me meeting him was not that great.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
905 Posts
My brothers went to see Triple H at Tower Records in Bloomingdale, IL (again for WM 22). My brother bought a RAW mag for Triple H to sign with him. He refused to sign anything but his book that you had to purchase. People brought chairs and even sledgehammers for him to sign. And he refuse to sign any of those items. My bro told me meeting him was not that great.
To be fair, I seem to remember he was doing book signings at that time and was promoted as such. If that's the case, and your brother went to a book signing to see him, he should have been expecting him to sign a book, not a chair. There's a difference between a book signing and an autograph session. Even legitimate authors will only sign their most recent book at book signings.

· Registered
356 Posts
A few years ago Randy Orton was a VERY approachable guy, but Im not sure about today. Cena and Triple H have very good reps with fans so if you see either of them it's worth a shot to go for an autograph.

· Registered
3,567 Posts
orton is cool, we both enjoyed a cig . i dont know bout now tho . mmmmm, go near morrison ^^ . i think sheamus is fan friendly too altho in character right now im not sure either. obv Cena is friendly , i take it DB is friendly . i guess thts it, i can name friendlier guys on SD

· Registered
488 Posts
Mostly what everyone has said so far. Miz when I saw him at fan events before Raw and hotels he is kind of like a kid in a candy store. He jokes around with his 'dick' role but overall is just living it up and eats up attention. Cena as they said will stop about anywhere to say hi and sign something. Most the Diva's I only have seen at events and never just out around the hotel so no clue how to approach them. If they are out and about the night before they are likely out to greet and see fans. If not they mostly just stay in till they head to the arena.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Miz looks like a really good guy from everything I've seen. He even seems to take getting shit really well. Plus it'd be pretty cool to meet the current WWE Champion.
Miz is definitely someone I'd like to meet. To be able to take that much shit and still reach your goal in life is feckin incredible. I'd wanna meet him just to give him a pat on the back. He's the fucking man.

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,647 Posts
I haven't been to a wwe house show since the Spirit Squad were around but Big Show was cool, Orton was too :shocked: . I'd bet Rey would be approachable in Latin America as would any face Spanish speakers seeing as it's good for the company to be fan friendly.

Don't ask CM Punk at the hotel though, from listening to interviews etc he doesn't like to be approached there.

The RAW roster is coming to my city tomorrow, just after a show in another city in my country that takes place tonight. I was thinking about going to the hotel were they are staying and ask for some autographs, photos and stuff like that. But does anyone here knows superstars that are fan-friendly so I won't have any problems with this? Obviously talking about only the Raw roster.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I'm latino, but I think that this is understandable.

JUANFRAN!

· Registered
1,834 Posts
This thread reminds me of the time I met a good few of the WWF wrestlers on a UK tour in 93 or 94. Either way, it was very soon after Bret Hart had won the WWF title (for the second time I think) .

Bret was very friendly and happy to talk to fans, as were Tatanka and Quebecer Pierre were also very friendly. Kevin Nash put his bags straight down when he came off the coach to sign autographs.

Bam Bam Bigelow was drunk when he emerged and was doing his best to get a young lady to come to his room.

Less friendly were Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart. Jeff Jarrett replied with a barbed 'no' when asked for an autograph and Owen told us to 'get the fuck out of my way'. I'm taking it Owen was having a very bad as he was apparently usually a nice guy.

There may have been more but those are the ones I remember.

· Banned
19,071 Posts
From 7 years worth of my own experience:

Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Jimmy Snuka
Rene Dupree
John Cena
Paul London
Rico Constantino
Rob Van Dam
Ron Simmons
John Layfield
Hunter Hearst Helmsley (as unbelievable as that sounds, he's just big on manners)
Ken Kennedy
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Gregory Helms
Shannon Moore
Ernest Miller
Kevin Nash
Matt Morgan
Mick Foley
Dallas Page
Bill Goldberg
Nunzio
Rhyno
A-Train
Luther Reigns
Jamal (R.I.P.)
Orlando Jordan
Daniel Puder
Scott Taylor
Simon Dean
Danny & Doug Basham
Mark Jindrak
Sylvian Grenier
Rob Conway
Mabel
Edge
Christian
Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Rey Mysterio
Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P.)
Chris Kanyon (R.I.P.)
Gene Snitsky
D-Von Dudley
Jamie Noble
William Regal
Sho Funaki
Tommy Dreamer
Charlie Haas
Maven
Goldust
Finlay
Bobby Lashley
Trevor Murdoch
Carlito Cool
Chris Masters
Khali
Kane
Santino Marella
Chuck Palumbo
Johnny Stamboli
John Morrison
The Miz
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Vladimir Kozlov
Mike Knox
Jim Duggan
Brian Kendrick
JTG
Shad Gaspard
Dolph Ziggler
Ezkiel Jackson
Curt Hawkins
Zach Ryder
Lance Hoyt
Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
David Otunga
Wade Barrett
Tyler Rex
Tyson Kid
Harry Smith
Drew McIntyre
Jerry Lawler

(me and my buddies were lucky enough to meet Nexus before the stupid photo ban)

Divas:

Chyna
Ivory
Molly Holly
Maria Kanellis
Trish Stratus
Victoria
Dawn Marie
Nidia
Shaniqua
Maryse Ouellet
Beth Phoenix
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Rosa Mendes
Jillian Hall
Kelly Kelly
All the people I've met and not once ever had a problem with any of them although I will admit some of the heels made me work for the photo / autograph request like Jack Swagger, that sly bastard.

- Vic

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Orton was an absolute sweetheart to me. He gets a bad rep.

I've met a whole bunch of other superstars too and thankfully I haven't had a bad experience with any of them. However, the main guys who stood out most when it came to being super nice were Orton, Jericho, John Morrison, Sheamus, Ted Dibiase, Evan Bourne, Ziggler, Nexus, Jack Swagger. Loved them all. <3

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.