Wrestling Forum banner

Which game will ultimately be considered superior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are roughly 48 hours away from the release of Fallout: New Vegas, and I am effing stoked. With SVR coming out next Tuesday, it's going to be an epic period of not having a life.

Fallout 3 ranks as my personal greatest game of all time, so naturally I am very excited about this year's offering. Just the scope of FO3 was amazing. I've been playing the game for 2 years, have logged probably over 150 hours, and I swear I haven't even covered 75% of the game map. And they're saying New Vegas is even bigger.

The thing I'm really looking forward to is this new "hardcore mode," where you're actually forced to eat and drink regularly to avoid death; meanwhile, your ammo finally has weight, so the days of dragging around 50,000 shotgun shells are gone. I love realism is my post-apocalyptic retro-futurist RPGs, so naturally I can't wait for this feature.

Anyone else picking this up on Tuesday?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Man there is so many games i needa pick up. this one is 1 of them. Also svr and nba2k11 lol. but yeah my friend showed me fall out 3 awhile ago and i was hooked to it. so im extra stoked for this game.

·
WrestleMania Veteran 21-29
1,195 Posts
I'll be picking it up, but FO3 will probably be the better of the two. Other than the strip i really don't see much of anything that is different looking from FO3. I have watched a couple people stream it and it just looks like Fallout 3: Part 2. Thats fine by me because more Fallout 3 the better, but I don't see me becoming as engrossed in it as I was when first playing Fallout 3.

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
I played the hell out of Fallout 3 so I'm really looking forward to it. I played FO3 on the PS3 but I'm going to buy New Vegas for the PC on Tuesday. As for the poll it's hard to say at this point but I picked NV because of the "Hardcore Mode" feature. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use Hardcore Mode for my first play through though.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Am picking this up tomorrow at midnight. Fuck the factions, am taking everything to myself. Anarchy will run the streets. Am getting SVR too.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From where? I haven't seen any reviews.

They're working with the same engine as Bethesda. It's basically the same game tweaked to have supposed improvements. Seems pretty idiot-proof to me.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Metacritic has no reviews

where are you finding this and bethesda usually does not send out advanced copies to non mainstream reviewers

·
WrestleMania Veteran 21-29
1,195 Posts
So far the major complaints are broken difficulty, quest system, technical issues, and story.
What reviews are you reading? I have read one by some "attack of the fanboy" guy, but he doesn't say anything about the title at all. I easily could have written that review from watching a few demos and reading a few preview articles. I do plan on picking this game up and if it is getting bad reviews I would love to read what they are saying.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
No, I'm not. I've already spoken my piece on Fallout 3 (in a word, it was just hardly above average for me) in another Fallout: New Vegas thread. With Obsidian helming the project and using the Fallout 3 engine, it's bound to be a disaster. I can already see the same problems I had with Fallout 3, just amplified. Not even gonna bother with the game.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Still not decided on whether I'll buy it or not. Played it a couple of weeks ago at the London Games Expo and thought it was decent at best (though I wasn't the biggest fan of Fallout 3).

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I loved Fallout 3 and all it's DLC and I found nothing wrong with any of them but I have read a ton of people saying how broken it is, etc etc. I personally never found anything wrong with it and I'm really looking forward to NV.

·
Registered
904 Posts
^ Same, the only problem I've ever had with F3 is a rare freeze now and then, but apart from that, it was fine. And it's a fucking addictive game.
+1 on that. but where are the bad reviews at?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The main problem with Fallout 3 was how ruff it was around the edges with getting stuck, glitches etc.

Its funny people condemn a game for that when all the GTAs and even the original fallouts were so ducktaped together that they barely ran.

I liked Vice City but anyone who said anything that floaty and glitchy is well programed is out of their minds. I rather have technical issues then gameplay issues

1 - 20 of 120 Posts