• South Park

Votes: 48 72.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two very similar shows in terms of their humour and are rivals, I for one enjoy both equally but know that there are some who only like one so I thought it would be good to discuss.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Family Guy is the worst.

Reactions: s i Ç

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
I'm a sucker for random shit.

Like Conway Twitty, random 1 minute segments that are completely unrelated to the show...

I prefer Family Guy

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts
South Park, based purely on its longevity and relevancy.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
:lmao at this being up for debate.

South Park shits all over Family Guy.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,610 Posts
I like Family Guy more, but right now they both kinda suck. South Park is overrated, always has been. FG has gone downhill in the past couple years and most shows aren't that good either.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
My fave family guy episodes vs my fave south park episodes......Family Guy wins.

But overall as a show, South Park has been much better/consistently good. I've even given up on Family Guy now. Only new episodes I've watched in past year are ones with the episode preview sounding good. Cause too often a great preview ends up being an average episode or average preview ends up being horrible episode.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
South Park, without question.

Family Guy was never the same after being cancelled.

Two very similar shows in terms of their humour and are rivals, I for one enjoy both equally but know that there are some who only like one so I thought it would be good to discuss.
Cartman: Do you have any idea what it's like?! Everywhere I go, "Hey Cartman, you must like Family Guy, right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman." I am NOTHING like Family Guy! When I make jokes, they are inherent to a story! Deep, situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a POINT! Not just one interchangeable joke after another!!

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
South Park. Both shows walk that fine line of controversy, and both fit my style of humor but in my opinion you just can't beat South Park. Sometimes I am in disbelief over how Tray and Matt even get some of their stuff on air but I'm glad they do. I also find it incredible how they can develope an episode in a week which keeps them relevent to current events.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
I watch both, neither are what they used to be though. Family Guy has been off the last few years. South Park gets to be very hit and miss. "World War Zimmerman" was a great episode though, one of the best in years.

Overall, I have to say South Park.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
How are they at all.similar.in humour? Surely.you can't be serious.

Southpark, without question.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Right now, they're both terrible.

If I was pushed for an answer though, I'd probably go with Family Guy.

·
Premium Member
44,021 Posts
South Park, and it isn't even close.

I liked Family Guy in its early years. Simpsons rip off? In some ways, quite obviously yes (Peter & Homer are essentially the same character), but it still had a reckless energy to it that made it stand out. Now, its just stale & overplayed. The cut away gags have become more and more lazy, and when that is the core of your show, that leads to problems. It also doesn't help that Seth MacFarlane has gone on to ripoff himself with shows like American Dad & The Cleavland Show, watering down Family Guy even more.

South Park started off a little rough (even Matt & Trey admit that the earlier seasons haven't aged too well) but they grew & developed into something special & unique with a great group of likeable characters, over the top humor, and of course its social commentary. Every time something happens in the news, I almost salivate at the thought of what South Park will have to say about it and this past episode revolving around the Treyvon Martin/George Zimmerman case shows that they've still got that magic touch.

As a whole, South Park is more consistently good and they always manage to keep themselves fresh, somehow, someway. Family Guy is just stale and much like The Simpsons, I just want it to end.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
family guy was great for the first five seasons, not so much now.

south park was fantastic for eight or nine seasons, and still delivers occasionally today, so yeah.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
Both can get annoyingly preachy at times, but considering FG still has a renowned case of ADD-afflicted plots, I'm going with South Park all day, erry day.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts